How does one sell 420 1994 Proof American Silver Eagles?

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by ziggy5678, Mar 1, 2019.

1. ziggy5678

ziggy5678 New Member

My father's estate has 420 1994 Proof American Silver Eagles that are rated the highest.

How does one sell these for a decent price??

All have been bought from GoldLine and went straight to a safety deposit box.

F

PS - I also have 1844 Liberty Gold $10 and 1895 Liberty Gold $20 coins

2. Silverbandit007

Silverbandit007 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Maybe auction a couple off to see what price they will get on the secondary market, then price the rest accordingly. Unless you want to sell all at once then you most likely won’t get anywhere near what they are truely worth.

silver kooka and Silver260 like this.
  3. sodl

sodl Well-Known Member

If it were me I would sit on them for 6-12 months. There is a forecast price reset of gold and silver prices. Coins could be worth many times their current value in the not too distant future.

4. jcz1

jcz1 Member

• The 1994-P is a key date, with the lowest mintage of any regular-issue Proof Silver Eagle.
    Is that what you mean by "rated the highest?" Because these can also be graded.

Ebay sales prices (non-graded) seem to range between $70 and $100, but it would take maybe a year to sell that many at those prices.

Not many dealers will buy these in enough quantity to buy that many either, you'd likely have to sell some to a bunch of different dealers. Apmex is one of the biggest, but they have over 40 of these right now, so unlikely that they'd want many more if any. A few more from a google search: JM Bullion and ModernCoinMart have none, and SD Bullion has 1, so they might buy some. (Pay no attention to their high "ask" prices - you will not be offered anything close to that number.)

Be sure you have eyes on them before trying to sell, to make sure no damage like tarnish happened in the meantime.

Please ignore the advice to wait for higher silver prices, the price for this one doesn't really move much with spot price.

5. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

I wonder what the price tag was at the time he bought them? And nearly 25 years later folks are saying they may fetch 70.00. Man, this hobby is a tricky one. And now you have the stuff from the Poland mint with an initial buy price of 200-300 now fetching 1-2k overnight. And yet those 1994’s were probably the Poland mint stuff at the time. Lol.

Here is one auction on ebay...to get an idea of how much you can get.
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/254137610071

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
  6. Captain Kookaburra

Captain Kookaburra Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

7. dollars

dollars Active Member Silver Stacker

Personally I would take the time to slowly sell these I believe you could double your returns. Please let the forum know the offer you receive for a 420 bulk buy.

You could be looking at an extra $20k or more M ay take some time and effort but I believe the reward could be worthwhile

Cheers $