New youtube channel, can you help?

Discussion in 'YouTube Digest' started by Calendyr, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Calendyr

Calendyr Member

Hello everyone. I just started a new youtube channel about precious metal investing.

I want to vlog my journey through the process as a new stacker and provide information at the same time.

I have watched probably 300 stacking videons from most of the youtubers in the last 2 months and I decided to jump in :)

Can you watch my first video and give me advice or comments about it? I probably suck compared to the other guys but quality comes with experience so what I want to know is what to improve and what to keep doing.

Here is the link for the first video:

Gresham's Law, GF and GoldenEye like this.
  2. Silverdale

Silverdale Active Member

Sure I'll have a look
    Good on you for having a go

3. STKR

STKR Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I've found that a lot of stackers watch videos on silver to justify and validate their investment into PMs.

If I were you, I'd direct my attention to providing information as to why silver is a good investment and how key changes in the economy, mining industry and global demand can impact the price. Sharing your opinion without having the credentials to back it up will only get you so far.

You mention that you have watched other stacking videos. I'd suggest you watch more videos with a pen and note pad, and write down what you liked and disliked about each video and your reasons why.
    Use this analysis to help you understand the direction you want to go in, the topics you want to cover and the ones you want to avoid.

You should be focusing on what people want to listen to rather than what you personally want to say and share. People searching for and/or subscribing to your channel only care about the value you can add to their lives and not the value you're adding to your own life via stacking. If looking to add subscribers you need to offer SOMETHING NEW OR DO SOMETHING BETTER!

A clear vision and a commitment to produce quality content is what is needed to do well in this game. If all you're wanting to achieve is to document your personal stacking experience, that's fine, but I wouldn't expect to attract a strong following by using this method.
    Quality Trump's quantity. Id much rather watch 1 quality video about silver than 10 average videos. Anyone can pick up a camera and talk about the silver they've acquired, but very few can present facts about the fundamentals and market drivers in an entertaining and informative manner.

I believe it's best to view your YouTube channel as business where 'information' is your product. The quality of your channel will depend on the quality of your product and how it is marketed and presented. I hope this is useful to you and good luck with your endeavours.

Boyscout, Gresham's Law and 66rounds like this.
  4. Silverling

Silverling Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Nearly 17 minutes is a bit long for me, I would cut the time down as I stopped watching after 6 minutes. Good luck though.

5. STKR

STKR Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I bet you'd have no problem watching the entire video if it was engaging, informative and/or entertaining.

6. Silverling

Silverling Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yes you are right!

7. 66rounds

66rounds Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Subbed. Looking forward to your content.

JOHNLGALT likes this.
  8. JOHNLGALT

JOHNLGALT Well-Known Member

Congratulations on getting your 20 POINTS, @66rounds to take you to the 'TOP OF THE CLASS'. _JOHNLGALT.

66rounds leads the pack.jpg

66rounds and madaw1 like this.
  9. Calendyr

Calendyr Member

STKR likes this.
  10. Calendyr

Calendyr Member

Yes, I had a few people tell me the same thing. Will work towards shortening the videos as much as I can.

The next one is a bit longer but it contains a lot of content, so hopefully people will not get bored ;)

For the non-guides videos, I will try to make it shorter.

STKR likes this.
  11. Calendyr

Calendyr Member

Great, feel free to comment in the videos directly. All information is good information ;)

STKR likes this.
  12. Oddjob

Oddjob Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I like the on screen details that appear for each bar / coin you are holding talking about, but sometimes the text gets lost in the background. Thus maybe have the details appear on screen in a box with white background / back text for ease of reading.

Also, ditch the rubber gloves and use some white cotton gloves. The rubber gloves make me think "serial killer"...:D

Keep on with the vids...good stuff.

13. Calendyr

Calendyr Member

Ok noted, I will get different gloves for the next one. I did put all the bullions inside capsules except for my Yale of Beaufort because it's too big, so I might not need them anymore ;) Will see.

I have noticed that sometimes the text was harder to read, I already have a plan in place for the next videos ;) Thanks!