Perth Bullion Liquidation

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by nighttrader, Jul 9, 2019.

1. fishduck

fishduck Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

My thinking is that the liquidators know this yet they chose to act this way, I'm trying to wonder why as you would think that the liquidators job is to distribute the property in the most efficient way possible.

So they would find the merchandise they could liquidate, pay the creditors and get a cut. Contents inside the SDB have nothing to do with this process and just needs to be returned to the owners by verification. You should have the keys that match the boxes, how can it be more difficult than that?

2. PMstack

PMstack Member

Simple answer is more days = more pays

These guys get paid before the ATO and creditors (including those with superannuation in unallocated storage)

Maybe when they know the carcass is dry they'll let the hyenas in

3. bubblebobble2

bubblebobble2 Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Only one winner comes out of this - the liquidator

4. Ian Gillman

Ian Gillman Active Member

That is always the way with bankruptcies, the liquidators have first pick of the assets and the long time creditors come last. The liquidators will charge a very large amount for their services that will get cut down by the courts to a slightly smaller but still very large amount and then the scraps will be thrown to everyone else. You will probably see 1%-2% of what they owe you if you have unallocated bullion with them.

5. dross

dross Active Member

If these guys are the same as the ones who worked on the company i used to work for that went insolvent, they charge anything up to $1200.00 per hr for upper management & hundreds of dollars per hr for the grunts sorting out the day to day. Also they are very much on the lookout for news and or social media articles or forums so they can head off the sheep where and when needed with legal pitfalls.

6. leo25

leo25 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

These liquidators sound like real scumbags. A normal kid grows up wanting to become a sports athlete or astronaut, a sick minded kid wants to become a liquidator.

Sham Bolic likes this.
  7. Sham Bolic

Sham Bolic Member

Right on!
    I think though they are usually coached into it by white collar parents who were also this type

8. Sham Bolic

Sham Bolic Member

Its RSM Liquidators. Who was the mob you mean? (Not that theres probably any difference between any of them)

9. Sham Bolic

Sham Bolic Member

The big issue here is that they also operated storage vault with safety deposit boxes - where people stored THEIR OWN ASSETS PURCHASED ELSEWHERE PREVIOUSLY. Not only do they have to pay the liquidator to access their own assets (despite already paying for storage and now not getting that as the stuff has to be removed), even worse (much worse actually) they have to sign an indemnity against legal action against ANYONE associated with the liquidator if the assets are missing!!! Has this ever happened anywhere before?

10. PMstack

PMstack Member

AND ....

The liquidator is the holder of the insurance policy that they are asking punters to waive the rights against

Sham Bolic likes this.
  11. SilverDJ

SilverDJ Well-Known Member

Everyone wave!

mrsilverservice likes this.
  12. fishduck

Could I ask how the liquidators are holding the insurance policy? I thought it was provided by a third party?
    In this situation, whats the point of paying premiums?

13. PMstack

PMstack Member

The policy was held by PBC and they allotted the cover to those who had SDBs. When the liquidator came in they took over everything that PBC had, including insurance.

Their first move was to request their name be put on the policy and some changes be made regarding removal of insolvency related exclusions.

Now they cannot answer questions about the SDB holders paid policy validity until their underwriter answers.

14. PMstack

PMstack Member

15. The Expanding Man

The Expanding Man Member

What options are left for SDB in Perth?

16. 66rounds

66rounds Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

After this mess you still want an SDB?
    Buy a safe, get insurance and get a pistol license.

serial likes this.
  17. fishduck

Who and how do you get insurance for precious metals and why are you telling the insurance company that you have precious metals where you live? Especially in this day and age of data leakage and privacy issues occurring from top to bottom?

And by getting a pistol license, I'm guessing someone is also going to get a gun as well, along with a gun safe, where police would have absolute authority to go and inspect your house where the gun safe is. Or you can get the casual intruder who happens to see your gun safe and so on.

Just to be clear, I'm not criticising you, I'm just trying to figure out how this would work as what happened in PBC is making this a more viable option

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
  18. 66rounds

66rounds Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Very good points, but what's the alternative besides dig a hole and bury your metals? I'm not about to make a post telling you to do things that might be illegal. We are all bound by the legislative limitations of where we live. Storing at home sure beats an SDB, as anyone who wants my belongings will get a fight out of me before I let them go.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
  19. PMstack

PMstack Member

I've heard that bullion cannot be added to home insurance but some (I think collectable) coins are ok as an added specified item.

IMO your personal safety is far higher value that whatever you may stack. Arming yourself legally puts you on a list that you have no control over, open to the usual corrupt events that happen where people get involved.
    If you're getting robbed the most valuable thing you have (i.e your life/health) is not a target. OK a random break in might not count this way but if the would-be bandit knows you've got a stack what are the chances they don't also know that you're armed? Their plan will fail without being prepared to take you out.

66rounds likes this.
  20. PMstack

PMstack Member

Does anyone have a copy of the full terms and conditions of the insurance that came with the Perth Bullion SDB's? There's some but not all info at http://www.about.ag/PerthBullion.htm

If so and if not breaking any clauses please please share.

Heard that an application to remove insolvency exclusions has been made by liquidator to the underwriter. Don't know what these are but am very worried that policy might be changed in a way that SDB holders are forced to accept because changes may be allowed from original terms.