Perth Bullion Liquidation

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by nighttrader, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Gigrantor

Gigrantor Member

So what does this mean for someone like myself that made a purchase on the 2nd of July?

I have a screenshot that proves that my funds were deposited into Perth Bullion account on this date which my bank can verify...

Where do I stand???

2. octapotamus

octapotamus Member Silver Stacker

I have a deposit box with them. I only just found out about this this morning. I'm in the USA.

Do any other deposit box holders have news on how/when we can access our stuff?

I'm quietly freaking out

3. ScroogeMcDuck

ScroogeMcDuck New Member

Im in same boat
    Deposit box holder
    No more news than what is on rsm.com.au/perthbullion web site

I rang rsm.on tuesday they couldn't tell me anything.

So assuming seeing your overseas perth bullion held the key to sdb?

Im in same boat as work up north and regularly brought and got them to add putin my sdb.

I was down late last year and did a physical inspection and all was on order.

But who knows what has taken place since!

4. iceblue

iceblue Well-Known Member

I call BULLSHIT there are no records, I call Bullshit people deposited money into different accounts. From that statement it clearly shows this bloke has no idea what he is doing.

bbfounder, GF, monopolize and 5 others like this.
  5. sctpc

sctpc Active Member

I agree, I can still log in as of a week ago. And see every transaction from day one and always paid to the same bank account.

66rounds and Gigrantor like this.
  6. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

appointed to undermine the community and industry, while eating away all the meat for as long as possible to the next target job :) and at the same time keeping a database for targeting ???

bbfounder and 66rounds like this.
  7. silverlining333

silverlining333 Active Member Silver Stacker

Yes most of the records will simply be on the websites administration so not sure what they are talking about.

But i have unfortunately paid for my order to the new bank account ( 1225 9668 ) ... so if this account is not the Liquidators then its the old owners-directors of Perth Bullion.

Which means the Perth Bullion Directors have planned to steal from us ( the customers ) we paid them for our orders into their new bank account after the Liquidator
    had been appointed.

Its one thing being F'd over by stupid GST rulings , but planning theft from us little guys who had supported them for years !

If any others here have paid into the new bank account, please send me a message, as It doesnt seem like the Liquidator (RSM) will be working for us.

I believe the Directors name is :

Benjamin Didier Welsh

8. Gigrantor

Gigrantor Member

I did a bank transfer from my Bendigo Bank account to their old account 10182436 on July 2nd.

This transfer is on my bank statement and I even have a screenshot to prove my purchase.

One would think that this would be enough to protect me in this situation!

9. silverlining333

Yeh if he left your metal in the premises.

He could have just taken most of the stored metal and sold it off already, and say hr never had it, declare bankrupt.

But it is criminal so he has to pay .. do some time in lockup.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  10. Gigrantor

Gigrantor Member

If he has indeed intentionally done this then this scumbag deserves to be locked up in prison with other scumbags and used and abused regularly as a prison bride!!!

silverlining333 likes this.
  11. silverlining333

Totally agree!

If his planned to steal from me and others, i dont have much hope for anyone waiting for metal from this company.

Also its possible that other staff working for him could be in some trouble for aiding and abetting the crimes to happen.

I wonder how much money has this guy stolen ?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  12. ScroogeMcDuck

ScroogeMcDuck New Member

I like how they sayy no readily available stock list for allocated holdings or sdb but they recommend getting insurance.
    How can we get insurance if we cant prove that there is actually any bullion in the sdb, if we cant get any access at this stage?
    For all we know at this stage until proven otherwise that sdb and other bullion hasn't been compromised?

13. 66rounds

66rounds Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I think they meant begin the process of filing an insurance claim if you already have insurance and proof of your stock

14. silverlining333

Yeh they even let them trade illegally after they were appointed the administrators !

Not sure why its so hard for RSM to give more information, especially to Sdb holders.

15. ScroogeMcDuck

ScroogeMcDuck New Member

It stated should consider own insurance and cant rely on any previous company for insurance in any form.
    The company used Gladstone Claisebrook
    I spoke to them, they stated they have been to premises and reckons at this stage no claims are required all is ok
    But i will waituntil i physically inspect contents match previous certified holdings statement beforemaking a call on insurance

66rounds likes this.
  16. dollars

dollars Active Member Silver Stacker

I viewed the web site while all the stock was still clearly displayed and was surprised when all the stock displays and other data was removed

Can anyone suggest why this was done ?

Surely the products advertised would form part of the stock listing ie each product code together with the number on hand ?

Also in the event of the sale of the business wouldn’t this data form part of the value ?

17. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Further to @Oddjob’s post, there are a number of meets in each city. Talk to the convener and see if there are like affected people who can form a group. Similarly minded people around the country could possibly afford legal representation of the group rather than speaking nilly willy to the administrator. There may be a lawyer on the forum following the thread who may come forward at a reduced rate.

Meanwhile, without blaming the victims, we have to ask, what can we take away from this?

I have been harping on for the last decade, buy from your local dealer, and if practical, always pick up!

I am now spitballing, but I reckon the local buyers will come out of this better off as there is more chance of retribution from these locals than out-of-towners.

18. sctpc

sctpc Active Member

SalivateMetal warned of this a couple months ago in the US, No matter what you do you take risk as you could be given copies also.

19. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

seen blue moon before back in 2012
    must be from past dealing with them on eBay

20. dross

dross Active Member

I feel for all involved is this situation even though I'm not personally effected. having worked for a company that went insolvent then having Receivers / Liquidators appointed i know they give out next to no information other than what is legally required, delay and basically treat you like a Number not a person. Add to this the company didn't pay into anyone's super funds for 12 months even after each company director was personally fined 50k by the ATO. The ATO received the fines & for a further 6 months the company didn't pay into our super funds, we were not informed & when it went down i lost close to 10k super & the ATO said nothing they could do. The Fair work guarantee "FEG" took from memory about 3-4 months but they got our entitlements for us. If the ATO have instigated this i feel if theirs any joy it will be slow too happen at best, fingers crossed things work out for all concerned.

Gresham's Law likes this.