Prelude to a Financial Meltdown

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by valuecreator, Nov 4, 2019.

1. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

They overlap at every recession. The climate never stops changing and never has stopped. Climate change is part of a living planet's natural cycles and will continue forever.

One thing they have in common, they are both human engineered drama.

66rounds likes this.
  2. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

3. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Practically everyone wants the dollar to collapse. Even Americans want so that the US will not continue to get into useless wars. Donald Trump definitely wants the dollar to fall so American manufacturing jobs can come back.

But what no one tells Putin is that regardless of what happens to the dollar, the price of oil will continue to fall to zero in the next 20-30 years. Renewables will eventually replace oil and gas.

66rounds and mmm....shiney! like this.
  4. TreasureHunter

If Trump wants the collapse of the dollar, he should prepare for an Orwellian police state. "Escape from New York" illustrates what that would look like, buy let's hope not.

Hope dies last. Even the dollar dies before.

lucky luke likes this.
  5. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Trump doesnt want a total collapse of the dollar. Massive QE and fiat printing is all he has at this point and hes desperate. Math is too complicated for his tiny short sighted brain.
    He wants a weakened dollar and a bubble stock market so he can say he did something even if hes doing nothing.
    Why do you think he keeps crying to the fed about printing more money and lowering rates? Puppet boy is doing what hes told and he doesnt have a clue.

66rounds likes this.
  6. TreasureHunter

Trump doesn't have the courage to trump the Fed. So instead, he's dancing to their music.

JohnnyBravo300 likes this.
  7. sgbuyer

8. Slimey

Slimey Well-Known Member

There is only one shining light in this mess. The U.S. dollar is higher now than it has been for a long time. It is showing strength for many good reasons. Gold is also a proxy for the dollar at the moment, not yet the safe haven alone.
    The U.S. controls world monetary policy, we just don’t truly appreciate it. When the big banks are dying, who will they turn to? All will turn to the U.S.. Europe will have to beg the U.S. for assistance to ensure U.S. policy does not conflict with their own.

9. Silver260

Silver260 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'm calling that the USD will receive a serious beating by the end of the year. And the inverse relationship between gold and the USD will be restored.

But we'll see.....

sgbuyer likes this.
  10. sgbuyer

The USD always goes up in a flight to safety so if the stock market rebounds, the USD will fall back. I thought the stock market will remain buoyant due to the Nov elections so I cashed out of my USD gradually over the last half year and converted all of them into gold. I was still getting over 2% interest on my usd deposits at that time.

Gold is still cheap in USD but no longer cheap in other currencies as compared to 3 months ago.

If the stock market continues falling and gold rises, I might sell some gold to put into stocks.

Silver260 likes this.