Coin that I like, 2019 3oz Girl With a Pearl Earring, Micro mosaic Silver Coin

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by justsilver, May 21, 2019.

1. justsilver

justsilver Active Member

This is the third coin of Micro Mosaic Series.
    [​IMG]

I also like the first coin, Birth Of Venus
    [​IMG]

But find 2nd coin, Mona Lisa, only ok.
    [​IMG]how far to the next gas station

Yef likes this.
  2. Yef

Yef Member

Hard for me not to like this set being i am a keen collector and a wall and floor tiler. I had not seen this set, thanks for showing it.

3. justsilver

justsilver Active Member

You are welcome, Yef.

According to mint’s description:
    First coin, Birth Of Venus, features more than 5,000 minted tiles thanks to the Smartminting technology.
    Second coin, Mona Lisa, features more than 10,000 minted tiles.
    Third coin, Girl With Pearl Earrings, features more than 7,000 minted tiles.

p.s. If not buying, just enjoy the beauty of these coins.

Yef likes this.
  4. Yef

Yef Member

Yeah for the price the stacker inside of me is calculating how many oz's of silver i could buy for the cost of each coin.

This set i will just admire from a distance.

5. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

Agreed Yef. It’s a tough one to wrestle with. I have 1, 2, and 3, and glad that I bought them. The art work is just magnificent. And I think the latest ebay auctions (not buy it now) show that there is genuine interest in these. It is the only series I’m collecting...aside from the Lunar Panda Series (and that may change with the recent events that have take place, but that’s a video for another day). I know it is a hit when my kids are wowed by the design and the technology. Lol. But to your point, it’s a tough decision, where do I put my hard earned money to work. And number 3 is my favorite, although both the Birth of Venus and the Mona Lisa are just as stunning...I’m not a big Mona Lisa fan...but I can certainly appreciate the work of art.

6. Yef

Yef Member

Agreed, those are truly artworks and they go way beyond just a coin per se. In recent times i have had to take a hard look at what i am trying to achieve with the money i am now spending as i am lucky enough to be in a position to start investing some decent money into this "hobby".
    Am i doing this a collector of beautiful things to try and make money or am i doing it as an actual investment. I have no children so my coins/bullion for me are purely part of a retirement plan and logically bullion is the smart choice but damn you mints for bringing out such gorgeous coins.
    I try to stick closely to silver BU coins that i can sell for a profit even at spot when the price rises one day but fail at this miserably when the new shiny gets released and my emotional brain takes over from my logical brain.
    I would love to have a coin of each in this set and if i could get them for close to release price i would not hesitate in adding them to my collection.

7. barsenault

yeah man, it's a tough one, right? A main part of the decision is total speculation, you know? For folks stacking 1000's of ounces of silver eagles or phils or maples at these prices...what if silver stays at these prices for another 10 or 15 years? No, really, what if? I'd say that's dead money. Yet on the flip side, imagine if you loaded up on the Ares god of war..that would have been a great investment at 220.00 or the even Birth of Venus. Just about 2 or so months ago, a long time after the venus issue was intro'd, these were going for like $400.00...I found one late in the game (COA #499) for $469.00. And then they had their show for best in the world...and they won most innovative technology and prices shot to the moon...I don't think it was because of the technology by itself...I think folks saw how beautiful the artwork was, and said, I have to have it...and the same goes for Trojan Horse and 1st Goddess (2nd one is sucking wind - and at a higher buy price)...so it's a tough question to answer. I buy to stack (digitally - ownx.com), to hold (semi-numi i.e. swans, emu's, etc...), and I collect (smartmosaic, goddess, etc...although no more poland mint stuff for me). So maybe you collect what you really, really like, and try to get it at issue price...

Yef likes this.
  8. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

it is very easy to destroy the special items market, just give a few discount and it is all over
    what is the cost of doing that ?? not much
    or for someone who know nothing decided to just dump them when inherited such items, so likely
    if you have big exposure on such items, the risk just get higher with the passing of time
    there is planting season and harvesting season
    duck season and rabbit season

9. barsenault

Coinshoppe has the girl mosaic on their website. Cheap, only $447.00. Lol. I was told that the sponsors (power coin) held back supply to only 10 per dealer...they didn’t want to let go of a good thing. Lol

10. barsenault

Well, now up to almost 500.00

11. cracka stacka

cracka stacka Member

Stunning coins. They are made by B.H Mayer mint in Germany. Power Coin themselves are just an online coin shop by the looks of it that commission a mint to produce coins for them.

12. AgAuNEWS

AgAuNEWS Member

They are produced by CIT and as you say, struck by BH Mayer. As for supply, Powercoin had orders that totaled up to ten times the mintage. The allocation was because of over subscription, not a marketing ploy. I love this series. Such a simple idea, but brilliantly executed.

13. barsenault

Wow!!! 10 times the mintage? Are you saying 4999 pieces were in demand, but only 499 were minted?! Wow! I love them too. To hold those suckers in hand is simply magical. That’s one of the few of the many series I will NOT sell!!

14. barsenault

I heard they will only make 5 of these ladies, which I think is super fantastic. The ‘five famous lady paintings in mosaic’!! I like it, if true. And if true, I think it is a great idea, because it means they aren’t going to kill us with 5000 variations of the same concept - top 100 famous lady paintings.:eek:

I hope no other mint can replicate what BH Mayer has done. :D Hopefully they can get a patent on the technology, this way it limits the ‘peeing and pooping variations’ as what happened with gods and pandas!!:mad: