GOLD AND SILVER WANTED TO BUY AT SPOT PRICE (MELBOURNE CUSTOMERS ONLY FOR NOW)

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand (Public)' started by METALTRADE, Dec 16, 2018.

1. METALTRADE

METALTRADE New Member

IMG_0412.jpg
    GOLD AND SILVER WANTED TO BUY AT SPOT PRICE (MELBOURNE CUSTOMERS ONLY FOR NOW DUE TO AUTHENTICATION OF METALS)

IF YOU HAVE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING WEIGHTS FOR GOLD COINS AND BARS

1G TO 10G ONLY, SEEK ONLY (.9999, .999, .917 PURITY ONLY) (PREFER REPUTABLE COIN AND BAR MANUFACTURERS SUCH AS PERTH MINT, PAMP, BAIRD AND CO, SOUTHERN CROSS ETC)

IF YOU HAVE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING WEIGHTS FOR SILVER COINS AND BARS

1OZ TO 10OZ, 20OZ AND 1KG ONLY, SEEK ONLY (.9999, .999, .900 AND .800 PURITY ONLY) (PREFER REPUTABLE COIN AND BAR MANUFACTURERS SUCH AS PERTH MINT, PAMP, BAIRD AND CO, SOUTHERN CROSS ETC), WILL ACCEPT TARNISHED SILVER BARS AND COINS AT ONLY BELOW SPOT PRICE, PLEASE ENQUIRE FOR A QUOTE. SERIOUS SELLERS ONLY PLEASE.

CONTACT BULLTRADER VIA EMAIL AT [email protected].

SO IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO SELL YOUR METALS FOR CASH AT SPOT PRICE, IM LOOKING TO BUY

ONCE ALL COINS AND BARS ARE AUTHENTICATED AND VERIFIED, THEN PAYMENT WILL BE MADE ON THE SPOT.

THANKS METALTRADE

Fraser likes this.
  2. whay

whay Well-Known Member

Release the Caps Lock, Bulltrader!

1for1, GoldenEye and GF like this.
  3. Bullion_ron

Bullion_ron Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

And don't dealers get their own section?

1for1 and GF like this.
  4. whinfell

whinfell Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

New buyer? You need to pay the seller first!

Groges, 1for1, jultorsk and 4 others like this.
  5. jultorsk

jultorsk Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Bullion_ron likes this.
  6. Bullion_ron

Bullion_ron Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Good spot. Especially now as the other post has vanished

Am reporting for mod approval

jultorsk and GF like this.
  7. aussiesilver

aussiesilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I think there would be plenty of "At Spot" buyers here amongst our many members. I would prefer to keep it in house

8. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Just a reminder that shill accounts are not permitted. I've just deleted three of yours including this one. Stick to tradecollections that you registered in 2017.

slavaja, black5wan, GoldenEye and 3 others like this.
  9. Fraser

Fraser Active Member

Thinking and reality are different things.
    I have been trying to sell gold coins here for over a month and have 690 views and only 1 offer at spot minus 10%.
    By definition, this lack of liquidity means that the SS market place is not functioning properly.
    Having someone come in and bid for size "at spot" is a good thing (for all members) and should be encouraged.
    So kudos to METALTRADE and I will (reluctantly) contact this morning.
    Because instead of thinking and talking he is actually making a market.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
    billybob888 and SlyGuy like this.
  10. SlyGuy

SlyGuy Active Member

I would fully agree here. Talk is cheap. Until there is cash in hand, it's just talk.

Many people significantly over-estimate the liquidity of their metals, especially in a relatively cold market like this. Any buyers are always good to have around.

I view some good deals in the forums here, but being in USA, shipping is usually the deal breaker. My offers would effectively be spot minus international postage, but people (rightly) want at least spot and f2f meet up or buyer pays postage... which makes it cheaper for me to buy things here in USA from private parties or bullion sites. I wish the USA sale/trade forum was more active, but it seems to be a primarily Aussie forum.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
  11. aussiesilver

aussiesilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Fraser i beg to differ here sorry
    This buyer appeared out of know-where offering to buy silver and gold at spot from buyers on the boards
    He was unknown to anyone,with no feedback at all and would send the funds thru after it was all assayed
    We then find out he has had a few accounts,i will stick with my comment that its better to deal with people in house that can be trusted
    Ive been on these boards since its inception nearly 10 years ago and have seen plenty of these fly-by-nighters,deal with them at your own peril

12. GoldenEye

GoldenEye Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Weren't you restricting your trades to F2F Fraser? This requirement reduces your potential market.

Groges and 1for1 like this.
  13. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It’s good that you can even buy gold coins f2f in Australia because in Singapore, the offers on the internet are even higher than dealer price and surprisingly they still get buyers.

I’ve searched the meagre few old gold coins transacted sales in the last 3 years and have never seen any gold bullion being a sold at spot. Any offers that is $20 per oz lower than dealer price will be snapped up in a day.

14. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

there is equilibrium is the market, Au for spot, silver are seldom at spot, but occasionally does trade for spot
    now there are Transferwise and Revoult they solved the exchange rates issue
    the only thing is postage...
    so the prices they are almost at par, people make adjustments etc
    budget air also contributed to cross boarders trades, they are cheaper

15. Groges

Groges Active Member Silver Stacker

I'm sorry but this reply is nonsensical.

"I have been trying to sell gold coins here for over a month and have 690 views and only 1 offer at spot minus 10%."
    you're arguing that you can't even sell your items at spot, and yet you arn't actually selling your items at spot.
    Not to mention you havn't supplied pics and are selling non 24ct items that not every member is interested in.

"By definition, this lack of liquidity means that the SS market place is not functioning properly."
    No it does not. there are several successful sales in SS every week.

"Having someone come in and bid for size "at spot" is a good thing (for all members) and should be encouraged."
    Agreed. But not someone who has zero prior feedback/experience/reputation on the site that demands sellers sell first and receive payment later.

Also while you're complaining about not receiving reasonable offers, it's worth mentioning that when I contacted you about another piece that you were selling,
    you were far less than forthcoming to me. I hope you know that damages your future buyers pool.

Not trying to come after you personally here, just feel that what you posted above is BS for the above reasons. Cheers,

Groges

spannermonkey and GF like this.
  16. brisbane-coins

brisbane-coins Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Silver at spot selling extremely quick here. You can try posting silver to sell at spot, you can see how many minutes it can take for someone to grab.

Same goes to fractional 999 gold. Larger gold at spot can be slow when spot is high and not everyone are interested or afford. But still selling quickly.

SS is working very well. I know several people here doing and did trade of the amount of 10K+ every week.

SilverBags, Groges and GF like this.
  17. Fraser

Fraser Active Member

How dare you Groges, retract and apologize immediately!
    You made a conditional bid as evidenced by the following exchange:

Groges:
    "Hi mate, will you consider pisting first? I'm happy to pay for express post. I have extensive buy and sell history for you to check out."

And then when I said I had been a member longer and would like to stick with standard SS protocol, you came back with this BS:

Groges :
    "It's true, you've been a member for longer than I have. However, I have over 50 confirmed transactions on the site without a problem. I don't mean to be rude but it seems you have less than 10."

And then you got pissed when (after fair warning) I accepted another member's buzz without conditions.
    So if anyone's reputation should suffer from that exchange, it should be yours!
    PS> The "conditional buzz" should be banned - you either accept - or seek to negotiate - but not both.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
  18. Silverling

Silverling Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Hi Fraser, it all depends on what you are selling. I see that a number of your gold coins are the Koalas $200 22 carat 10 gram coins.

When I first came here to silver stackers I had about 5 of the same sort of items for sale and I could not sell them. A kind, well respected long term member sent me a PM saying that these coins are not all that popular here. He said that they should sell for spot or just a fraction above. Then he made and offer of spot for mine and he paid the postage. To me as a newbie I thought it was a fair deal. Now, nearly 2 years later I still think it was a fair deal. This stacker then went on to be an online friend of mine and he bought off me and later I bought a lot of metal off him.

It does work here most of the time. I find those with clear photos and with "real" prices near spot will sell. Photos, sometimes people say "you know what they look like so if you need photos PM me". That's true in most instances but if I am buying a 1 oz Gold coin for $1,800 I want to have a very close look at it. I have had items sent to me with cracked capsules and scratches on the surface of the metal and they do not tell you of these defects. So quietly without anyone knowing I ban myself from buying from those sellers again.

So yeah, it does work most of the time. But geeees, photos make a difference, I hate second guessing and asking for photos. This is actually a pretty good community.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
    Ivykoin, Groges and jultorsk like this.
  19. Soprano16

Soprano16 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

How long someone has been a member here means nothing when it comes to buying and selling

Trader History is your reputation, not the date you joined

That's SS protocol, as far as I'm concerned

20. Groges

Groges Active Member Silver Stacker

Calm down darling, as I said, I'm not here to attack you personally. I just feel that I need to highlight how silly your replies have been.

I didn't want to enter into the specifics of personal messages between us, but now that you've kindly gone there, I can :)

You did not say you had been a member longer you said that you had more 'buying and selling history' than me which is also incorrect. You had very little buy/sell history at the time which is why I didn't agree to make a purchase without you sending first.

I don't have an issue with you selling to another member after I messaged you the offer. The issue that i had with your sale was that you were unkind and unhelpful. You ended up just leaving your bank details and asked me to pay into your acct if still interested. I messaged you and you didn't reply for days. When you finally got back to me you told me that you'd sold it to another member! Lucky I didn't send the $1800 right? Since you didn't bother to warn me that the item had already sold.

As for the conditional buzz, it is exactly that. If you don't like the conditions, you don't sell... I feel like that is obvious enough.

sellmeyourbullion likes this.