Gold manipulation

Discussion in 'Gold' started by JulieW, Jan 29, 2018.

1. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/12/ex-...uilty-plea-could-boost-manipulation-suit.html

2. wrcmad

He was spoofing to widen the spread for an advantageous entry price.
    Far removed from the price manipulation the die-hard's love to constantly claim.

mmm....shiney! likes this.
  3. wrcmad

I wasn't being a smart-ass.
    I have seen the same line of logic many times before over the years... just pointing it out. ;)
    The fact that it is so easily recognisable, and that I dared point out the inconvenient truth does not make me "a tool".
    Read my signature. :p

4. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

The ignorance of stackers seems to be unlimited .... precious metals experts know there is manipulation ... Andrew McGuire knows it ... it is one of Maloneys, David Morgans and Celente's reasons to buy to eventually achieve a real price ...

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
    prospect likes this.
  5. prospect

prospect Active Member

"Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise" - from Thomas Greys poem, Ode on a Distant
    Prospect of Elton Collage 1742.

6. wrcmad

If you are implying that I am ignorant, I disagree.
    I just prefer to take responsibility for the outcomes of my decisions and actions, rather than trying to deflect blame onto some sort of sinister postulation.

7. wrcmad

If you are calling Baloney and More-gone experts, then....... this has to be a gee-up..... bahahah.
    They are experts at shovelling false information, and wrong predictions for years on-end.

8. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Gold manipulators must only work in USD, or they’ve dropped the ball when it comes to AUD.

wrcmad likes this.
  9. systematic

Typical .... and you think you know better than they do ...

10. wrcmad

Fk yeah.
    I have been way more accurate in my calls than they have over the years - that has been evidenced here numerous times.
    Though, not hard to outperform a permabull.... so nothing really to see here.

11. Ipv6Ready

Ipv6Ready Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I agree, on the intent to lower or increase prices any given moment to make a profit.
    My point is the idea that manipulation is to suppress the price of silver is laughable at best but likely delusional. Much like people who believe in the yeti

President Trump likes this.
  12. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

I'm thinking instances of manipulation that @systematic pointed out are probably more an attempt to manipulate single trades rather than evidence of across the board manipulation of the entire precious metals market.

13. systematic

So a few nobodies on the internet know more than the experts in the industry ... and the spot price for silver is basically lower than 10 years ago despite being against the supposed economics of supply and demand ... and ludicrously the experts are either wrong or defrauding investors ... maybe the experts are right and the critics are not ...

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  14. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Its manipulated just in the fact that it doesnt account for fiat dollars printed.

15. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Silver might look cheap as compared to 10 years ago but as compared to 20 years ago, it is expensive.

16. systematic

Not when when the increase in the global money supply is taken into account ...

17. sgbuyer

On the contrary, the increase in money supply has increased base mining activity over the last 20 years and this has led to excessive silver supply. It’s the same situation with shale oil where easy credit is the only reason why oil is being pumped out at a loss.

This will continue until SHTF scenario when demand for base metals crash leading to a crash in silver supply or a natural attrition when base metal production falls off due to excessive mining.

In the long, we’re going cashless so it’s either digits in the bank subject to negative interest rates or gold and silver buried in the garden. Silver will become money once again after 50 years.

18. systematic

I wish you were right ... but you are not .... the fraud and corruption will continue ... the GFC was a significant example of that ... silver will not become money again because too many people are bone arse lazy ...

19. wrcmad

The experts you refer to are only self-professed experts. Their track record shows that "expert" is way off the mark. They are nothing but numpty sales-men with a vested interest, who are beating the drum that you are looking to hear, and have cost their followers dearly over at least the last decade by feeding them misinformation and false truths.
    "Supposed" being the key word.
    If supply and demand were truly as these experts claimed, then price would have sky-rocketed.
    The markets don't lie.
    Actually, they are non-experts who, as pointed out above, are both wrong and defrauding investors.
    What is ludicrous is that if they pushed any other product in the same fraudulent way, there would be public outrage (except maybe if it was an intangible digital currency based on nothing but faith, such as Bitcoin :D). But for some reason they hold the faith of a tribe of believers, based on nothing but self-proclamity? Who'd have thunk? Sounds a little cultish if you step back and take an objective veiw.

20. sgbuyer

It's not whether I'm right or not, but it is reality. The price of any physical commodity is determined by supply and demand. It is economics 101. I don't subscribe to manipulation theory.

Of course, no one knows how things will end up. Buying commodities is no different from buying stocks - even Warren Buffett loses money - although stocks can be risker since the price can drop to zero. As Ray Dalios says, diversification is important.

At the moment, silver forms 8% of my investment portfolio so I can afford to wait it out and average down. I'm more confident of silver in the long term than cash - but I'm still holding cash so I can easily diversify into whatever is cheap in the future. If pt drops to $400 as what Alor predicts, I'll buy some more pt coins then.

My objective is capital preservation. If you're looking at bitcoin kinds of returns for silver, then you probably are invested in the wrong thing.