Questions on selling from USA

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Silverliner512, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Silverliner512

Silverliner512 New Member

Hello fellow silver stackers,

I want to sell my silver in this platform, and I realize this is Australia/New Zealand area.

I wanted to see if anyone has bought any silver from USA before? If so, what are some logistical issues that can arise with money transferring, customs, and shipping costs?

I do realize having no selling history that I’ll have to send items first and get paid later to get some reviews, and I don’t have an issue with that (for high ranked members).

Any thoughts, comments, helpful hints would be much appreciated!

For anyone curious, here’s some of my coins I want to sell:

2013 Perth silver snake 2 oz
    2012 Colorized Perth silver kangaroo 1 oz
    2012 kookaburra with dragon privy 1 oz
    2012 Perth silver dragon 10 oz
    2012 Colorized Perth silver dragon 5 oz
    2011 Perth koala 1 oz
    2011 Canada 1 oz grizzly
    2011 Somalia elephant 1 oz
    2011 5 oz and 1 oz silver Fiji Taku

2. mostly_broncos

mostly_broncos New Member

I don't think its going to work. Why should buyers in australia buy australian coins shipped from the US ? You have a steep hill of shipping costs to surmount there. They can buy from in country at a cheaper price , also currency conversion charges have to be added in.

If you want to sell to Australia , sell coins they can't get locally. Maybe they will pay you to ship them morgan dollars ?

Sell your coins in the US . If Ebay is not to your liking get a bit of space at an antique mall in a locked case where you pay monthly rent , not a percentage of the sale price .

spannermonkey likes this.