For sale: 12 Sovereigns $575 per coin

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand (Public)' started by HeavyMetalHoldings.com.au, Jan 29, 2020.

1. HeavyMetalHoldings.com.au

HeavyMetalHoldings.com.au Member

jultorsk, 66rounds and ozcopper like this.
  2. Silverbullet82

Silverbullet82 Member

Buzz 1906M

3. HeavyMetalHoldings.com.au

HeavyMetalHoldings.com.au Member

Sold in one lot, waiting on payment.
    Thanks to everyone that messaged me.

slavaja likes this.
  4. Silverbullet82

Silverbullet82 Member

I guess buzzing has no value here

5. AgStalker

AgStalker Active Member Silver Stacker

In defence of HeavyMetalHoldings.com.au; I initiated the deal just a few minutes before your buzz

Hi, AgStalker here.
    I am interested in your entire collection of 12 Sovereigns posted to Melbourne.

Regards, AgStalker

AgStalker, Today at 9:55 AM

As a good sport, I shall be happy for HeavyMetalHoldings.com.au to accept the Buzz;
    and I shall only purchase the rest of the collection.

Failing that, I shall be happy to transact with Silverbullet82 separately (by post only).

Kind Regards to all, AgStalker

JS1880, GF, oziwassabi and 12 others like this.
  6. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

A gentlemanly call and response AgStalker. Well done. (and a good buy also!)

FWIW: a quick buzz in thread before private message settles these sort of issues, however that said, I usually PM since a buzz broadcasts one's activity and I'm happy for that to remain out of the public domain.

Intrusion to thread now ended.

JS1880, GF, oziwassabi and 6 others like this.
  7. Silverbullet82

Silverbullet82 Member

No need to gimme one AG stalker i wanted f2f only for payment anyway and sovereigns are common enough here on silverstackers. I had just received a msg after i buzzed from the seller on my mobile after giving him that in pm separate from my buzz asking me how many i wanted and then later seeing him write that here made me slightly annoyed.

Nice purchase mate though a msg saying ur interested is not a purchase while a buzz i supposed to be (looking at seller not u ag stalker)

If the seller wants to honour ur offer i already know they live close to me

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
  8. AgStalker

Thanks, Silverbullet82. And welcome.
    Sometimes sellers like to transact in bulk (myself included);
    and he was trying to give us both due consideration in case you might be interested in the entire lot as well.

Fear not, plenty of stuff on offer still.
    Good luck with your finds.
    Regards, AgStalker

madaw1, 66rounds and Silverbullet82 like this.
  9. Silverbullet82

Silverbullet82 Member

Thanks mate yes sovereigns are common on this forum. Ill get some soon and know not to buy from this seller when i do who goes off the initiation of a conversation without any agreement to purchase as stated. Agreement came after there was a buzz that the seller had seen

10. 66rounds

66rounds Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Youve been here long enough to know that any sales thread is subject to sellers choice regardless of buzz. Sucks to be in your shoes, happens to me often too, but just have to cop it on the chin. Sellers will string out the conversations with multiple buyers until they have one thats 100% certain.

hiho, 1for1, AgStalker and 2 others like this.
  11. AgStalker

Good morning Stackers
    Firstly, I wish to thank you all for liking my earlier post which earned me a "trophy".
    It was not intended as PR stun; just doing what I felt were the right things to do.
    Nevertheless, much appreciated.
    However, I wish that you will NOT "Like" this post!

I wish to update you all that our deal has fallen through.
    HMH decided to pull a swifty on me and withdrew 2 of the sovereigns from the lot
    just right past midnight when I was preparing to transfer funds as agreed.
    I, of course just as swiftly rejected the dud sovereigns left on offer.

I believe I may post a negative feedback on HMH's Trader History even though the deal has fallen through;
    but I am not one to ruin somebody's reputation on such trivial matter.
    However, I shall leave the decision to you Stackers.
    50 LIKE's of this post will prompt me to post Negative Feedback on HMH.

I think this is a great community and I appreciate all the great deals I have had since joining last December.
    Had my fair share of offers rejected; but with all the deals that consummated, I trust they have been equitable.
    I hope I am doing my part in contributing to the this forum in sharing my experience and dealings.
    I am happy for my Conversations with HMH to be posted or reviewed by Admins if necessary.

Admins, kindly delete this post or thread if you feel it is no longer appropriate or relevant.

Hope it will not happen again.
    With best wishes to all your stacking goals, AgStalker

J23, RichardAL, Timmy88 and 6 others like this.
  12. 66rounds

Which two??

13. AgStalker

For the benefit for you Slackers who are too busy to do your own research:
    [And also those who need to see the whole picture:]

6pm "would you like to sell the 1906M to Silverbullet82?"
    11:12pm "I shall make the payment to:
    XXX past midnight.
    12:10am "My partner wants to keep the 1897 UK coin and I will see if Silver Bullet wants the 1906M."

The rest was to contemplate if I should share my experience with this forum.

66rounds likes this.
  14. Silverbullet82

Silverbullet82 Member

There is no seeing if i wanted it. I already buzzed. I didnt say i am interested only at that point. I had also already pm'ed a minute after buzzing to conclude the transaction i already agreed to with him telling me he lives close and asking how many i wanted. I answered immedietly. Then silence from him. Ag i hadnt pm'ed him i was interested. I had buzzed

66rounds and ozcopper like this.
  15. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

Oh dear

16. Pendragon

Pendragon Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The law of contracts governs the conversation protocol in contract formation. We can not escape that. Some Silverstackers are quite well aware of contract formation principles but there are some who are not and it would be a good idea to articulate and disseminate this together with the forums own additional conventions.

The buzz is technically the offer. This for-sale ad is called, in law, an invitation to treat, however if it was structured as a legal offer then the buzz would indeed be an acceptance and would form a legally binding agreement; however this ad, like most ads here, is a mere invitation to treat. So the seller is at liberty - at least in law - to accept what ever offer he pleases.

Excluding auctions, if some sellers use the words "on offer ..x.." - this is just layman language. If a seller wishes to create a legal-offer then he/she must word and structure the ad as a legal offer - including the condition that acceptance (buzz) must be public - otherwise the seller could end up bound to deliver the same coin to multiple persons. A PM sent in such a context would not count as an acceptance but as a counter-offer so as to give the seller an opportunity to withdraw the public offer before it is accepted. A buzz with any conditions would be considered a counter offer if the ad is a legal offer.

Having made clear the inescapable legal determination of this conversation, Silverstackers appear to have developed an informal moral obligation on the seller to accept offers (buzzs) in chronological sequence unless the seller makes clear otherwise. This seems to be quite a reasonable norm however it might be a good idea to articulate these informal forum conventions so that everyone can refer to them and we minimise disputes and maintain cordial relations.

For example elements missing from our informal conventions is the the default expiry of our offers (the buzz) and if there are multiple items in a sale what is the default position - are they treated as one lot? This creates risks for the buyer and the potential for disputes. Does the offer (a buzz) expire in 10 minutes or 10 days? Do we want to nonetheless create an obligation on the seller to make private offers to expired offers (buzzes) in chronological order? If the buyer does not specify acceptance preferences when selling multiple goods do we impose the chronological norm on individual items or the lot as a whole?

AgStalker, 66rounds and JS1880 like this.
  17. sellmeyourbullion

sellmeyourbullion Active Member Silver Stacker

Look mate, you shouldn't be having a go at Ag. It's purely the sellers fault, it's always been my point of view that whoever contacts the seller first, whether it be a PM or buzz in thread (regardless if they don't use the term "buzz"). That person has first dibs on whats for offer. Unfortunately the seller has stuffed things up and is now pandering to both of you further complicating the transaction. Like 66rounds said deals come and go, and this time you lost, take and it on the chin and move on.

RichardAL and slavaja like this.
  18. 66rounds

I think he was just clarifying to Ag that there had been no contact from HMH.

19. AgStalker

For clarification:
    I asked HMH @ 6pm "would you like to sell the 1906M to Silverbullet82?"

20. Silverbullet82

Silverbullet82 Member

AG once again hard feelings are not towards you. Just slightly annoyed at the seller and not you though i did disagree with your comments about the PMs sent etc.

Looks like it wasnt a great buy for you anyway (reading now about the 2 dud coins etc).

Good luck with the next one and may you prosper here