Perth Bullion Liquidation

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by nighttrader, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Captain Kookaburra

Captain Kookaburra Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The original assessment was 4 times that much.

2. Captain Kookaburra

Captain Kookaburra Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Absolutely... Although the police have little resources to tackle such opportune scamming.

3. Bullionme

Bullionme New Member

Please check your inbox guys, I have sent through link to the telegram group to those I reckon got impacted. We can discuss how to go forward from there.

4. SilverDJ

SilverDJ Well-Known Member

Perhaps there is a system that tracks stock and ownership etc and the liquidators have just not found it. The owner(s) might have "rage quit" after the $2M tax bill and the loss of the business and refused to cooperate with the liquidators maybe?
    Does seem implausible that you could run such a system without any form of at least rudimentary database.
    Did the un/allocated storage programs have any sort of online login that let you see your status? If so then a database and system has to exist. IIRC there was an account login where you see your previous orders etc, surely there is something for the storage programs?

5. Itsme

Itsme New Member

Hi all, please let us know who is affected by this and in what way to see how many people we have for a group and what kind of interests... Thanks

6. SilverDJ

Not if it's in a SDB, the government cannot touch it.
    Nor can they touch allocated metal depending upon how it was legally set up.

7. silverlining333

silverlining333 Active Member Silver Stacker

Don't assume the email is PB? Really? I know what your saying is possible, but it's much much more likely Ben or another PB staff member has switched bank accounts because they could easily. Ben just lost everything from a shit gst ruling and is likely feeling really hard done by so is taking whatever he can.

I definitely will be finding out who's account I paid into.

I don't think sdb holders will lose anything, but anything PB were holding like unallactoed or or guys waiting for delivery will lose everything. To easy For Ben to say they just never had it.

But saying that I do find the lack of communication from RSM pretty worrying.

And how does RSM make money out of all this?

No records of this bar of gold, well then isn't that convenient

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
  8. President Trump

President Trump Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Oddjob: KJC storage looks different. KJC store with G4S. So the owner of the gold isn't simply putting putting it in a SDB with KJC. There will be all sorts of term and conditions in documentation allowing KJC to store the PM with G4S, some of these terms could trigger PPSA.

9. dross

dross Active Member

PBC have been good to deal with, honest and trustworthy from day one & now some feel they would turn on a dime in an instant to become crooks whilst under the ATO microscope, seriously who would be so stupid, it makes no logical sense once the emotion is removed along with the mud flinging stick (divide to conquer). Did any SDB owners here ever have any issues in the past with PBC record keeping or find them lacking when checking their boxes? More likely the owner and staff were locked out and banned from entering premises than them record tampering. I am not involved but reading what records and evidence already SDB holders have supplied v's the stance the liquidators are taking along with the lack of communications other than what is the legal requirement I'd say they are the issue weather or not under the watchful eye of their handlers. Their are legal time lines they will need to meet at certain stages of this whole process which should have been laid out to those who registered as affected parties (find out what those time lines are so you can do whatever before it becomes a mute point and get together as one very clear and loud voice guys ASAP for your own sake please). These are my own observations only not legal advise etc. just a concern fellow stacker.

Stoic Phoenix and Oddjob like this.
  10. Soprano16

Soprano16 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

As someone who hasn't been impacted by this but is keeping an interested eye on it all, all my concerns up until this point are around the Liquidator

I dealt with PB quite a lot, and as far as I could recall I could easily see all of my purchase history online once logged in, and had nothing but great experiences with them. Now I understand that a positive experience with them doesn't clear them of any wrong doing, nobody would be that naive, but RSM's claims of no/poor records, receipts or whatever just seems too fishy to me, not to mention they seem to be very amateurish with how they have dealt with/communicated so far

As others have mentioned, liquidators don't do what they do just out of the goodness of their heart - they need to be gaining in order to do this, and I just hope that the truth about all of this comes out, and most importantly that everyone who has been impacted doesn't get burnt and receives their SDB contents, and soon - not through some painful and stressful time consuming process

This truly is an absolute debacle. I hope the truth comes out soon

leo25 likes this.
  11. Itsme

Itsme New Member

Does anybody know what entity above the Liquidators can we raise our concerns with?

12. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Since it's backed by the western australian government, if I don't need to take delivery, does this mean there's actually no difference between allocated, pool and unallocated? Unallocated is attractive since it has no storage fee!

13. bron.suchecki

bron.suchecki Well-Known Member

Note that the Personal Property Securities Act 2009 specifically exempts goods held on bailment from being seized by liquidators.

1for1, SilverDJ and Oddjob like this.
  14. Arch

Arch New Member

City Gold in Adelaide do this, its not on their website. But I call up and place an order and then ask them to hold off for a few weeks of shipping while i order some more to bundle it up, had no issues with them at all.

Cind3r likes this.
  15. SilverDJ

Correct. All are backed by physical metal and also the government guaranteed. This is unlike all other storage programs in which unallocated is not safe if the company goes bankrupt.
    I presently have all mine in unallocated as a result.
    And because they are government owned I'd expect them to have extensive bureaucratically controlled processes in place for ownership data etc. I'm sure Bron can fill us in on that?

I don't want to shill for the Perth Mint, as I wasn't happy with their data breach some time back, but they are still the best game in town in terms of safely storing your metal.

16. Arch

Arch New Member

only thing with ainslie is paying for parking, i could get another 1oz SC with that lol. Their buybacks are a little low aswell

Ernie Dingo likes this.
  17. mongrelmaple

mongrelmaple Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Just a LITTLE low!? They’re ridiculously low :D

18. Silverman99

Silverman99 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I’m sure they offer you a $10 voucher when parking under their building
    Been a while since I called in but that’s what I received last time I purchased from them

19. SilverDJ

If you are regularly selling physical metal back to dealers then you are very likely doing it wrong :eek:

20. mongrelmaple

mongrelmaple Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Exactly, you shouldn’t be accumulating PM’s unless you’re prepared to not have to exchange them back into fiat for a considerable time frame! I happened to look at their buyback rates when I was looking at what their crypto spreads were like since I’m looking at getting started in that realm.