advise needed

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by mmurasoli, Feb 12, 2020.

1. mmurasoli

mmurasoli Member

Hi all

I am new here, was going to purchase 1kg and couple of 10oz of silver from Perth mint directly, but they are out of stock atm. So I thought Ill seek some advise from here. I did have a good read of the guide to buying silver on this site. I checked Perth mint website and ABC and their buy back price is 7% to 11% less for bars and like 20% less for coins etc. I would like to sell/trade if there is any emergency in the future. I guess purchasing coins is not an option for me since the buy back price is not great, also I looked at buying 1oz mint bars 20 in a tub.... slightly confused. What is my safest and smart option? Would gold could also be my option? Please advise.

Thank you

2. bubblebobble2

bubblebobble2 Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

buy here.. dealers and refineries (such as PM/ABC) sell more premium than here.. as long as you go with reputable sellers and F2F option is always good to maintain low overheads on your purchases...remember
    buy low SELL HIGH!

Platinumbullion and mmurasoli like this.
  3. mmurasoli

mmurasoli Member

I am sorry.

4. AgStalker

AgStalker Active Member Silver Stacker

Welcome Mmurasoli. You might wish to post your question in the Questions & Comments section further down.

In the meantime I have sent you this as Private Message so you may ask me personally also. Happy to share my thoughts and experience and offer (non-financial) advice.

Just reply from your inbox.

Good luck with your stacking. AgStalker

mmurasoli likes this.
  5. LiverBird

LiverBird Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Welcome!
    Don't worry about the initial cranky response to your thread.
    I'd echo what the folks above have said, buy & sell on this forum from individuals you feel comfortable dealing with.

Platinumbullion and mmurasoli like this.
  6. GreatSouthernTime

GreatSouthernTime Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Welcome mate.

I’m a relative newbie to the game also but if I had to make a guess on what would be the most liquid for resale it would be small gold coins. One because they are easily transportable and two because you can travel with their face value if needed.

Being able to sell is always a concern but if you buy with the intention of holding it makes it a little less daunting. I always keep some cash away for emergency situations so if I needed to sell metal I could take more time to get the right price.

More experienced stackers feel free to correct me if anything is fundamentally wrong here.

good luck.

JS1880 likes this.
  7. mmurasoli

mmurasoli Member

Hi all, today I bought my first 100oz silver bar from
    SS member gbickle. Thank you all

JS1880 likes this.