RBA Governor's Salary - Inflation Expectations?

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by CriticalSilver, Apr 9, 2011.

1. CriticalSilver

CriticalSilver New Member Silver Stacker

Mr Glen Stevens pulls an 82% pay increase - What does that tell you about the faith he has in the currency he prints from nothing?

Gee, I wonder where he will put all his new found surplus cash sloshing around in his bank account? Maybe he will leave it in a term deposit or buy some Government Bonds, or buy some real estate, or . . . oh, I don't know, maybe if I was a money printer I might just print me some extra money and start buying gold, silver and farm land if I could see some major economic problems coming. Oh, and timing is all coincidental and has nothing to do with the worsening state of global affairs.

Wayne Swan backs concern over RBA pay deals as Stevens collects $1m
    http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...vens-collects-1m/story-fn59nsif-1226036243579

Good on you Swanee, rip into those over paid bankers with teeth of steel . . . and I would like to see fewer taxes, a smaller, less intrusive government, no speed cameras, no private toll roads, no naked body scanners at airports next year, no flouride in the water, no BPA in consumer plastics, a bill of explicit limitations that defines what Government is constrained to do, no inorganic preservatives in food, no GM crops, fair trade duties imposed on imports from countries that do not have equivalent regulatory controls and costs as those in Australia, removal of the payroll tax, no fringe benefit tax on car parking places, no dumb-arse carbon tax, etc. etc. ad nauseum . . . however, I have as much influence over the politicians as Swanee has over Glenn Stevens and the RBA Board. Probably in similar relative positions in the power heirarchy too.

2. Nugget

Nugget Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Maybe he has access to the real CPI ?

3. CriticalSilver

CriticalSilver New Member Silver Stacker

LOL - He is the CPI. . . in so many ways.

4. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

He's being paid off - not just paid.

5. damien192x

damien192x New Member

No use complaining all you can do is turn your back on the paper money they print

6. chirofalls

chirofalls New Member

When i opened my last credit union statement, there was a newsletter in it where, on the front page was a story about Swan opening a savings account with a credit union in protest of the big banks and their awful ways. What a pussy! just shows he has no control at all over what goes on in the real world. he needs to really grow some balls or hand it over.

7. THUCYDIDES79

THUCYDIDES79 New Member Silver Stacker

the Time magazine from a few months ago ( the one with Ben Bernanke on the cover ) featured a lengthy article on the FED and whats done there and what Bernanke does and stuff like that.

Anyways, what i found interesting and deceiving was Bernanke disclosing whats in his wallet and some of his other liabilities.
    Anyways, he had like $40 cash and 1 Visa/MasterCard credit card and apparently is still paying of a loan for his car.
    - the governor of FED repaying his car loan like the sheeple - such a PR move - to make him seem like the rest of us.

8. chirofalls

chirofalls New Member

And the majority buy it Thucydides .... what a sad population.