Full set of kookaburras, how do you store and present them?

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Silverling, Dec 25, 2018.

1. Silverling

Silverling Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

OK, so I've finally collected all 1 oz Bullion coins from 1990 to 2019. But as you all know they come in different capsules.

I've got some in square capsules, some in weird round capsules that were carded in a previous life and some in regular round capsules like the present ones come in.

I asked one other long term serious Aussie coin collector how to get it all right. He suggested to put them all in regular capsules. In other words, take them out of their square capsules and weird shaped specimen capsules and standardise the collection. Then maybe put it in a nice box.

So how have you done it? How did you accommodate the square capsuled ones and what is the best way to get this collection together and make it look right? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Soprano16

Soprano16 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I sold a set recently - pic below

Put them all in round capsules, and grab a beautiful box

I got my box from https://www.meinemuenzbox.de/

They have boxes for so many sets! I bought 4 boxes for Kooks, Koala's, QB's and Lunars to maximise postage value. Contact them via the contact link, and tell them you're a SS member who was referred to them, and ask them for their best price on the box you want

They are great to deal with, and the quality of the box is second to none

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ivykoin, jultorsk, Rod and 1 other person like this.
  3. Silverling

Thanks Soprano I was hoping you would answer as I recalled you having one. I note on their website that you order the box and the number of inserts. Is this what you did? 2 X 20 inserts?

Looking at your photos, it seems as though one insert is firmly locked into the lid and one is in the bottom half. Is that correct? It does look nice. Is it secure and not flimsy in anyway?

My aim of course will be to go to a 40 coin collection by 2030. I think I might just have fork out the money and do it, no point having a nice collection sitting around plastic zip lock bags.

Unfortunately I do not have any other big collection so it will be a one off order for my kooks only.

The box in your photos looks nice, very nice. Thanks.

4. Soprano16

Yes I ordered 2 x 20 1oz coin inserts / depositories, which holds 40 coins total

The 2 inserts actually sit on top of each other in the lower part of the box when closed, but you're able to take them out and place one into the lid like I did just so I could take a single photo to show all 40, however you'll have them both one on top of the other in the bottom main part of the box

The box plus 2 inserts will probably cost close to $100 delivered, but honestly you will be extremely satisfied with the very high quality of it

I can't recommend it highly enough

Silverling likes this.
  5. Soprano16

FYI Don't place an order via their site. Deal with them via email as you'll be able to get a better price, and then they'll just email you a PayPal invoice for the agreed price

barneyrubble and Silverling like this.
  6. ZaidaBoBaida

ZaidaBoBaida Member

How do I get that site to display in English? I know there's a way. I only have 2015-2019 for Kooks. But, I would like a special box for my Queen's Beasts.

7. Silverling

I use google chrome as my browser and I have google translate as an extension on it. When I click on the German link it comes up with a pop up box on the top right hand side asking if I want to translate the page. I click ok and and it translates it for me.

If you don't have google translate then you might need to download it here: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/173424?co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop&hl=en

8. Rod

Rod Member

9. Rod

Rod Member

10. Rod

Rod Member

Thank`s Soprano brilliant info .Looks like it will cost me a fortune for all my silver Kookaburras but the boxes look great .

11. ZaidaBoBaida

ZaidaBoBaida Member

Is there a site somewhere where I can see all of the kooks going back to the beginning?

12. Silverman99

Silverman99 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Check out this link to Apmex coins has pics of all the kooks

https://www.apmex.com/search?q=Kookab

ZaidaBoBaida likes this.
  13. ZaidaBoBaida

ZaidaBoBaida Member