Recent Brisbane Ainslie Bullion activity...

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by Josh, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Josh

Josh New Member

Hi Folks,

has anyone here collected any of their orders from Ainslie’s cbd office this week? Or received orders to the reserve vault from Ainslie?

I know their online shop states the message below, but lack of contact is getting worrisome!

“Overview: The Ainslie online store is closed

COVID-19 UPDATE 17/3/20 – The webshop may be temporarily closed as we have been overwhelmed with an unprecedented number of orders and need to consolidate to ensure we don’t oversell stock. For the same reason we are unable to answer many phone calls. There is nothing to be concerned about in terms of our business, it is simply us ensuring we are doing the right thing by those who have already ordered. Please be patient.

Further Information: The Ainslie online store trades from 06:00am to 10:00pm most days of the year. During these hours you will normally be able to buy our produtcs online. Sometimes there are other reasons why the store is closed, for example, we could be experiencing technical difficulties in which case the store should be up and running very soon so please check back. If you believe that you are getting this message in error, please contact us to let us know.”

2. 66rounds

66rounds Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Seems like no supply issues, just significant demand. Makes sense if mum and dad can't earn interest on savings anymore they will look to the only alternatives that performed well last year, gold and silver!

Josh likes this.
  3. Josh

Josh New Member

Still hoping to find someone who has successfully transacted with Ainslie this week...

4. 66rounds

What was your issue with Ainslie?

5. Josh

Josh New Member

Lack of direct communication.

6. 66rounds

Understandable in my opinion as I doubt we have ever seen this level of demand build up so quickly in Australia. Since January dealers have been inundated with foot traffic, not much time for emailing and answering phones.

Josh likes this.
  7. mongrelmaple

mongrelmaple Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Hi Josh,

I’ve dealt with Ainslie in person this week. Both a sell and a buy transaction. They’re absolutely under the pump, there’s so much demand that they can’t keep up. There is stock there, but like every other dealer in the country right now they’re being seriously bought out by the rush to precious metals.

If possible, just go to the office and do a direct face to face transaction with them. You’ll get both your questions and your metals a lot faster that way.

I’m a regular client of theirs and I’ve never had any issues.

Josh likes this.
  8. Ag bullet

Ag bullet Well-Known Member

sorry, they are probably just busy preparing my 10kg year of the snake gold coin for shipment.

mongrelmaple, Josh and slavaja like this.
  9. Josh

Josh New Member

Great to hear mongrelmaple.
    Glad to get some first hand knowledge from this week!

We’ve used them a lot in the past too, and that’s why the delay in communication this time was disconcerting.

Cheers