Star Wars – Darth Vader™Helmet Ultra High Relief 2oz Silver Coin

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Silverman99, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Silverman99

Silverman99 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

New coin released by NZM check this out Darth Vader fans

https://www.nzmint.com/star-wars/da...-84031911&mc_cid=dd54879f4b&mc_eid=dddc0f629a

Ultra High Relief 2oz pure silver coin replicates Darth VaderTM’s helmet, from Star Wars: Return of the Jedi, in stunning detail. Unlike most collectible coins, this one follows the shape of the intimidating helmet and uses an Ultra High Relief Minting technique to add more depth to the design. Impressive. Most impressive!

The coin is nestled in black velvet inside a high-quality Star Wars branded coin case – perfectly angled to display the 3D aesthetic of the coin. The stylised Certificate of Authenticity also sits within the coin case. Along with the Star Wars themed outer box, this coin truly is a unique collector’s item.

Only 5,000 of these special coins will be produced, so it would be wise to lower your defences and order one soon!

Jislizard likes this.
  2. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Nice! I don't need one of course but I look forward to the Stormtrooper helmet (Which I also do not need!)

3. Silverman99

Silverman99 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Go on I know you really want a couple

4. SlyGuy

SlyGuy Active Member

For $200, why wouldn't somebody just spend $40 for two ounces of silver, get a $100 darth vader statue or action figure or mask or lightsaber or movie set or painting or whatever, and have $60 left over in their pocket for a fun night out (or 3oz more silver)?

A $200 silver 2oz imprint of darth vader that will tarnish and tone, can't even be handled seems and only has a miniscule pool of future buyers seems a bit silly to me.

Maybe I'm dumb, but I don't see the allure of mixing collectibles with commodity?