The Multifaceted Wolf Head coin (pushing the limits)

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by barsenault, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Trinkets

Trinkets Active Member

Spotting/blemishes in general occur on all RCM coins (pre-2018), just more common on bullion. I own some older RCM collectible coins but haven't experienced any spotting (the last time I checked). If you look online on other forums you will see people talk about blemishes on their non-bullion RCM coins. Here's one example from another site that I kept because it was an interesting story if you haven't read it before:

5 kg Silver

Here's another (slightly older) thread where they talk about it and show some pictures if you are interested:

RCM Milk spots

The mint's shield technology doesn't seem to have anyone complaining loudly about it still occurring, but I can't speak for myself.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  2. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

I think any pure silver proof from ANY mint has the chance of developing spots. look at those beautiful girl Brittianias....they have spots...I'm a betting man, and believe they won't get any, but who knows right? It's all a gamble.

3. Trinkets

Trinkets Active Member

You said it :)

Hopefully, their shield tech works and protects them long term just in case.

4. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

I just got mine in the mail. Wow, is it nice! Very, very nice. I think it is a winner, but who knows right? Time will tell.