Germania Mint issues exclusive World Money Fair Editions of their popular 5 Mark Rounds

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Art in Coins, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Art in Coins

Art in Coins Active Member

Don't miss these limited edition Germania Mint 5 Mark Silver Rounds to mark the 49th World Money Fair, Berlin in 2020. These exclusive coins have special commemorative and numbered packaging and are already completely sold out at the mint. Only 500 pieces of each coin was made available for the WMF special editions.

2019 1 Ounce Allegories - Britannia & Germania Silver Round World Money Fair Edition
    2019 1 Ounce Allegories - Columbia & Germania Silver Round World Money Fair Edition
    2019 1 Ounce Germania Silver Round World Money Fair Edition (sold out)
    2019 1 Ounce Oak Leaf 5 Marks Silver Round World Money Fair Edition
    2020 1 Ounce Germania Silver Round World Money Fair Edition (sold out)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Art in Coins

Probably a good idea to clarify the title. These are not completely new coin issues, they've merely been separated from total mintage for these limited WMF branded blister-packs to commemorate the 2020 show in Berlin.

3. leo25

leo25 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Received a 1oz silver Allegories Britannia & Germania today. What a stunning coin with amazing detail, very high quality. Perth Mint should use this coin as a reference on how to make a good coin.

66rounds likes this.
  4. STKR

STKR Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I've never seen so many perfect silver breasts in one place. The Queen should use these breasts as a reference on how to make a good reverse :D

5. leo25

Going by all the German beer festivals I've seen, it seems Germans take breasts very seriously. :)

madaw1 and STKR like this.
  6. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

7. Art in Coins

8. Art in Coins

9. Trinkets

Trinkets Active Member

Actually, your prices are worse (skipping the two that are soldout on both sites):

2019 1 Ounce Oak Leaf Silver Round World Money Fair Edition : AIC ($75) > TCS ($59.95)
    2019 1 Ounce Allegories - Columbia & Germania Silver Round World Money Fair Edition : AIC ($75) > TCS ($59.99)
    2019 1 Ounce Allegories - Britannia & Germania Silver Round World Money Fair Edition : AIC ($75)> TCS ($59.99)

leo25 likes this.
  10. Art in Coins

First off, I am comparing my prices to the other dealer quoted earlier in the thread, Coin Shoppe in Canada and within the same currency. Who's prices are you quoting? I don't know who TCS is...

11. leo25

www.thecoinshoppe.ca o_O

Also I'm confused why you would make the claim your prices are cheaper? When a few clicks show they are not.

12. leo25

13. Art in Coins

Actually you are correct, at this moment... Seems "TWC" has adjusted his prices recently and at least since I checked when posting my coins. I stand corrected, TCS is actually below my listed price. I do price match however so no worries. Thank you for letting me know that TCS is the recognized moniker for Coin Shoppe. I totally missed that :)

leo25 likes this.
  14. Trinkets

Trinkets Active Member

lol As already quoted, TCS = The Coin Shoppe in Canada and the prices I listed are in CAD.

Also, they did not recently raise their prices: those have been the prices since they were listed the weekend of WMF.

As a retailer posting to this site, I would expect you should know your prices as well as your competitors. I would also assume that you would check prices before claiming that they are cheaper, or of accusing someone (me) of not knowing the prices when it is a simple task for anyone to visit the websites and check.

Feel free to advertise as you see fit here and elsewhere, but do expect to be called out on false claims in a community site that tries to help each other with information, including purchase assistance.

15. Art in Coins

Ahhh, actually, I can't argue this point. I was looking at TCS 2019 WMF coin prices vs the big difference to the 2020 releases that I missed out on. Let's not get too accusatory in tone, as honest mistakes can be present from time to time. Especially when you're a one man company trying to keep on top off the entire numismatic market single-handedly :) Cheers Michael

16. Trinkets

Trinkets Active Member

Nothing accusatory meant, just being factual. As I've said above, if you post a statement about your prices being superior to others, it is wise to make sure that comment is accurate and you have done your due diligence: simple clicks do not cost anything no matter how big or small a company is. It also means expecting other people will do the same to counter any said claim.

I believe I have said this before in another thread, but I do not like chatting back and forth with stores on forum threads like this if it is a general post: this isn't a sales thread. Best to place comments like that appropriately. Free advertising is one thing, but so is feedback.

Signing off.