2020 Collapse

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by TreasureHunter, Dec 8, 2019.

1. minimilled

minimilled Active Member

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
  2. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Yep, I know quite a few pine growers in the area. They're a weird bunch alright. On full moon nights they walk around stark naked wiping their arses with the bottoms of pines.

3. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

Some canned food products have completely disappeared from the shelves in Europe.

4. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Anyone knows where's Pirocco? He can share with us what's happening in EUSSR.

5. Silver260

Silver260 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'm very interested to hear how Silver Stacker members, based in the US, feel about the current situation.

We have a very wide safety net in Australia, so I'm not concerned from a safety perspective, that the situation will seriously deteriorate in the short term.

But are people in America getting the support they need?. I'm genuinely concerned that the situation could deteriorate very quickly in the US. A lot of guns + unemployment + scared and frightened people, would concern me greatly.

sgbuyer likes this.
  6. madaw1

madaw1 Well-Known Member

I like that-very cool...:cool::cool::cool:

7. minimilled

minimilled Active Member

We’re about to get it good and hard.

This weekend is a good time to make your preps if you have not.

It’s all going to change rapidly and a good place to be is well prepped.

Silver260 likes this.
  8. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

that would explain why people build a brothel in the pineapple plantation

9. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'd give Pineapple a miss. Sure it has plenty of vitamin C but it's too high in fructose. The last thing you want in your body is more sugars. Sugar that isn't burnt is stored as fat in the liver, you don't want to get a fatty liver.
    perhaps consider berries that have lower sugar content, strawberries are a good choice, so are blackberries. Having said that, try to get most of your vitamin C from blanched vegetables or raw vegetables.
    Or, if you prefer home made Sauerkraut.
    Don't forget Brussels Sprouts, just a few will supply a huge amount of vitamin c.

madaw1 likes this.
  10. minimilled

minimilled Active Member

I’ve decided to stay where I am even though I know where this is going.

I pray to God to help us.

11. madaw1

madaw1 Well-Known Member

Who will eat canned pineapple when you have the choice to eat natural raw?
    Vodka and slivovitz can be stored for ever-the oldest slivovitz is the best....

minimilled likes this.
  12. alor

13. madaw1

madaw1 Well-Known Member

If you eat this ,you will never,ever be sick! This is the oldest probiotic,makes your gut healthy forever.Healthy gut is responsible for up to 80% for your wellbeing....

14. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I prefer Kimchi - cant get enough of it.

madaw1 likes this.
  15. dragafem

dragafem Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I have a couple of theories but love to hear yours regarding where we are heading...

16. madaw1

madaw1 Well-Known Member

We are heading towards losing our personal liberty as individual...unless...

17. minimilled

minimilled Active Member

18. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

I could do that too.
    (Haven't seen him in more than a year. Perhaps he's in other topics.)

The EU is all about Corona nowadays - what's important about Europe:

- the EU's population density is 116 people/sqkm (USA: 34 people/sqkm, Australia: 2 people/sqkm, China: 145 people/sqkm, Japan: 333 people/sqkm), so people are more exposed to Corona (and western countries like Italy, Germany are especially densely populated)
    - the proportion of old people in Europe is in general huge (especially in Central Europe and Eastern Europe) - thus, Europeans are more vulnerable
    - Europe can't contain Corona like China did (so, it will spread) in China there was 1 main hotspot: Wuhan, whereas in Europe there are potentially 100+ (probably several hundred) spots where it spreads
    - right now there are more dead in Italy (4,000+) than in China (3,255), despite China having roughly double the number of infected people
    - Corona mortality rate in Italy is 8% (every 12th infected person dies)
    - many countries have banned people from going out into the streets (Spain banned people for 15 days)
    - many people are ordering food and hygiene products, medications online, reason why online shops are oversaturated with orders and many have shut down, others have no more products in store: it's a disaster
    - many shops in big cities don't have enough food and hygiene products on their shelves: usually they lack many of the basics, but they're full of biscuits, soft drinks, water, some canned food (so, it's not like Venezuela)
    - many factories have stopped producing things (including a number of German and Japanese car factories in Hungary)
    - Slovenia bans groups larger than 5 to meet in public areas (yes, it's dictatorial)
    - Hungary has been producing masks by people in prisons (for around 2-3 weeks), but now they ordered a large number of masks from China
    - Berlin ran out of toilet paper
    - hand sanitizers, chlorine/bleach, sanitary alcohol are literally impossible to find in many European countries
    - many shops sell near expiration date food products (for some unknown reasons)
    - prices of certain food products went up +25-100% (canned food, potatoes, fresh fruits etc.), although most are still are usual price levels
    - some countries have sent the military onto the streets for added security (Spain, Italy, Hungary)
    - there aren't enough places in hospitals in Italy: people are being treated in various rooms of hospitals (not the dedicated rooms, but in waiting rooms, halls etc.)
    - other illnesses, diseases, accidents cannot be treated because hospitals are busy with Corona
    - Sweden doesn't quarantine people, they believe in "herd immunity", so they literally let people expose themselves to Corona, in the hope that a large part of the population will this way develop immunity (I think it's suicidal, because experts warn that this way 250,000+ Swedes could die) - allegedly, they stopped reporting correct numbers of dead:
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-19/what-is-herd-immunity-and-could-it-stop-coronavirus/12059968
    https://swedesinthestates.com/swede...ons-the-strategy-is-to-achieve-herd-immunity/
    - Italy: army trucks take the bodies of hundreds of dead away - over 600 people die daily due to Corona in Italy!
    https://www.businessinsider.com/cor...rt-coffins-bergamo-morgue-crisis-video-2020-3
    - Hungarian government builds a new hospital for 150 people near the small city of Kiskunhalas
    link in Hungarian (from a government site):
    https://koronavirus.gov.hu/cikkek/e...lmas-jarvanyugyi-mobil-kontenerkorhaz-epitese
    - Austria locks down entire clusters of towns due to several "nests" of Corona
    - sports events are postponed, canceled in many countries across Europe
    - Netflix and YouTube are slowing down in Europe and YouTube is purposely reducing the quality of videos in order for Europeans to be able to watch their services:
    https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/19/tech/netflix-internet-overload-eu/index.html
    - Merkel says 60-70% of the German population could catch Corona
    - many European countries lock their borders all around (Hungary is an example: the country is a transit country due to its good highways between the East and the West, North and South)
    - healthcare personnel are among the primary victims of Corona: many get infected on a daily basis across Europe
    - many EU countries postpone the deadline for tax and credit payment
    - large numbers of US soldiers stationed in Europe have Corona:
    https://www.rt.com/news/483689-us-troops-europe-coronavirus/

Only watch this video if you have strong nerves: it shows suffering people in an Italian hospital, gasping for air:

I'm sick of people saying "it's just like the flu", "it's not so serious, it's just hysteria".

This is another video about the shocking truth:

JulieW and sgbuyer like this.
  19. alor

20. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

THAT puts it in perspective!

I've been working on some friends who are very blase about the virus and scornful of the measures being enacted.

One in 12 might open a few eyes.

TreasureHunter likes this.