Assassins MoP Series - Mintage 999

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by barsenault, May 30, 2019.

1. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

They sure are ramping up the presses...they’re getting the good while the good lasts. Lol. These look pretty nice.

Attached Files:

Silverbandit007 likes this.
  2. Trinkets

Trinkets Active Member

To make it even worse, there is actually a 999 mintage: apparently 500 were pre-sold outside of the coin market (maybe Assassins Creed fans or to Ubisoft - maybe some sort of collector's edition of the game, who knows). So not only is there going to be an overinflated price for the "extremely limited" 499 mintage of yet another first in a series, there will be another 500 floating around somewhere that a coin collector will have to contend with.

barsenault likes this.
  3. barsenault

Yeah, it’s 999 no matter how one slices it. I don’t care who has the other 500. It may disappear for awhile, but they’re out there. And they will flood the market at some point. That’s a fact! A great example of hoarding a ‘ton’ of supply is the ‘famous’ classical garden series from China. The prices on some of them were going to the moon. The mintages were low (200 - 399 - some of them even lower), and it was easy to control prices. It worked for a while...prices were climbing. Well, recently the hoard found it’s way into the market, and you can’t give those things away!! Again, the same will happen with the Poland Mint stuff. I know, I know, ‘this stuff is revolutionary technology; no one else is doing it, blah, blah, blah...’. And this is the reason they are justifying the high price for the MoP product...that works until it doesn’t, and that time is coming...when, is anybody’s guess...but it will come...that’s why it is VERY important that if you do hop onboard...unless you are an avid collector and care nothing about the investment element of these pieces, you better get the low intro price, or you will get a pole up the kiesta when you go to sell, thinking you’ll make money.

4. Trinkets

Trinkets Active Member

Amen to that.

They seem to keep upping their assembly line of releases. 'Assassins' is the first of two new series that have been announced this week, and they seem to be announcing at least one new series a month. Funny that they haven't mentioned how many in the Assassins series though, huh - hedging their bets maybe ;)

5. barsenault

'how many in a series...' That's one of the things that drives me nuts about these crazies. They should have a heartbeat on the market, and know enough by now, that you don't create more than 5 in a series. MAX!!!! I'm not sure why these guys/gals are out to lunch on this fundamental aspect of creating a series. We've seen one after another fold their series (10 stock horses, 10 legends, etc...) because they think they have a staying power series. I hope the sponsors and mints are reading these words...YOU ARE OUT TO LUNCH!!!

If you haven't learned by now that most collectible series (highly priced), fail or slow down considerably after 5, you don't understand the marketplace. The Lunar Series (anything lunar) doesn't count, because there are 12 Lunars...but even they understand that they need to call it, 'Lunar Series 1 and 2 and 3, etc...' Why the sponsors/mints haven't figured this out is beyond me...they can always go back and create Assassins #2, 3, 4, etc...to leave it open ended, drives me batty...and yes, they are hedging...if it takes off, 'then let's do 100 different variations. If it bombs, then let's make it a one off....' Cowards. :mad:

If they're really that unsure, then do 'Top 3 or Top 5' . Anyway, I will never be a collector of the Poland Mint stuff, because they never tell you how many they are doing...I think Titans and Hercules have a number...but most others do NOT.

And Coinshoppe has them for $245.00. The intro prices are coming down. Lol. Granted, the mintage is higher, but of course 500 are taken off the market (according to agaunews - see below). If that's the case, these should pop like hotcakes. I'm starting to wonder if the Poland mint is seeing what we are seeing (Trinkets and me): "We better come down in price if we expect to move these on the secondary market."

These pieces will probably not be popular in the west due to the 'Islamic theme.'

https://thecoinshoppe.ca/product/ni...antique-finish-gold-gilding-mint-poland-niue/

https://agaunews.com/didnt-see-that-coming-did-ya/
    "While the mintage is set at 999 pieces, we’re being told that 500 were pre-sold outside of the coin market, so we’re back to just 499 for general sale. Hard to see this coin as anything other than a hit. The subject is a rare one on coins, the design is exemplary, and the finished strike will likely put it in the top tier with its counterparts. Shipping in early September, the coin is being distributed by the Mint of Gdansk, but will likely be available in all the usual places. As we normally try to do, we’ll revisit when we get actual coin images."

Last edited: May 30, 2019
  6. barsenault

kutylin likes this.
  7. cracka stacka

cracka stacka Member

nice coin

Last edited: May 31, 2019
  8. barsenault

Cool. Can you post a picture from of a silver coin from the Franklin Mint here so we can do a comparison. Thanks.

9. cracka stacka

cracka stacka Member

Oh nvm , I had my mints mixed up.

Last edited: May 31, 2019
  10. kutylin

kutylin Active Member

Yes, a coin looks nice in hands. In good hands ;) 0NMDiuZMTOI.jpg 1ligMzvB-Ho.jpg HsjyEDMqAJw.jpg u21UTRPRzKA.jpg aFLmJj46oXo.jpg 88ObyqvnEsk.jpg

Ad1, 66rounds and barsenault like this.
  11. barsenault

Very nice indeed.

kutylin likes this.
  12. johnnyhann

johnnyhann Active Member Silver Stacker

awesome coin. I almost pulled the trigger on this one but the wait time really killed it for me - didn't want to part with 200++USD for 3++ months without anything to show for it