eBay disaster PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by evil_ss, Feb 7, 2020.

1. dross

dross Active Member

Have you had any response as yet from either or where they awaiting pay-pals latest response to the new evidence?
    With everyone in lock down I'm sure their will be a huge surge in online buying (if the sellers can send) so a good time to shine a spot light on these unfair practices, media would eat this up.

2. 66rounds

66rounds Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Absolutely makes no sense. It's almost conspiratorial now

evil_ss likes this.
  3. evil_ss

evil_ss Active Member

nothing from ACCC, cybercrime said its out of their jurisdiction as he is international. I showed PayPal the image of the buyers description "collective glasses" its black and white FFS

4. dross

dross Active Member

That sucks, sorry to hear this is dragging on when it should be a black & white issue. Hopefully the ACCC will do their job & kick Pay-pal in the teeth. A current affair would make them squirm which is something they should be avoiding at all costs right now.

5. evil_ss

evil_ss Active Member

Is the financial ombudsmen a step I should take too?

silverhair likes this.
  6. dross

dross Active Member

Anyone who'll help apply pressure is a fare call, never hurts to have a chat & see if their interested or what advice they may offer.

evil_ss likes this.
  7. bigsky

bigsky Active Member Silver Stacker

I really feel for you evil ss,

and I am not trying to be smart about it....

but when fedex delivered the parcel with the glasses in it
    didnt the size of the parcel ring an alarm bell, did you open it
    in front of the fedex driver at least...was there another witness
    to any of this...you had been advised to open it at a police station
    or post office in front of witnesses...or like I advised picking it up
    from a fedex depot and opening it in front of them...otherwise much of this is his word
    against yours...even with the video...thats why I and others suggested getting
    a current affair type program interested for the opening

It may be time to seek legal advice, unfortunately I believe that when you sign up
    to paypal...you give them the right to make decisions such as this, but they should
    have to at least give you a duty of care and be fair, open and honest in their ruling

It may not be too late to take this to the media...if you wanted

Did paypal give you a reason why they ruled against you?

Was there a description of the goods on the fedex docket or just written on the parcel itself?

Have they closed the case and have you tried contacting them again...I would tell them that
    you do not authorise them to dispurse any funds that were held in escrow until you have had
    the chance to seek legal opinion...point them to this discussion thread and tell them that
    thousands of members have been following what has been going on with this case

Like I said I really feel for you and the situation that you are in, thats why I have been trying to help,
    but in a lot of ways you have to be a lot more streetwise and think thing through, there are alot of
    people in the world out to rip you off, you have to watch your own back, thats the world we live in

I have been burnt to the tune of $4k, when ebay ruled against me in a dispute over an outboard
    motor I purchased, so I know how it feels to go through this whole ordeal and then have what feels
    like your heart ripped out...but you will get over it...but I would take this further and not let it go here,
    the case is too straight forward...once the buyer had been found to have done the same thing previously
    it was a straigh out scam...ebay agreed...why didnt paypal

There was a phone number for paypal australia on that link I posted earlier...maybe try phoning
    them if paypal has closed your case and you can no longer reply or msg them

You could try putting it back on paypal for not closing the buyers account when he scammed
    bayareararecoins...they have allowed a scammer to keep ripping people off

all the best, and I will try to help further if I can

cheers grant

evil_ss, 66rounds and Silver Soul like this.
  8. Silver Soul

Silver Soul Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Take this shit to the media, they love this type of shit. Little boy taking on corporate with hundreds being farked over the same way. Come on let the pitbull out. I'll even fund you some dollars to make it happen.... And fuck PayPal... I just closed my account with them whores

evil_ss and bigsky like this.
  9. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

10. bubblebobble2

bubblebobble2 Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Sorry to say, but I'm pretty sure that this is treated as 'petty crimes' as only involves small amount... I do know it'll stack very quickly when you add different countries, but as far as Oz cybercrime sees this as low impact crimes... if would be different treatment if it was involved in pedophiles or human trafficking activities...

Pretty sad on the outcome of this as little ppl like us have no protection and pretty straight forward crimes in broad daylight for victims, with solid proofs, and no assistance from law inforcemant..

evil_ss likes this.
  11. Yankee101

Yankee101 Member

As I posted in another thread the better half was recently ripped-off as well.

We don't know who "stole" the item, but it was 'lost', 'missing', stolen, or the buyer lied about getting it as it was sent regular post. I have a pretty good idea about who to put the blame on as a result of the correspondence from the buyer....................

The amount was no where near yours, but as a result it will mean any coin that is sold on Ebay will now be sent registered.

Any other items over $25 will also be sent registered. The added cost will probably result in lower sales.

It only takes a few of these losses to start adding up.

Pretty pathetic when one has to resort to ripping off small value items in our case.

I don't know if it would help, but each State Police has a rep who deals with Interpol.

I did lots work on requests from them as well as making my own requests when I worked at VicPol.

You might want to try and contact them with the details to pass on................

12. dross

dross Active Member

These guys video documented their EBay bun fight & after EBay saw it everything changed as per the two following vid's.

Relevant stuff starts at around the 13 min mark on this one

13. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I have no idea how eBay has sellers. It looks like a fraud factory to me.

evil_ss likes this.
  14. Yankee101

Yankee101 Member

eBay is only half the problem. PayPal is just as bad, if not worse as shown by this thread.

Years ago I sold an expensive set of stamps to a buyer in Germany and sent the stamps insured with tracking.

After about three weeks or so the buyer hadn't got the stamps and opened a case with eBay.

From the tracking information one could see that the stamps were sitting at customs in Germany and had been there for a couple of weeks. I provided the info to eBay who basically told me to wait......

In the meantime PayPal had frozen the US$500plus in my account.

About a week later the buyer got the stamps and left positive feedback. Ebay closed the case in my favor after phone calls to them telling them that the buyer had left positive feedback.

Paypal?

Paypal refused to release the funds which started a several week long set of emails and phone calls between eBay and PayPay who both passed the buck back and forth between themselves.

eBay: "It's Paypal's problem'

PayPal: "Talk to eBay"

Eventually after three weeks of the above bs I had it and gave up..................about a month after the last contact with them later the funds magically were unfrozen and appeared in my account with no message or explanation.

Dumb buyer that couldn't check the tracking and wait for a week to dumb action on both of the above parties.

evil_ss likes this.
  15. bubblebobble2

^^^
    You're lucky in that sense... I got my coin in Germany custom and buyer did not want to pay duty... claimed eBay and I said the same story as you.. but Buyer never wanted to claim it (pay duty).. eBay refunded the guy.. my loss than you very much... then I tried getting my coin back via Germany custom which is a pain in the 4SS, cause I had no collection form/notification etc etc... cause I was not in Germany... then within 2 days after eBay refund.. the guy paid the duty (with my refunded money) and German custom just wrote that the parcel had been claimed and duty paid....
    then I tried to escalate to eBay that he collected the parcel.. but eBay said escalation had decided in favor of buyer... so another kick in the gut...

noice.

bigsky likes this.
  16. evil_ss

evil_ss Active Member

Thanks again for the informative list mate. The size wasn’t that abnormal as the glasses were shot size.

I recorded the opening of it from the moment I opened the door to the FedEx guy, to the pulling of the glasses from the package.

In addition, he placed collective glasses on the FedEx picking slip, which to me was a no brainer.

In a surprising turn, PayPal decided in my favour!!!! Im still disgusted in how they handled the case, and I want to pursue ACCC report.
    I guess the lesson is learnt not to sell overseas again..

17. Silver260

Silver260 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Congrats, must be a huge relief.

18. bigsky

bigsky Active Member Silver Stacker

Thats the best news that I have heard all weekend evil_ss

So they reversed their decision...did you mention this thread to them in your discussions?

Couple of other lessons out of this...dont always trust ebay feedback....though not so in your case,
    always read what people write...although they might post positive feedback..read what they wrote
    as it is very hard to leave negative fb because the other party will leave you the same

selling things on online sites, especially such high value, liquid things like bullion and coins
    is pretty tough work..even if you try and protect yourself as much as possible...people will try
    and scam you...you have to always think like them...always think of the angle that they may
    be taking...treat everyone as a scammer but dont let your customer know this..watch for red flags

Its great news

stay safe
    cheers grant

Choyperth, XB and 66rounds like this.
  19. Silverling

Silverling Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Well done mate, good to hear that, cheers.:)

20. bubblebobble2