What's the future of silver look like to you?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Coins A-Z, Nov 23, 2017.

1. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

we can get the 90% US junks or 50c 1966 Australian junk easy enough, but it would not be easy to circulate or exchange, not many people would want them
    Singapore 90% silver coins has denomination of $10 and issued in year 1972 and 1973 all uncirculated bullion coins 80k each year only

http://www.mas.gov.sg/Currency/Numi...emorative-and-Bullion-Coins/1970-to-1979.aspx

I would think, in China the property law is much more certain than Indonesia, in China they have 100 years,
    in Indo they have 30 years, and many have genuine issue certificate by the government but with multiple genuine certificates
    this is not so in China, they can produce COPY and fake, but never heard of double genuine

next time if you discover a fake gold coin, ask to take a picture of it

2. JOHNLGALT

JOHNLGALT Well-Known Member

Just came back from the BIG SMOKE in Melbourne. Aust.
    Bought 10 x 1966 50c. For $72.00 Aust. way cheaper than you-know who on the 8th Floor of a Collins Street Building.

I could not get any Perth Mint, or PAMP 1 Kg bars on the 8th floor Collins Street, as I was told that they go out as soon as they come in.
    Likewise the 1/20th oz. year of the dog gold coin & the 1/20th oz. year of the pig.(only 4 available)
    1/10th oz. gold kangaroo was sold out, as well.
    p.s. this is a Perth Mint associated store F.F'S sake. _JOHNLGALT. Rant off.

3. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

In many countries, only locals can directly own land. If foreigners can't own land, land ownership falls under a company created by the developer. If the developer decides to take away the land or forgets to "renew" the land or pay property tax (which could happen if the company is defunct), then the land (and whatever that is built on it) will be taken back by the government. The foreign investor got no claim to the land since it is a private agreement is between him and the "holding company".

Recently, there are some Cambodia apartments for sale in Singapore that are marketed as "freehold". In the first place, foreigners can't own land, so the land is held by a holding company with 51% Cambodian ownership. The company that owns the land then builds the apartments and sell them as "freehold". The question is whether the owners have real rights to this apartment. What happens if the holding company goes bankrupt and the land is sold to another company.

One of the suggested method of getting around such laws is to marry a local and buy a property under her name.

The coin pic is on the net, but I rather not embarass the owner as he himself didn't know- he bought it from the coin fair.

4. alor

when someone was trying to sell a silver bullion round, that is super shiny ... mirror like :)

there are seller for 50 kg of 50 cents 1966 ?? for 10 pcs its just too little
    kilo Ag is harder to get, smaller gold is worst ???
    may be have to go back again,

5. sgbuyer

I've seen those sea eagles for sale locally, didn't know they had such high mintages of 100k-200k. Hard to believe that they could have sold so many then. I'm in my 40s and I think I've never seen a silver coin until a couple years ago - I might have seen a couple when I was younger (those lunar animal types that mum and grandma bought) but I don't know if they were silver then. They look no different from nickel coins.

6. sgbuyer

Came across a James Puplava (an investor/investment advisor, not pumper) who wrote in his blog that he bought a ton of silver on the 19th Sept 2008 ($13+ per oz then) just a month before the big collapse to $9/oz. Interesting to know that even as silver price collapsed, physical silver disappeared from the stores even at $13/oz, and US mint had to suspend production of US eagles due to lack of silver.

This proves that physical silver may not fall very much from this level, perhaps $12-13 might be the lowest it can go.

https://wwwstayalive.blogspot.com/2008/09/james-puplava-financial-sense.html?m=0

7. alor

it was intentional to let the options lapsed way outside the money, but yet the SLV people call in to exercise their option...
    the option writer have to let go all his silver 129 million ounces, this form the basis of the silver ETF (SLV)
    at that time, there was only short of smaller size silver, not the 1000 oz bar

I used to listen to their quests too many years ago financial sense

There are plenty of private mints nowadays,
    so the smaller items are harder to run out,

there are much more online dealers too and we can see there are now a few more storage with good capacity at home (S'pore)

if you consider the possibility of short sellers or options writers, there may be ONE lesser

it could be just the USERS Association Members who use in industrial and miners themselves that want the price kept in checked....

did you buy anything this Cyber Monday 26/11/2018 ?

8. sgbuyer

While, I don't know how low silver prices can go, I'm confident that the stock in Singapore can disappear faster than we think it could. In Australia, 1kg bars have are already running low.

It's possible to do a rough count of all the stocks held by bullionstar and silverbullion as they either show the stock on their website (for the case of silverbullion), or you could try to add 10000 into the cart and it will show the maximum you can add. Including 1000 oz, 100 oz and 5 kg bars, the total amount is probably not more than 20 tons (20,000 kg). At $660 per kg, this works out to $13 million. $13 million is basically nothing in a place like Singapore. Can't even buy a house in a good district.

$16 million buys this house. Pretty houses in Sydney like the ones posted on this forum will cost upwards of $25 million.

https://www.propertyguru.com.sg/pro...old-bungalow-at-sixth-avenue-up-for-sale-at-1

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  9. alor

some big part in Le Freeport
    unless someone sell an island and buy into this stuff
    or sell their bonds and diversify into yellow metal

the big bars is half left, this are retails buyers taking up from bullionstar ?

10. sgbuyer

You maybe right about Freeport. I didn't consider that, but a lot of it is held in trust and not for sale. Anyway, there are not much good deals recently. If a crunch comes, I can imagine the markups by dealers will be even more ridiculous.

11. Balance8

Balance8 Member

What the future of silver looks like to me? It'll go up and down between $19-$28, every time it goes down people will get carried away, every time it goes up people will get carried away.

SlyGuy likes this.
  12. alor

13. Ironyman

Ironyman New Member

Hello SG,

In response, I think AG will go lower with a couple fast drops then it will run to 50.00 or more on news of a new use. Sorry you do not have ready access to silver dimes. ...oh, thought that part about fake deeds was funny.

14. alor

lier loans vs fake deeds

15. sgbuyer

Glad you caught the joke. This is what james puplava wrote on the 20th Sept 2018 (opps...2008).

History may not repeat itself, but it proves that spot silver is not a real price.

https://wwwstayalive.blogspot.com/2008/09/james-puplava-financial-sense.html?m=0

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  16. JOHNLGALT

JOHNLGALT Well-Known Member

JOHNLGALT is hoping silver has a bright future and JUMPS into action soon.
    p.s. Perth Mint, feel free to copy this coin, I'm looking forward to buying some more.
    KANG.jpg

SilAuOz likes this.
  17. SlyGuy

SlyGuy Active Member

Roll of maples and a couple ATB 5oz.

sgbuyer likes this.
  18. serial

serial Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

yet I cant sell proof 1oz palladium premium proof coins for under spot!
    https://www.silverstackers.com/foru...-price-reduced-3200-for-both-delivered.90154/

JOHNLGALT likes this.
  19. sgbuyer

I bought some 10 Oz QB, hope no milkspots.

Didn't know that it's possible to get at near spot from eBay.

20. alor