Britain’s rushing to buy Gold and Silver bullion before Brexit.

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by Ipv6Ready, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Ipv6Ready

Ipv6Ready Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

2. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

If you look at forums all over the world, everyone is dumping their couple kilos of silver and ounces gold for bitcoin or lottery ticket. You have to put yourself in their position, when you're desperate and living on month to month wages, gold and silver is not interesting at all. Better throw everything into a lottery ticket and hope for the 1% chance of making it big.

leo25 and Ipv6Ready like this.
  3. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Unfortunately I think you're right. There's a lot of unforeseen Brexit financial pain on the way for the average person there. I think the Greece circumstance is very possible.

Ipv6Ready likes this.
  4. Ipv6Ready

It reminds me of visiting South Korea, where everyone is living their life, while in USA three is in panic about North Korea bombing Guam.

I think when it is talked about everyday by every media outlet, the implications goes in one year and out the other.

If it was me, I would be diversing 70% what liquid assets I have out of British banking systems to European and other non European banks, and buy some gold.

What ever happens with Brexit, in, out or another referendum in the medium term, UK economy would be fighting uphill to maintain status quo.

No deal Brexit will insure Scotland and NI breaking away within ten years but an immediate sharp recession.

A fake Brexit or even worse a new referendum with remain winning will ensure the rise nationalist far right blaming some imagery sinister organisations meddling in the referendum and the loss of faith in their eyes of democracy.

5. Ipv6Ready

The dire status of underclass (anyone living pay cheque to pay cheque) has been the same since ancient times.

6. sgbuyer

North Korea has always been a pawn of China to make the US busy so that they won't pay attention to what is actually going on in the South China Sea and trade. China can also gain leverage on trade issues by helping the US control this "threat".

Trump saw through this trick, and decided to do a "turn somebody's trick against him" - https://zh.glosbe.com/zh/en/将计就计. He succeeded because Kim realised that being Xi's pawn is not getting him anywhere. Kim played along and helped Trump all the way. Regardless of what happens to the "peace talks", the north korean threat won't be taken seriously any more and China is now no longer seen as needed to help control Kim. In fact, all the peace talks are done outside of China.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  7. Ipv6Ready

I don’t think NK, SK nor China really cares what Trump USA thinks anymore other than lip service.
    Once NK had nuclear weapons the regime Kim knows he is safe from US. His only fear is internal ie coup d’état

8. sgbuyer

Trump maybe loud but he is clear on his intentions, he wants to pull the US out of North Asia. Once the US is pulled from North Asia, we’ll return to the pre-US era. This is what worries Kim most as historically, korea is a vassal state of China and the ruler of Korea is a puppet only.

9. Jim4silver

Jim4silver Well-Known Member

Did anyone honestly think the elites would let the common man (and woman) vote for real change in the UK? Those folks are not free in the UK. They only think they are. This is proof. The fact they aren't marching in the streets like the yellow vest folks (even the French will riot when necessary), tells a lot about what has happened to the will of the people in the UK.

The elites tried to do the same when DJT was elected (stop the will of the people), as is now being proven each day with new information (Comey, et al...). But thanks to the fact that we still have some in the population that aren't lefties and are real Americans, there is/was enough outrage in the population to fight the elite machine despite the fact that 99% of the media is against the people (who aren't leftists).

If Hillary had won, we would have at least two but probably three new very liberal S Ct justices, and gun ownership would be in the process of being banned like it has in all other non free countries.

The lefties that always attack the US fail to see that it is really mother England that controls the world, still (or rather those who control mother England, control the US). The US broke free from them for a while but they got back in over time due to manipulation/attempts to control the banking/financial systems in the early US.

It was solidified with the Federal Reserve Bank creation. Look at the British (London) connection via the banks that were original "owners" of the Fed Reserve bank shares. Yes, there are private shares of ownership in the Fed Reserve that banks can hold that receive a 6% dividend. Dividend of what I ask? Think of the billions that roll through the Fed each year. Control of money system and easy profits. Wow!

PS The US Civil War was not about slavery per se as modern leftists say, it was about control and issuance of currency and state's rights, etc.

Just my 2 cents.....

https://www.facts-are-facts.com/news/the-federal-reserve-is-privately-owned

https://newrepublic.com/article/116913/federal-reserve-dividends-most-outrageous-handout-banks

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  10. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

If it was Hillary then Syria would be a smoking ruin and you'd be mired in Iran or NK or both.

11. sgbuyer

Hillary will not touch NK if you know who her husband works for.

Still freer than the folks in Singapore a dozen times and China a hundred times - https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/13/after-italy-malta-says-its-looking-at-chinas-belt-and-road-plan.html

As an outsider, I can see that the EU is finished. Now with China slowing down, Germany's main export market for their industrial machinery and luxury cars are going to get hit big time. This might be the final straw. I don't know the details in what agreement the UK has with Germany but it appears to me that in the long run, it's better to jump off a sinking ship even if it is into the ocean.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
    jultorsk and Jim4silver like this.