Will People buy 100oz bars when the price climbs???

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Shol'va, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Shol'va

Shol'va New Member

Hey guys,

I've recently ground up some money and been looking at adding to my (small/noobish stack) :p

Anyway... I was looking at these 100 oz bars and thought it could be a nice source for my stack but then I was talking to my brother and he said "It's all well and good, but when the price gets higher it'll be hard to sell such a big chunk" for eg if silver hits $100 thats a $10k block... And I hadn't actually thought about this? Is that the case? Will anyone be buying $10k bars of silver??

be nice :)

2. Savige Silver

Savige Silver New Member

It will only be $100 per oz if people want it so of course they will buy it. A plus to 100 oz bars is the premium is very low so you get more silver for your money

3. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

People buy 1kg gold bars via this forum - that's $45k a pop.

Bigger dealers will always buy larger bars - even 1000oz bars.

4. THUCYDIDES79

THUCYDIDES79 New Member Silver Stacker

Welcome to the Forum

So a small/nubish stack !

id recommend buying 100 oz bars only if you already own at least another 100 oz in smaller denominations.

No need to ever expose yourself like a tourist who is in some small village in the Himalayas and only has the 500 Euros banknotes
    in his wallet ?!

So if your thinking going big, all ok as long as you have the small as well.

imo

5. hem9

hem9 Active Member Silver Stacker

yup if the price is right there will always be a buyer

6. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

if not you knock it down to saleable pieces

7. Shol'va

Shol'va New Member

yeah well my noobish stack is ~100 oz so will be doubling basically :p and awesome response haha I left came back and expected no replies yet haha xD

8. Precious50

Precious50 New Member

Shol'va,

Hi, I reckon the 100oz bars are THE sweet spot. I was fortunate enough when silver was $20 - $24 to see the light on this and packed heaps of these away with ferocity. I would have no qualms about continuing to buy them if you believe silver is still a good investment/insurance strategy. The 100oz size is most assuredly the best value - bar none (pun intended!) Selling back to dealers will be fairly easy, even at $50 - $100 per oz. Even some stackers here can afford to take them off your hands - there are some wealthy stackers here you'll find out! Everything is relative and silver is set to become even more popular as gold becomes perceived as too expensive. Everything we read confirms Joe Average isn't anywhere near clued up on PM's yet - let alone invested. There's so much more growth to happen yet it is laughable!!

Yep - pile into your 100oz bars - with both hands as they love to say! They're a lovely size. BTW you may like to check out the 15 pack of stackable PAMP 1kg bars Bullionmark currently has. Excellent price per ounce too.

Cheers, Precious50.

9. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

10. Shol'va

Shol'va New Member

Thanks for all the advice guys :) really appreciate it :) message has gone through :p <3 Spotmex seems I'll be getting 100oz bar for spot +1% which at my post was $4109 + postage xD! happy days ^_^

11. unfunkable

unfunkable Active Member

Becareful
    i saw that before as well
    it shows spot, but when you click on it it showed me a much higher price :(

12. Shol'va

Shol'va New Member

Yes once again I will help someone out :p the price shown after clicking doesn't have the usual AUD/USD

its a minor bug ive noticed with the new website so its understandable... anyway point is the price u see is in USD so if you go ahead an convert it you'll see how sexy the site can be :p I know this is for sure because I've already bought this bar and contacted the seller and previously made the purchase for my younger brother :)

Hope this puts u back in love with Spotmex haha I think its about time something like this came around! Sick of people selling so far above spot for things other than premium.... If they want more $ they should wait for the price to go up... It's weird how it became the other way around :S whats the point of having spot price if its not really the price haha crazy logic :p