2020 Collapse

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by TreasureHunter, Dec 8, 2019.

1. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

The "collapse" expression goes mainstream.
    Around 2 years ago I noticed the mainstream media explicitly talking about a "next economic crisis" coming, but now many speak of "collapse". Notice the word "collapse" spreading. You will hear it more and more in mainstream media.

It's grim.

The Guardian - it's quite mainstream, considering the profusion of liberal material they publish:
    https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/jan/05/global-economic-crash-2020-understand-why

I can recall one of my bosses seriously upset, saying "the crisis is coming, is it coming now or when is it coming?". He was the "numb" type who caught something in mainstream media (99 % of people won't even notice the sun rising or the rain falling unless they hear about it in mainstream media).

So, the guy was seriously thinking not to make new hires and even "tightened the belt" on many of us. The guy literally freaked out. And he passed it on to many others. Yes, he was one of the owners of the business and became literally paranoid about the possibility of a crisis.

Mainstream media will cause the PANIC and HYSTERIA, "needed" to collapse stock markets, to slow down sales and re-write consume behaviour... and potentially collapse entire economies.

Apart from previous years, I really see 2020 highly likely to bring a severe economic crisis.

If the masses lose faith, if they "learn" from mass media that they "should behave" as if "the apocalypse was coming", then it will happen. Worrying, indeed.

2. 66rounds

66rounds Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I have noticed that whilst most media are starting to announce a coming crisis, American and Australian media are keeping the party going and ignoring it all. Seems like we will be getting the short end of the stick this time around

3. GoldenEye

GoldenEye Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

My top source rumour is it'll start before this Christmas and maybe even this week. :( :(. As a precaution I'm heading to the bank to get some cash today.

TreasureHunter, Agnostic and 66rounds like this.
  4. 66rounds

66rounds Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Better get a bit more gold this week then, and convert all my unallocated to physical

JS1880 and sgbuyer like this.
  5. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

We'll probably break records here next week but who knows after that. It will work until it doesnt.

66rounds likes this.
  6. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

That's a really poor article. CBs are not going to lift rates (at least in any significant way) and the mountains of government debt are unimportant. I highly doubt there is going to be a collapse in 2020, a recession maybe, but not a collapse. I wouldn't be making any financial decisions or economic predictions based on the content of that piece.

Silver260 and Shaddam IV like this.
  7. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Great article identifying where we are at the moment, however it always amazes me as to how the system can just keep kicking the can along the road without consequences. I expect it will stop some day, and at the risk of mixing metaphors, when the music stops, you do not want to be left without a chair.

My rules are simple, always have:
    Full tank of fuel,
    food,
    cash, and
    metals.

I do tend to empty all my accounts during international public holidays like Christmas and Easter, other than that, I'm always prepared without it being a big thing in my life.

adze67, Silver260, Shaddam IV and 2 others like this.
  8. GoldenEye

GoldenEye Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Don't forget the meds, and alcohol. Also, get your cash first as all those banks could close in a flash!!

TreasureHunter and jultorsk like this.
  9. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The Guardian is staffed by a bunch of part-time night-worker loser university students doing dumb ideology courses ending in the word "studies" whose professor's cardigans stink of cat piss.

The only thing that is going to collapse in 2020 is the Democrat Party and it's media whores.

adze67, jnkmbx, Ag bullet and 2 others like this.
  10. betterinvestmentthanshare

betterinvestmentthanshare Active Member

The missus is "guessing" june/july 2020 when shyt starts to hit the fan. Why? tax time after a more fragile year of companies cooking the books to boost share price and the beginning of mass baby boomer retirement (beginning of market investment sell off with no buyers)
    She's an economist.

11. JohnnyBravo300

Good points there.

12. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

What's her opinion of MMT?

precious roar likes this.
  13. Oddjob

Oddjob Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Also remember, early January each year is when the banks stick the knife into struggling businesses that are on the edge and owe $ to the banks. Let the business collect the Xmas spend, then send in the receiver quick smart and grab it all.

14. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I think the collapse is already in progress in Asia, starting with Hong Kong. The property market in Singapore has slowed down considerably this year, of course, due to anti-speculation curbs but also the general economic uncertainty and slowdown. I read that NYC property has gone bad. Only the dot com 2.0 bubble is still barely inflated but with signs of cracking recently - Softbank. In the meantime, inflation is still going up - it has to in order to pay off the debt load.

The biggest bubble in my opinion is the mark to market values for assets and property in China and India. These look nice on the books as long as there is no financial crisis. If there were a financial crisis of any sort in the region, and investors start to ask for redemption and then it is discovered that there are no buyers or the cash cannot be taken out of the country. ;)

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  15. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I really like Rudiger Dornbusch's quote:

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought".

16. TreasureHunter

Either way, we're going to get the short end. :p

It's rather the European (and some American) sources that are "pumping" news about a crisis coming.

People don't understand where crises come from, "how they're made" :D All they know if to listen to the mainstream media and act upon whatever they're told.
    It's like weather forecasts! o_O

DrJamous and 66rounds like this.
  17. TreasureHunter

Mainstream media's articles are 99% poor. They're blog-like quotes-upon-quotes filled with cliches and "easy to digest" material for semi-intellectuals.

What's interesting the theyword: "COLLAPSE". And now the dumbed masses have learned a new word.

STKR and DrJamous like this.
  18. TreasureHunter

I noticed long ago that their articles are rather ordered & paid for. Propaganda.

Shaddam IV and 66rounds like this.
  19. TreasureHunter

Major slowdowns are happening in Europe. The Germany economy if slowing down and it will probably drag down a bunch of interconnected Central European and neighboring economies (where German companies have major production facilities): Hungary, Austria, Czech Republic, Slovakia... some of them too are experiencing slowdown as German orders are sinking.

A nice number of German car factories are found in nearby Central European countries (especially countries of the V4 Group):
    - Czech manufacturer Skoda is owned by Volkswagen
    - Hungary has Mercedes, Audi and Open factories, while a BMW factory is under construction in Debrecen
    - Slovakia is hosting a new Volkswagen factory

Not to mention a bunch of banks, investment firms, various industrial facilities scattered in the Central European region.

sgbuyer likes this.
  20. JohnnyBravo300

Germany is officially in recession. Im sure many others are close.
    The US economy has been shrinking but not official "yet".
    Manufacturing is almost dead and jobs numbers are abysmal.
    More layoffs and closing businesses everyday here.

They cut off our heads to tie a tourniquet around our necks.