Northern Star Resources (NST)

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by bazz1000, Nov 9, 2011.

1. scott_reeve

scott_reeve Active Member

Near all time highs. NST done well this year, but like many established gold producers, have largely gone unnoticed compared to some other hyped-sectors.
    [​IMG]

2. shano73

shano73 Member

1st 10 bagger.......thankyou NST.....keep going you good thing @ $7.12

Bullion Baron likes this.
  3. finicky

finicky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

^^^
    Low content
    Poor form just to come back to gloat
    Moderator please?

4. shano73

shano73 Member

Aww ......you poor darling Finicky........are you ok? need a hug?

5. finicky

No thankyou.
    Mods? That man tried to touch me.

6. leo25

leo25 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Amazing how NST just keeps going up and up! One of the few metal stocks that isn't doing shit. To think it was less then $1 only 4 years ago and now $8.

7. StewyD32

StewyD32 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Is anyone still picking NST up at current prices.?

Was thinking of topping up a bit at the sub $9.50-$9.20 after a small correction.

8. SilverDJ

SilverDJ Well-Known Member

4 years ago SLR was only 14c, now it's $1, and peaked at $1.50

9. StewyD32

Anyone picking up the rights under the share purchase plan just offered by NST.
    I have a small holding and was looking to top it up with this.
    Thoughts?

10. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

Yes I plan to.

With this deal, NST becomes a long life (20+ years) stock you can hold for retirement.
    Plus Bill Beament is still young and there's plenty more scope for further growth.

I'll be watching the debt situation, however.
    They've usually sat on cash but this time they are taking on some debt.

StewyD32 likes this.
  11. finicky

$11 share for $9

Collaboration of two companies to run Kalgoorlie superpit: SAR and NST - one knows pits the other underground. Both run by mining engineers out of West Australian School of Mines and have/ had senior roles with the School. Intimate with Kalgoorlie. Both roaring successes in managing Saracen and Northern Star. Additionally, NST to get Newmont's surrounding Kalgoorlie tenements and probably a profitable power station as well.

Doubts over Pogo mine in Alaska are lifting. Has been running at a forewarned loss due to focus on intense development. The cap raising presentation has an operational update on P26. Pogo's December ozs produced are to be double October's.
    NST is guiding to 240k - 300k ozs at Pogo this financial year fy2020 at aisc of A$1210 - A$1320. Quite profitable, with presumably better to come in fy2021 with more tonnes mined and higher proportion of stoping (the good stuff).

Gold has early break above 1500 in USD and could be breaking out of its 4 month downtrend in AUD. My fave commentator(s) (Jordan Roy Byrne) saying start loading up gold stocks. The stars are aligned so I am participating in the SPP, but not much because of cash :)

StewyD32 likes this.
  12. StewyD32

I doubt the debt situation will be of any worry to NST as the management is dead on the mark with everything so far. Even POGO now whilst it has a set back they are on track as they outlined and stuck too. It will be interesting to see if the maintain production at the December levels.

Yes, the stars are aligned so my SPP have been applied for already. Hopefully it will get fully filled.
    With POGO on track and market sentiment after the SPP announcement, it seems golden.
    I found it interesting in market sentiment between SAR and NST after their announcements. I wonder how much of an effect the extra tenements and Powerstation had to do with this.

finicky likes this.
  13. finicky

I heard someone else mention this - my view is that the vigorous boost in the NST s.p compared to SAR is less to do with advantages NST got in the KCGM deal with Newmont, more to do with the positive Pogo update. Pogo was letting some of the air out my total confidence in management and I'm guessing there was money on the sidelines waitig for confirmation that Pogo was ok (I like saying 'Pogo'). Then again, winning operating control, Newmont's tenements and the power station option couldn't have hurt NST's relative appeal.

14. scott_reeve

scott_reeve Active Member

NST Chart update:
    [​IMG]

seasonality:
    [​IMG]

finicky likes this.
  15. StewyD32

Down almost 20% this morning.... Was not expecting such a big drop for NST :eek:

16. finicky

I've been nibbling at things during the past few days of the crash (ARS - goldie speculative, LNK - Link Admin Hldgs) and if I'd got up early enough today from a late night very likely would have topped up NST when it fell below $9 today as it is still rankles that I didn't get enough out of the SPP to equal what I sold to fund my subscription. Still the best goldie in my book and AUD gold price still around $2,500, Pogo coming good if you believe the management. Don't forget, although the share price is now about what they created shares for to fund the KCGM acquisition there's no way they could have done that without the soaring pre-crash share price, so they struck at an opportune time for a potentially mind blowing asset acquisition.
    Like most others, have to mind cash cautiously though now and I haven't even looked at NST's chart yet. There are many competitive opportunities for very limited funds for me. A lot of indiscriminate selling I assume from GDX etf and other etfs and funds. Those getting margin calls and subscribers to the $9 placement and SPP probably also? Anyway, personally not shaken in my sense of where gold is going after the wave of liquidation passes.

StewyD32 likes this.