Perth Bullion Liquidation

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by nighttrader, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Ipv6Ready

Ipv6Ready Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

PM paid for but not shipped means the buyer is now a creditor.
    Unallocated means you are a creditor.
    Allocated means you are a creditor.
    Safety boxes means you will get everything back.

If you are a creditor you will get % back. There will be a ranking with very different percentage back between secured and various unsecured, presume allocated will rank with secured creditors, but everything will be classified as unsecured creditor.

Only people who are guaranteed everything are safety boxes. Everything else you are creditor with different ranking and you will have to wait in line to get your percentage.

If you have undelivered orders.. and paid for by credit card, talk to your credit card company and start the FREE SERVICE offered by credit companies to do a CHARGEBACK.

Sucks if you direct debited or paid by cash

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    mrsilverservice likes this.
  2. Gigrantor

Gigrantor Member

How much % is that?

3. Ipv6Ready

% anything between FML to nothing.
    Depends how much it owes and if you are secured or an unsecured creditor.

Liquidation occurs because it is beyond insolvent.

4. Gigrantor

Gigrantor Member

Is there a difference to receiving goods/refund for orders placed pre appointment and post appointment?

5. Gigrantor

Gigrantor Member

My order was made over a week before the liquidators took over yet the business was still taking orders, it almost feels like they did this with the intention of stealing people's funds for as long as they could get away with it!

I was a loyal customer for over 5 years and this is how they repay me!

Not bloody happy!!!

6. mrsilverservice

mrsilverservice Well-Known Member

From what I've read it could be safer to buy from here o_O

I wish you well :(

The Book of Timothy - Timothy 1 Chapter 6 verse 10

The love of money is the root of all kinds of evil :mad:

7. Ipv6Ready

I would find it very strange if a receiver or liquidator took the stance that the safety deposit box contents belong to them. Be it held in trust or not, if operated as safety boxes. Ie paying $x a month or per year and a key is required for a physical box.

It would be akin to a property owner defaulting on mortgage and the bank claiming the contents like wedding rings, the car in the garage inside the rental property belongs to bank and not to the Tenants.

Though if the safety box was pseudo gimmick like “your allocated gold is stored in our safety box” than it belongs to the liquidators.

Gresham's Law likes this.
  8. fishduck

fishduck Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I wanted to spin this discussion a little bit into a topic I don't think I saw anyone talking about, if the unallocated/allocated and safety deposit boxes has insurance included in whatever contract/arrangement made, how would this work?
    My understanding is that SMSF holders must have insurance if they are storing their PMs in a safety deposit box.
    I also know that for people who have allocated storage, most(or almost always) of the time insurance is included in the storage fees.
    My understanding is that this covers fire/theft etc and should cover insolvency (please correct me if I'm wrong).
    How long would this take and would this under the liquidators discretion? Or would the insurance not trigger if its held in a seperate trust under your name and therefore your PMs get returned?

As mentioned above, how about a scenario where the liquidator takes a stance on your unallocated/allocated and safety boxes? Can you claim insurance if you don't get a full return?

Any ideas would be much appreciated :)

Gresham's Law likes this.
  9. josh_676

josh_676 New Member

Precious metals are like Bitcoin, if you don't hold the private key (or in this case the physical gold) you don't own the gold... Very sad.

madaw1 likes this.
  10. CuBuffAu

CuBuffAu New Member

No point ringing OR emailing as they have not responded to any of the above options of mine since weeks ago, i paid 1 month ago!!
    and still received nothing !!!

mrsilverservice likes this.
  11. josh_676

josh_676 New Member

I think a big part of the problem here will be, the Federal Government will be the major creditor, and I am 100 percent sure they'll get the pound of flesh, and leave nothing at all for other creditors.

66rounds likes this.
  12. madaw1

madaw1 Well-Known Member

That's correct. It looks like safety boxes /in Banks and some other institutions/are NOT SAFE any more. You own it whatever you hold it!!!

66rounds likes this.
  13. President Trump

President Trump Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

2 things are certain:

1. The liquidators can't take items in true safety deposit boxes. There is plenty of case law on this. The contents of a safety deposit box is owned by the depositor (not the provider of the box) so the liquidator has no rights to it. There is no trust arrangement, it is very simple; the owner is the owner.

2. After the liquidator is appointed, he cannot accept money for a PM unless a) he decides it is in the interest of the unsecured creditors to conduct this business and b) he is able to supply the product. So the liquidator will return Gigrantors money or supply the PM. But he needs time to do so.

dollars likes this.
  14. President Trump

The question is: is it a TRUE safety deposit box!

Lunardragon and Ipv6Ready like this.
  15. fishduck

fishduck Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

What is a true safety box and what isn't?

16. Ipv6Ready

A true safety box is YOU have a physical key to a physical box, that can only be opened physically by you which can be in a secured common area.

Think of it like Kennards Storage, if Kennards storage goes kaput, as long as you paid your rental you can go in and get it.

A pseudo safety box which is more a marketing idea ie “We keep your allocated or unallocated metals securely stored in our high tech safety box in a secure vault for safety” this box and it’s content is OWNED by Bullion Bourse with a promise that when you want it, it’s yours.

17. President Trump

If you have a contractural arrangement with a third party that they supply you with a segregated secure location (physically a box or something else) where you can store your items which you may collect at an agreed time following an agree procedure this is purely a safe custody arrangement. No liquidator can touch this because he only has rights with respect to the property of the company under liquidation and the property in the safe custody box is not the company's. It is clear whose property this is. There is simply a contractural arrangement to provide safe keeping.
    But if the company here is calling this a "safety deposit box"... but physically there is no segregated place, the PM is not identifiable, the contracts talk about more than just safe keeping and contain clauses about the right of the company to use the PM in certain circumstances for company purposes and otherwise water down the rights of the owner ... then things get mirky.
    If there is no contract of sale that shows specific PM was bought and sold on a particular date then things get complicated because the ownership element may be missing.
    But if this is a sale of PM and then a true safety deposit box is provided it is very cut and dried.

Gresham's Law, Ipv6Ready and fishduck like this.
  18. mrsilverservice

mrsilverservice Well-Known Member

Quote - I paid 1 month ago - it looks like misplaced sympathy towards Perth Bullion for me :mad: I thought being robbed here was more of a risk but how wrong was I :eek:

Will this type of PM theft become more main stream with the supply chain tightening,very possible I would think.

So saying that buy now if you can and hope for the best :)

The Book of Timothy - 1 Timothy Chapter 6 verse 10

The love of money is the root of all kinds of evil :mad:

19. Bullion_ron

Bullion_ron Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Where am I going to get the rest of my 1/4 oz Queens beasts now? Checked with swanbullion, they're not stocking at this point in time. KJC maybe? But their premiums are not the best.

Really sad

cracka stacka and Grimey like this.
  20. jultorsk

jultorsk Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'll be sourcing some from Europe for myself, maybe can grab an extra one for you Ron. LPM is also an option but shipping is steeply priced with them.