$46 USD

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Stedlar, Apr 21, 2011.

1. atsaki

atsaki New Member

This has been a schizophrenic affair of dualistic emotions. It's kind of weird. The $40s so far have been a little unemotional for me, actually not unemotional, just weird. I remember the excitement of breaking $35, $36, $37, etc.. Many other SS have noted this too.

Are the rest of you happy, sad, indifferent, fearful....?

On that note, LET"S GO $50!

2. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

I'm sad...I wish it stayed around 35-40 so I could stockpile up before it shoots to the moon

Hope it doesn't go to 50 over easter...would be so cut LOL

3. jnkmbx

jnkmbx Well-Known Member

I felt that with my first gf.

But in regards to silver, I'm currently hoping it will stay at around $45-$46 at least until my last order which I paid in advance is locked in.
    My SS mood: Uneasy

4. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

definately fearful too far too soon if you ask me & i know im not the only one you just have to look at the sale threads lots of people taking a bit of profit

5. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

bloody hell look at her go :) . Makes me more then a tad nervous, time to check the BOBs :(

6. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

bloody heck even with the strong dollar we have made 10% in less than a week

7. CriticalSilver

CriticalSilver New Member Silver Stacker

Just finished up working and see spot at $45.95 and the USD index tanking below 74. This is amazing stuff!

Maybe this is it for the USD.

8. Silverrider

Silverrider Active Member

yes hard to go to work each day...can't stop thinkng about SILVER.....what we ars seeing is parabolic somewhat....seems to be moving in $1 amounts ...hmm bank account or silver purchase 6 months ago...well i'll take the 80% gain in silver over bank interest rates any day good to see comparison over last 6 months on say $10,000 deposited in bank account compared to silver...

9. benjamind2010

benjamind2010 New Member

Gee, you can say that again!

The only concern here is if the pullback turns into a correction that then precedes a crash, and this process takes the spot price back down to say 30, maybe 25, possibly even back down to 20/oz?

Think about it...Oil...2008... I've seen speculators go nuts over a particular trade, and considering their dollars are burning a hole in their pocket (literally this time) they want to get a piece of the action. Could it be just that this particular time that piece of action is the silver market? Many investors I've been speaking to over the past week or so share this view, while others say that the USD is definitely about to collapse.

The only problem I have now is deciding which road to take, it's like coming to an intersection, and every alternate direction you take feels like very dangerous territory. You don't know where to turn to, you are as confused as a bird in a box, and don't really know where the real money will soon be heading into. Seriously, I'm starting to FREAK OUT big time.

It's such a dangerous game. I think it is just better for me to close my short S&P500 position, convert the USD back into AUD, accept the 10% loss in the position and a further 10% in the USD devaluation, and just accept it, and concentrate on getting my debt down to zero. If I liquidate my position now it will cut me down to about $6.5k of debt from the current $10.5k, so not long to go before it's paid out in full by Xmas this year, with a paydown of around $1000/month it should be gone before then.

Then once the debt is cleared, I can then concentrate on what the market is doing at the time, and if I can see there is a position ripe for the picking, I can use my credit line to take advantage of that position, which this time will be with a much bigger capital outlay ($15k).

I've been advised of the possibility that ZSL (ProShares UltraShort Silver) is a safe bet if the silver price starts to seriously crash, or perhaps even consider some conservative put options on AGQ ProShares Ultra Silver.

If silver does pip $50/oz and then begins to seriously retrace those movements and looks like it's heading back down into the 30 range, then wouldn't that be a good time to short it for all it's worth? I have an acquaintance in the USA who plans to do precisely this.

Silver may not necessarily be in it's BIG run-up. Look, I mean seriously why haven't silver stocks overpowered the % increases in the spot price. If silver was in a true run-up, wouldn't silver stocks be doing to the silver spot in % terms what silver spot is doing to gold right now in % terms? I still believe that it'll be 2013-2015 that we'll see the TRULY explosive run-up in the precious metals, and an even MORE explosive run-up in related stocks (GDX, GDXJ, SIL, and assorted equities).

Yes, silver has a date with $100, $200, $500 and perhaps EVEN $1000/oz. I'm not even going to debate that possibility because the USD is truly flapped, but I do believe that right now the USD is poised for the mother of all counter rallies, and if the 2008 rally was anything to go by, this rally should be a powerful one that takes the dollar index back above 90 without any trouble and perhaps even retest it's 2001 high, providing arbitrage opportunities abound.

If it were me, a dollar collapse is something I wouldn't feel comfortable betting on right now. If we get a massive drop off in equities, say a repeat of May 6 2010 and perhaps even worse, do you think the USD is going to stay put? I doubt it will, and in such environment the AUD will collapse precipitously, and along with the AUD, so will silver, oil, copper, most commodities and pretty much anything that isn't highly liquid.

Yes, I can indeed see silver at half it's current spot price within 12 months. No, I won't place any bets on that and so won't be shorting it, but I'm also not shorting the USD either, because both are extremely risky propositions right now. Feels like I'm in the center of a flapping death cross. Dunno what to do. Feel scared, and don't want to end up getting further into debt by placing silly bets.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

The U.S $ is dust , it just doesn't know it yet. It was basically decided upon a fortnight or so ago at Bretton Woods II. It's days as the global reserve are numbered .

11. Ernster

Ernster New Member

We are back to $46....expect fireworks by the end of the night.

12. Silverrider

I really don't think SILVER will crash...Everything feels different this time...I think this is the start of something BIG...Bigger than anyone could ever imagine..

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Someone hit the turbo button just then ?

14. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, just punched through to $46.12

15. kram

kram New Member

USD just broke through the 2009 low?

16. intelligencer

intelligencer Active Member

Nah... wait it out. Deflation is just around the corner and the USD is just in a bear trap. Watch it soar and silver crash. Ignore silver, it's in a bubble and overdue for a crash.

Get out of metals and into the USD. Forget silver which you'll be able to buy for peanuts soon. Don't get swept up in the mania.

Remind you of something ;)

17. Silverrider

Exactly 2 years ago SILVER was 12.14 oz

18. gbickle

gbickle Member

A lot of people are calling for a correction... but maybe this is the correction ... the correction to the upside as it breaks free from its artificially manipulated low and back to a "fair" 15:1 ratio.. ?

and we are just about to see 1kg of silver cost the same as 1oz of gold.... not much of a milestone, but still...

19. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

$200/oz

20. Atomic79

Atomic79 New Member

I ended up buying silver...from the bullionmark website which I love!!!...

The main reason was due to the difficulties getting silver at the moment with lots of stuff being sold out...e.g., perth mint 1kgs. I do feel pretty yuk about paying $1484 per kg of PAMP silver and $1072 for a roll of 20 kookas. But...I figure the money is better invested in expensive silver than sitting as numbers on a screen in the bank account.

The cheapest silver I have purchased was about $17 per ounce...what a big difference in price in a very short space of time!

Next purchase might just have to be gold.