Who knows how the Australian lunar Dog 2018 with Chinese privy looks like

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Dutch Silver Bullion Collector, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Dutch Silver Bullion Collector

Dutch Silver Bullion Collector Member

In the mintages of the Perth Mint of the lunar privy coins in the year 2018 there are two different privy coin minted. The 1oz Australian Lunar Dog Coin with Lion Privy in a mintage of 30,000 sales 29,304 is well known.

And a 1oz Australian Lunar Dog 1oz Silver Bullion Coin with Chinese Privy also in a mintage 30,000 sales 16,796. This last coin i have never seen, and can not find it anywhere on internet. Does anybody know this coin? How does it look like and where can you buy them?

https://www.perthmint.com/documents/Bullion/The Australian Silver Bu Privy Coin 2011 to 2019.pdf

2. jultorsk

jultorsk Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

3. Dutch Silver Bullion Collector

Dutch Silver Bullion Collector Member

Thanks for the picture, who knows where i can buy one, strange they are that rare with the same mintage of 30.000 of the lion privy coin?

4. jultorsk

jultorsk Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The privy is "Wang" (prosperity?) - some specimens seem to be available on eBay (search: 2018-P Australia Year of Dog 1 oz Silver Lunar Wang Privy).

5. Soprano16

Soprano16 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

As far as I understand it, all the Chinese privy mark coins are only made for and sent to China - so it's only people in China buying them (sales numbers refer to that) and then some of them make their way to the secondary market (eBay etc)

I'm surprised they continue to make these coins - the numbers suggest the Chinese don't really want them, and they don't sell them anywhere else