2020 Collapse

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by TreasureHunter, Dec 8, 2019.

1. madaw1

madaw1 Well-Known Member

I agree- there was a joke on my side-of course it's work /propaganda/ on both sites. One don't have to be always so serious....

mmm....shiney! likes this.
  2. 66rounds

66rounds Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

3. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

CNY usually markets close in many exchanges

4. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

I sure can imagine 3,000 $ gold easily. 5,000 $ possible. With the way things are goin' nowadays...

I wish I had myself an exotic island with tonnes of supply :D

slavaja likes this.
  5. JOHNLGALT

JOHNLGALT Well-Known Member

6. madaw1

madaw1 Well-Known Member

This is the way to make money these days-watching real, not fake news and trade the news-more cases of viruses reported,short the market....unless FB.MFTS,and GOOG produce spectacular results in a few days/reporting season/.
    Edit: This is not advise how to trade,just my 2c observation...:cool:

7. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

In a recent Real Vision video Maziar Minovi outlines his view on a potential collapse in particular what could trigger it. He argues that it’s not likely to come from a single event but as a result of the incapacity of policy makers (both monetary and fiscal) to meet the challenges that a culmination of geo-political events might bring about.

Monetary policy is already stretched to its near limit in most countries, and fiscal policy players may be politically unwilling to cooperate eg Democrats impeaching a Republican President are unlikely to agree with Republicans on a spending policy or tax cuts. The two sides would rather cut their noses off than agree.

His number one threat we face? Political polarisation in the US. For example if Trump wins the next election the electorate is so polarised that the losers will be unable to accept the outcome of the election. If Trump wins therefore expect the Democrats to protest constantly and fiercely through any and every means possible. This probably includes through the legal and political systems and also in the streets and press. And Trump to drive the wedge even deeper into US society in an attempt to destroy his opposition. This has the potential to destroy markets.

We see a bit of that in Oz for example, though nowhere near as bad yet, with opponents of Scomo calling for his resignation over the bush fire crisis. To me it’s just a manifestation of their inability to accept electoral defeat.

Maybe in the UK things will be better if they can arrive at some mutual acceptance about Brexit. It’s a great opportunity for the British political leaders to unite the country. I hope they don’t waste it. A message of unity would be a good example for other countries.

Silver260 and madaw1 like this.
  8. TreasureHunter

Brexit is finalized - watch Farrage's speech and more importantly, watch the fascistic anti-British rhetoric of the eurocrat afterways: "put away your flags, remove your flags!!!". What is this, the Soviet Union?

Remember the "Grexit" (term first used in 2012) - when Greece was supposed to leave the EU?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_withdrawal_from_the_eurozone

Well, the UK left first!
    The UK was one of the EU's strongest economies, one of the strongest armies, not to mention its cultural weight in the union.

The collapse of the EU will continue. More countries are likely to leave, as the anti-traditional eurocrats keep eroding the member states (see Hungary, Poland etc.).

The Soviet Union was pretty much similar to the EU, the only major differences: the EU used to have a nice "facade" built on diversity/collaboration, but it was merely an illusion; one could not leave the Soviet Union, but you CAN leave the EU.

I am worried about the trends, because the EU really seemed like a nice dream. Sadly, ideologies and political thirst for power has eroded everything.

It's hard to believe, but from today... THE UK IS NO LONGER A MEMBER OF THE EU

Oddjob likes this.
  9. TreasureHunter

Interesting facts:

EU GDP with UK: approx. 18.3 billion USD
    EU GDP without UK: approx. 15.9 billion USD (-14.4 %)

The EU has essentially lost 14.4 % of its GDP and as a global power this drags it down closer to China. Now China can take over much easier by climbing to number 2 from number 3. The EU was anyway a "shaky" economic powerhouse and now it's getting worse.

I wonder: who's next?

Poland and Hungary might ditch together. Other countries on the list could include: Slovenia, Italy, Greece...

After that happens, Turkey could join the EU. :D

10. Oddjob

Oddjob Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Good vid that.

CANZUK - Hadn't heard that term before. Seems like a kind of rebirth of the Empire (https://www.canzukinternational.com/), but if the 2015 survey is correct, then more Brits see unrestricted travel / commence between Canada, Aust, NZ and the UK as better than with the EU.

11. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Listened to another good vid again on Realvison.

The guy being interviewed said that at best predictions about an imminent collapse can really only extend out in the 3 - 4 month range. he argued that that gives people plenty of time to sort out their finances.

The other thing he said is that you have to sieve the data into two piles, leading data eg truck sales and reacting lagging data eg unemployment.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
    sgbuyer likes this.
  12. TreasureHunter

With the corona virus outbreak, things are getting even more complicated. We all understand where this could lead.

South Korea now bans people from hoarding medical masks.

There are more people sick than are accounted for.
    I'm sure there are "pockets" of infected areas/groups of people in China/Asia, but possibly as far away as Europe, North America and Australia. Some airports have thermal cameras and they can detect people with fever. One case was reported yesterday, when a Chinese women was quarantined at Budapest's airport (apparently, the thermal camera had detected her fever).

13. alor

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
  14. TreasureHunter

Masks and disinfectant substances, such as hand sanitizers are nearly sold out in many bit European cities.

sgbuyer likes this.
  15. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Europe is slower. Masks (P2/N95), medical grade surgical masks and hand sanitizers in Singapore were gone even on the 23rd Jan when I started looking for them.

I only managed to grab hold of some hand sanitizers in pharmacy in an obscure location. At that time, I felt like a fool buying them. They were also selling some cartoon face masks (not medical grade) but I passed those. It is still possible to get white pollution masks even now, but those are practically useless against the virus.

By the way, I saw some reports on how Danes and some other europeans are returning from Wuhan without even being screened or quarantined. This is really crazy.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
  16. TreasureHunter

^
    The N95 and P2 are intended for single use, correct? I'd be amazed if there were a mask in which you wouldn't have to change anything (e.g. filters) after having used it once.

I bought mere cloth masks (the simplest masks with rubber straps holding it to the ears). Yes, I think these are rather weak against viruses.
    Most other masks are sold out.

There are masks that promise to protect "against particles", such as the 3M-9312. This mask, for instance is also said to be used in medicine, agriculture... not sure if effective against viruses.

Danes are not being quarantined? This is madness.

I heard that in Hungary they bring everyone who returned from China (not necessarily Wuhan) for a 14-week quarantine to a hospital, where they'll be monitored etc.

17. alor

may be Danes all negative

18. TreasureHunter

How would they know?

Apparently, an infected person might not have any symptoms for as long as 2 weeks. Normally, they should undergo testing. And I think it's a good idea to quarantine them for 2 weeks.

19. alor

may be they just know, it's their body
    for reasons that we cannot explain
    keeping in isolation is just prevention of possible spread
    hope they all are ok

20. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

There has been cases where children never had symptom but still carry the virus.

I just saw a video where a person claims his dad only had a slight fever of just over 37C for a week before succumbing from pneumonia.

A lot of people think it is flu but it is a alien virus so for a fever to happen, the body must first know there is an infection. So having a high fever might not be a bad thing.