Forum Suggestion regarding sale section rules?

Discussion in 'Questions & Comments' started by Jason1, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

with allot of forums ive been part of, A vast majority of those forums require pictures of the items to be posted for the sale thread to be valid. The aim of this thread is a simple forum suggestion regarding sale section rules, Could Admin consider adopting something along these lines?.
    So many threads are posted with out pictures, It doesn't help them as a seller but more so doesn't help the buyer. Im sure not every one agrees with this suggestion as it requires them to do a bit of leg work and post some pictures but it is frustrating not seeing a single picture posted as some sort of proof of life lol, which ads a bit more confidence in that the seller actually has the item and ups the chance the item matches the description.
    Like I said only a suggestion regards Jason

2. slavaja

slavaja Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The thing is that for me it's a Hassle posting pics because I have to resize everything.

Boyscout likes this.
  3. milled

milled Active Member

Depends what you are buying and from whom.

If the poster is selling bullion items and has a trading history, or at least has a long history with the site and posts a bit and seems sensible, then it is a different story from a brand new poster or a sleeper with minimal posting.

There have only to my knowledge been a small number of bad players here in the criminal sense. Of course, you wouldn't want a banged up item even if raw bullion, if the price is not much different to a nice block of metal. This happened to me a few times early on a long time ago, though really just two times out of numerous flawless trades with people who were very helpful.

If you are buying items which might carry a premium, any, over bullion and are liable to be scratched easily, develop milk spots or tarnish, or even if you are fussy about the protective plastic case, then it is best to request a picture.

I think you'll find people are more than happy to post pics to you privately once you express interest, if that helps.

Skyrocket and kilo like this.
  4. GoldenEye

GoldenEye Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Photos aren't always necessary on this site, but people can add pics if they have a special item, or if they think it would help with the sale.

Skyrocket, Boyscout and kilo like this.
  5. kilo

kilo Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Don’t see the need to post pics for common/generic items unless there is a request.
    Unusual or numi is a different kettle of fish, higher quality the photo the better. Thats just me, each to their own.
    If you want a photo just ask and take it from there.

6. Number 47

Number 47 Well-Known Member

I think photos help to make a sale even if it's a common item.

A picture says a thousand words.
    People are more likely to desire something that they can see.

Resizing pictures can be a pain, but your effort will be rewarded by increasing the pool of potential buyers.

GF likes this.
  7. Ipv6Ready

Ipv6Ready Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I think it is buyer beware and common sense.

If I was selling or buying 500 round fifties, I would definitely need to see a photo from some new members or member with little activity but not others.

But for items with big premiums, I think most buyers do upload photos already, and I havent seen anyone refuse to upload a photo when asked.

Boyscout likes this.
  8. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

One picture is worth a thousand words.

If you want to convince your buyers the product is real or worth their attention then post a picture.

The less rules we have the better.

9. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Banker can call double-up if his 1st card is an ace and payout triple on 3x sevens. Disagree with having 5 and under as a double payout.