$13 silver might be possible

Discussion in 'Silver' started by leon1998, Feb 14, 2015.

1. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I’ve observed that the sentiment on this forum can somewhat act as a reverse indicator. When the general sentiment is at its most bearish, the bottom is near. Silver is hated and is still being hated. This could mean there is more upside. The sentiment for platinum is worst than silver, it’s already no longer considered a precious metal. I have the gut feel that pt will have the biggest returns beating silver but making the purchase is very difficult because it can go down further as what Alor has suggested, but if it goes down further to say $400-$600, it will be the best buy of the century.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
    openeyes likes this.
  2. Tokyo

Tokyo Active Member

I do have 650-620 on platinum for lower expansion level. For now everything is going up and should be able to see if platinum wants to take off from here = roll my dice on few platinum miner

3. openeyes

openeyes Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Interesting observation. I agree

4. Oddjob

Oddjob Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The Costanza Theory.
    upload_2019-7-30_17-4-30.jpeg

Silver260, ParanoidAndroid and leo25 like this.
  5. Tokyo

Tokyo Active Member

Commitments Of Traders (COT) good info

6. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

Basically nothing changed, nearly the entire price trend (all ups and downs) was/is due to hedging on silvers futures market.
    That was different upto 8 years ago, when you saw ETF stocks and mint sales increasing with the price.
    About the current monetary situation, the central planning thieves are trying to force price inflation up to their target, and burn as much of peoples savings as possible, so beware of buying in any uptrend.
    Last year, spreaded over 1.5 month I purchased 2/3 of my stack addition at 15€/ounce and 1/3 at 14.2€/ounce. Could have done better by buying it all at 14.2 but could have done alot worser by buying at 17€ now.

Silver hated? Heh, not by me. Never had, my 2011 big purchases were not silvers error but mine. And I'll continue, but not now. :p

sgbuyer and 66rounds like this.
  7. sgbuyer

Premiums had been dropping since 2011, but it has possibly bottomed in 2018. The low demand for silver has driven low premium silver dealers out of business. In Singapore, at least 3 dealers have shutdown in the last couple of years and this has resulted in higher premium for certain coins/bars. If more dealers go out of business, there will come a point in which even if silver spot drops back to $14, I may actually have to pay more for bars that I paid for a year ago when the spot price was at $16. In this respect, Oct-Dec last year might possibly be the period that we can buy the cheapest physical silver in terms of actual amount paid per ounce.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
    66rounds likes this.
  8. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

So the Silver big question for 2019 is will the price be capped at resistance at $21 or like the Gold price breakout of its 5 year trading range to target the next resistance area of $25.

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article65463.html

pi, sgbuyer, openeyes and 1 other person like this.
  9. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

10. openeyes

openeyes Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

And the answer is .......we will be right back after the break.

11. Tokyo

Tokyo Active Member

Fib level 16.70 /18.20 / 22 & 25

12. Number 47

Number 47 Well-Known Member

Good question, let's check my crystal ball.

I'm seeing a new, short term unprecedented high of $83.4 on Friday 13th of November 2020 triggered by military action in the South China Sea and the subsequent worldwide halt on commercial shipping industry, starving us of oil within days, causing short term market panic selling, followed shortly by a massive dump of 675 million ounces of silver onto the market which will plunge the price quickly back to it's new average price of $37 where it will move sideways for another 15 years.

Most of us will blink and miss the peak, those of us that see it won't find a retailer with it's doors open for buisnes anywhere, leaving us with a life long sense of sellers anxiety for being unable to sell at the high...

images (10).jpeg

openeyes and 66rounds like this.
  13. sgbuyer

Don't think there will be enough high grade silver left in the ground that can be mined for $37 an ounce in 15 years.

14. President Trump

President Trump Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

That is hilarious because of how true it is. Even in electronic trading platforms (particularly retail fx) all trades must be shown on the screen, but try selling on a spike. Spread widening, slippage, connection slow down, etc you wont get the unicorn price. Of course the spike up wont have any problem taking out your well placed, long distance stop loss, if you were short. I think Number 47 you have experienced this.

Number 47 likes this.
  15. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I think Pt equals Car Industry, is that right? If so it has a little further to go considering current inventory. My view is the only reliable buy at this stage is gold.

President Trump likes this.
  16. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

17. sgbuyer

Short term pt is used in diesel cars and trucks. Pd is used for cars. Gold is the safest buy. Pt is for punting.

I’m waiting for pt to drop a bit more before buying a day wear pair of bands. When I bought my bands, pt is twice the price of gold and I’m suspicious of getting “white gold” - I didn’t know white gold is actually rhodium plated gold. This is the biggest scam.

Anyone bought “24k platinum” from mene?

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  18. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

most silver is produced as a bi product of mining other metals so no your wrong

19. Tokyo

Tokyo Active Member

Please do better DD we don’t want miss lead people. new mine is developing ( lower cost )

sgbuyer likes this.
  20. sgbuyer

I'm referring to primary silver mines. Cost of mining silver was $3-$4 in 2000. Today, it's $12-$15. That's an increase of 3-4 times. Saying that in 15 years there won't be high grade silver that can be mined at $37 is quite possible because of inflation, dollar devaluation, underinvestment in silver exploration from 2013 to 2019, and diminishing resources.

One last thing, by 2034, Mexico will be a middle income country.

Of course, this is my personal opinion. For all we know, there maybe no inflation for another 15 years. :D

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019