sale s1 lunar proof gold set and coloured rooster gold

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand (Public)' started by Beyond, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Beyond

Beyond Well-Known Member

2005 1/20 rooster coloured anda coin show with coa box,160$

s1 proof 3pc gold set,dragon monkey rabbit horse rooster,no low ball offers,

2. Beyond

Beyond Well-Known Member

pics

Attached Files:

3. Beyond

Beyond Well-Known Member

rooster

Attached Files:

4. Beyond

Beyond Well-Known Member

dragon set i sold in ss 3800 few month ago
    now 3900$
    other sets 3800$
    proof rare,but i know difficult to sell in here,,bullion is more easy

horse set sold pending

5. Beyond

Beyond Well-Known Member

my ebay just sold dragon 5500$
    im think about it cos scare scammer (low feedback),they always play game receive empty parcel or return to u by empty parcel,

6. Beyond

Beyond Well-Known Member

by mp

7. Ryurazu

Ryurazu Active Member

You should stipulate that no returns allow unless proof of purchase, and only when the item is returned in Original condition and with a restocking fee! So that way you can protect your self, since ebay charges you 10% plus PayPal (including mail)charges 2.5% I think.

8. Beyond

Beyond Well-Known Member

ebay only protect buyer,whatever seller write more details for return or no,still refund to buyer,i did ebay 25years ,even u take video when u open return parcel and see empty inside,still useless,unless police office accept ur case,

i bingo,the buyer is liar,he said already paid,funny,never got any emails from paypal and ebay

66rounds likes this.
  9. Mint Silver Coins

Mint Silver Coins Well-Known Member

Beyond, Hi, yes I have a few horror stories myself from selling on Ebay, I've also had buyers try to do the same, saying I have paid you ... so I took printscreens of my netbank transactions (not showing my account number) and was able to prove they did not pay via DD or via PP.

I once got caught by that (when I first started selling on Ebay) and posted it ... I learnt a lesson there ... on your sold page just click on view paypal transaction to confirm. It also helps to message the buyer and say that no payment is showing in either paypal or your bank account so they need to contact whoever they paid by ... to get confirmation on why it failed ... if they persist, tell them that you have made a complaint to ebay that no payment has been made and the buyer is trying to defraud you by clicking in their purchase history item paid for (via DD) ... you need to click it in your sold history as "unpaid" and then click "report item as unpaid" to reclaim your fees

the most effective thing I have found to do with uber dodgy buyers is contact the buyer direct by email.
    If you click on view paypal transaction, then in paypal click on refund buyer ... it will show you an email address ... (it is a double click confirmation to refund, so clicking just once to get the email address won't process the refund).

You should also go to your account settings ... then manage postage settings and then click yes for "always ask buyers for phone number" ... this way the phone number will show up with the address on the ship to invoice.

I kept all these details on an excel spreadsheet (as paypal has a 180 day limit that the buyers can try to defraud you by)
    eg: if you copy a buyer user name into excel, it will create a link that you can click on in the future and it will still take you direct to the buyer on Ebay as you know Ebay ditch all your records every 3 months ... (you can also save favourite seller name links in this manner)

You can also block buyers and set minimum requirements to buy from you eg: X number of feedbacks ... in your account settings > site preferences > block bidder > buyer requirements

Anyway ... what I would always do in tricky situations ... is email the buyer with proof of contents of the package, and say you will be handing these pictures/video over as evidence ... I learnt to always take pics (especially if more than 1 coin is on the same order) (or if you post 2 separate transaction orders together and they say there was only 1 coin and 1 tracking number) (or if it was particularly valuable) and many other examples ... remember to always take the pic next to the actual envelope/package showing the name, address and tracking number label alongside the coin/s ... so you have proof that 2 or more coins were posted in the same envelope.

It also helps if you attach this photo to a Ebay message ... on the day you post it ... saying Hi, your item has been posted and here's the tracking number ... its a non-confrontational way of saying ... in-case you are thinking about defrauding me, I already have proof ... so don't try it LOL

If they put in a claim for "item does not seem genuine" ... and ebay are going to force you to except a fake back (because the buyer is gonna do a switcharoo) email the buyer this

https://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/crime-types/counterfeit-currency

and tell the buyer (in a carefully worded way) they can either close the false case against you, or the minute you receive the switcheroo coin back, you will be contacting the federal police to investigate them and that you have provide their contact details ... and write their home address including phone number, on the email to make them worry the AFP could come a knocking ... and tell them that counterfeit currency fraud is a very serious offence (especially if it is legal-tender coin/s). Bluff them that if the case is not closed before the deadline, you will have no option other to to seek to have them prosecuted by the AFP. That is usually effective

This Federal Police page is usually enough to scare them for any general situation, eg. (CC charge back / theft) or if they sent back an empty package, tell them you are going to hand the evidence/photos/video over to the Federal Police and that currency fraud is very serious offence or for CC charge back tell them you will provide the evidence to the AFP that they are not only committing a fraud in legal tender / precious metals ... AND will provide evidence, that they are also attempting to commit bank fraud LOL

There are other another couple of official pages I use, I will try and hunt them down for you, when I have time and will paste them here ... perhaps I should write this up as a forum article to help other sellers to.

As you know, sellers have no rights on Ebay, I always used to put 30 days returns on my listings ... as Ebay are going to ping you on the 30 day return away ... so it doesn't matter if the seller clicks on no returns excepted ... and put on your listing ... Aust. Consumer Protection laws apply - eg. item not as described, damaged, defective, not fit for purpose etc. ... but always make sure to add in bolded letters ... (to protect the integrity of my precious metals stocks ... CHANGE OF MIND RETURNS CAN NOT ACCEPTED) ... please take the time to choose carefully before bidding or buying

The only times that fraudulent buyers have no rights of return on Ebay/Paypal is if they've paid by direct bank deposit ... but then not many fraudsters would pay by DD unless trying on, with a ... but I did pay you scam

You should never post to other addresses (beside the registered one) ...
    if this happens and the customers asks for you to post it to a different address, tell the customer that they will need to change the address on Ebay before you can post it ... as it is an Ebay seller policy (bluff) well it is if you want even the "veil" of seller protection LOL that would be funny if it wasn't so wrong ... as we all know Sellers have no protection.

You also have to be careful of the creditcard charge backs by paypal ... a liar buyer will say I did not authorize this purchase, and ask their bank to do a charge back and then the bank tries to claw it back from paypal ... (who will put a hold for the amount, on your account, while the dispute is settled) ... in this case you need to contact Ebay to confirm that the customers registered Ebay Name and address is the same one you posted to ...

you can then use the send to address as prove to paypal (via the paypal dispute) that it "was" posted to the customers registered address, tracking shows it was delivered to that address, so the dispute should be closed ... or say the only way you are willing to refund is if the same genuine coin is returned ... if the customer accepts to return the coin ... BAM ... you have caught them red handed lying ...as wasn't the false charge back, because they never ordered it? LOL ... you then just say that proves the buyer has the coin, I have lost all faith in this fraudulent buyer and so I withdraw my offer to allow return for refund, in-case the buyer sends back an empty package. And paypal will close the dispute in your favour.

Also check that the paypal post to address is the same as the Ebay post to address ... if any discrepancy get them to confirm it in writing via Ebay messages, this way you can ask the escalations teams to read through yours and their messages of the thread

you can also look through their buyer feedback (for if they order other coins) ... or if it is set to private ... you can ask Ebay to look through their purchase history to see if they regularly buy coins ... If they have previously bought a coin from you, you can use that to confirm to paypal, that the buyer is just trying it on, as you have posted there before, and tracking shows delivered ... I have had Paypal find in my favour on this

infact I have never actually lost a dispute (just that one package I sent to without it really being paid for and a $70 coin because Aust Post didn't scan it and lost it ... if the buyer wasn't a repeat customer, I would have though he was a smart scammer ... checking the Aust. Post Tracking number site and if it still shows "as pending" they put in a I didn't get my item claim ... and there is nothing you can do about it other than ask escalation to contact Aust. Post

If you have a prob with the item is showing as pending / not delivered / missing ... you can ask the escalations team to contact Aust. Post ... Aust Post bend over backwards for Ebay and from experience within a couple of days the tracking showing it has been delivered has been uploaded, as they find the item quick smart and get it delivered (Aust Post sometime gets huge backlogs due to they have excess deliveries, which get put back on the shelf at the end of the run)

anyway if you have any other questions of how to outsmart dodgy buyers, please just ask :)

pi, NaturesProphet, Radio8tiv and 6 others like this.
  10. Beyond

Beyond Well-Known Member

thank u very mu ch

Mint Silver Coins likes this.
  11. bubblebobble2

bubblebobble2 Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Hey mate... can't see the monkey in your pic collection...

12. Beyond

Beyond Well-Known Member

last pics monkey with rabbit
    i didnt take clearly,lazy

13. Beyond

Beyond Well-Known Member

bump

ps:dragon set sold to scam, I cancelled
    And refunded. But he still
    Open PayPal case chargeback. He did same shit on many sellers.

14. bubblebobble2

bubblebobble2 Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

so'right mate.. I'd say PayPal will be on your side on this one..

15. Beyond

Beyond Well-Known Member

for my thinking its didnt allow open case

its not paypal make decision

16. Beyond

Beyond Well-Known Member

rabbit sold

17. Beyond

Beyond Well-Known Member

rabbit again

all break up set also ok

18. Ivykoin

Ivykoin Active Member Silver Stacker

Whats left in 1/4oz & 1/2oz and asking price please.

Thanks

19. Beyond

Beyond Well-Known Member

proof 1/4 for 96-00 02 04 05

20. dragafem

dragafem Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

and prices?