Dragon & Phoenix Yin Yang (new issue) - Silver Antique

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by barsenault, Nov 28, 2018.

1. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

Grimey and whay like this.
  2. Grimey

Grimey Member

I grabbed one from Perth mint - they must have sold out now ( just checked - not surprised with the low mintage.
    I don’t usually pick up these type of coins but as you say I really liked the look of it.
    Also might be a silly question but what sort of impact ( future value etc) if any does it have as the coin is a Tuvalu instead of Aus legal tender ( even though both Perth Mint)

3. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

Well, that’s the $24,000 question. :). If you look at the 3 mythical creatures: dragon, phoenix, and unicorn, the dragon crushed it (selling between 300 - 400, even higher at times). The other two not so much. A little price appreciation. 1k mintage.

I think this one will do well, IMHO. Will it climb as high as the mythical creature dragon. I think it has the potential to, but in this environment, who knows. It’s unique in style. It’s relatively low mintage at 888 (wish it was 500). I like the yin yang image. Will it be apart of a series? Stand alone? I know my chinese friends like it, that certainly helps. I know it is selling well at coin shoppe. Not sure about others. So time will tell.

Grimey likes this.