Queen's Beast: The White Lion Of Mortimer

Discussion in 'Silver' started by sctpc, Sep 10, 2019.

1. sctpc

sctpc Active Member

You will pay a lot to get the first coins of the collection, and you only have 4 more till it ends. As a Australian its now real hard to get as our Tax Office Shut the only Good importer down. I am collecting the last 3 but im forced to import them as I hope that they will be a rare full collection in Australia and then id get my money back but its more now I have most I cant stop my collection problem.

66rounds and Silverling like this.
  2. Calendyr

Calendyr Member

Ya, not planning to get the rest of them. If I see them for sale at normal bullion prices, sure I would get them but not if I have to pay extra. Was just curious if the one I have would get extra value over time because of it's collectable aspect. I will very likely get he next ones too when they become available, I like the design and the weight ;)

3. sctpc

sctpc Active Member

White Lion of Mortimer has been out for a few Months. Yes I will Buy the rest as I started the Collection No I would not buy them again at todays prices

4. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'm a fan of qb, I bought all the previous 10oz coins but have not bought the falcon as I don't like the gold design so I'm not sure how this will appear in silver. The price of silver has risen quite a lot from the time when I paid only about $180 for the dragons and griffins.

I’ve the gold white lion and I think it is very cool. The premium for gold is reasonable, much lower than silver but I don’t think there’s a lot to gain from numismatic value so late in the series and with gold now getting really expensive. Imagine if gold were to rise to $2k.... Even Low premium bullion will be incredibly expensive at that price.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
    66rounds likes this.
  5. mongrelmaple

mongrelmaple Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I know the feeling! I remember when I first started stacking (around the time the dragon was just released) and I was able to buy the first few coins in the series by the tube at PB!

I’m currently sitting on 4 tubes of all the 2oz in the series, and will definitely be offloading a tube of each as full sets once completed. Looking forward to collecting some profit on that!

sctpc and Silverling like this.
  6. SteelHand

SteelHand Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Swan Bullion in Gosnells is currently importing the QB series, that's where I got my White Lion and the 10oz Falcon from. Just had a look and they currently have 5 White Lions and 1 10oz Falcon left

sctpc likes this.
  7. Calendyr

Calendyr Member

Have you guys found a reasonable place to purchase capsules for the 2on coins?

I recently purchased 41mm capsules on Amazon. 100 of them with foam inserts and a plastic box to hold them: 20$. So that's about 20 cents per capsule and a free box. (all canadian dollars prices)

For the 2 oz coins, the cheapest I have found was 1.50 US$ each+shipping, sounds crazy expensive to me.

Any suggestions?

8. sctpc

sctpc Active Member

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/10PCS-C...m41f274e5a5:g:D-QAAOSw3ItbNgdg&frcectupt=true

Calendyr likes this.
  9. Calendyr

Calendyr Member