2019 valentine panda by Peter Anthony

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by andrewlee10, Sep 4, 2018.

1. andrewlee10

andrewlee10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Hi all,

Peter Anthony is sponsoring the valentine heart shape panda since 2016. It well receive with the coin community since 2016. This is the 4th year on the road of the 2019 valentine panda.

I have the honor to sell the heart shape valentine panda since 2018 with him in Asia and Europe. I also selling the 2019 heart shape valentine panda.

3 varieties are available for 2019 Valentine panda which weight, metal, purity of metal and mintage as stated below

1 oz. .999 silver: 500
    9 gram .999 silver: 1,000
    5 gram .999 gold: 194

Pe-order pricing for China Pricepedia subscriber are:

1 oz. .999 silver $108.88 each.
    • 9 gram .999 silver $32.88 each
    • 1 oz. .999 silver + 9 gram .999 silver: $132.88 each
    • 5 gram .999 gold: $428.88 each
    Shipping fee in USA is free of charge. Shipping other than USA is at USD$60 below 3 pieces of above items from his webpage. I can offer lower shipping other than USA due lower shipping cost in Singapore Vs. USA.

Please email me at [email protected] to state your prefer quantity of each variety and shipping address which I will able to give you a shipping cost and price.

The person who order whole set of my sponsor Temple of Heaven #3 series will entitle to one piece 9 g valentine panda silver at discount rate of USD21.88.

Peter will chimp in later for more details.

upload_2018-9-4_15-51-30.png

upload_2018-9-4_15-51-58.png

2. Pandacollector

Pandacollector Active Member

Thanks Andrew and here are some notes on the 2019 Valentine Pandas. It is too bad that Ms. Chang Huan is so busy with government work that the public no longer gets to see her artwork. It is very likely that this group of Valentine Pandas will be the only designs of hers that are released in 2018.

[​IMG]

Liao Bo (the engraver/sculptor of the Valentine Pandas) is something else. His work has to be seen to be believed, or appreciated. He is likely the best sculptor I have ever met in my lifetime. Mr. Liao is already a very important coin designer and is on his way to becoming even more prominent.

I have meant to write a story about hm for a long time and will do it sometime soon. There is a good chance (hope that I am wrong) that these 2019 Valentines are the end of the trail for him being allowed to work on anything but official projects.

To work with both of these outstanding artists has been a gift and an incredible experience for me. The artistic quality of the Valentine Pandas has been remarked upon to me by all sorts of high level people in China. That is due to the the artists and the great Shenyang Mint they work for – which is not just hyperbole. The Shenyang Mint beat out some of the most famous mints in the world when Thailand chose it to make new coins (the 2 Baht). The story behind that is coming in China Pricepedia soon.

[​IMG]

This is also the first Panda ever to use China’s beautiful and patented Ultranote anti-counterfeiting technology on a Certificate of Authenticity (it may be the first time for a COA, period). The Valentine Panda COAs hide a brilliantly colored heart design. It is only visible with ultraviolet light.

[​IMG]
    Access to this technology is quite limited. In May, I came across a souvenir Ultranote for sale at the coin show in Beijing. The seller assumed that I knew nothing about it. Despite repeated questions he would not even divulge which city the Ultranotes were printed in. It's an honor and a first to include these certificates with the Valentine Pandas.

I will be at the Long Beach Coin Expo tomorrow sitting with World Treasures and next door to Steve Album Rare Coins . Come by and say hello.

Best wishes,
    Peter Anthony
    China Pricepedia — Chinese Coin Prices and More
    The Gold & Silver Panda Coin Buyer’s Guide 3
    www.pandacollector.com

3. Yendor

Yendor Member

Just wondering - If it's shipping from Singapore, why is it $0 shipping to USA but $60 shipping to Aus? Would love to buy one, but can't justify that shipping price.

4. Pandacollector

Andrew will ship his orders from Singapore (when he gets them) which will, hopefully, cost less to do than from the USA. Shipping overseas from the USA is quite expensive now. Actual cost with tracking from the USA is $64 – Crazy. Shipping inside the USA costs $6-$10 for comparison.

For buyers of Valentine Pandas whom I know, I will consider shipping without tracking which costs $36.00. Still expensive. but better. I will also visit Hong Kong in November, so it is possible for me to ship from there if you can wait that long for shipping.

Best wishes,
    Peter Anthony
    www.pandacollector.com

5. Pandacollector

SILVER STACKERS PRE-TARIFF SPECIAL

Imports of Chinese gold and silver – including Valentine Pandas – are on the list of products that are set to have a 25% USA import tariff imposed. Do your holiday gift buying now and save big.

Pre-sale prices*:
    1 oz. .999 silver: $108.88 each.
    9 gram .999 silver: $32.88 each
    1 oz. .999 silver + 9 gram .999 silver: $132.88 each
    5 gram .999 gold: $428.88 each

http://www.pandacollector.com/emporium.html

The Pre-sale will end on Sunday Night and so will these prices.

[​IMG]

Best wishes,
    Peter Anthony
    www.pandacollector.com

SILVER STACKERS Readers: THIS WEEKEND ONLY, when you buy a beautiful 2019 Valentine Panda(s) AND subscribe* to China Pricepedia you will also get an $8.88 refund (the cost of your intro subscription)! http://www.pandacollector.com/pricepedia2016.html Get prices, news, views and inside information about Chinese coins you won't find anywhere else.

*New subscribers to China Pricepedia only. Images not actual size or scale.

Dynoman likes this.
  6. Pandacollector

[​IMG]

Chang Huan design of 2019 Valentine Panda.

Best wishes,
    Peter Anthony
    www.pandacollector.com

7. Nancy Willian

Nancy Willian New Member

These look beautiful. Had to Google to check if 2019 was the year of the Panda. It appears there's no such thing :(

Would love to add Chinese silver pandas to my collection. I'm looking at the 9g silver version .

Glad to see the Chinese mint is adopting the use of anti counterfeiting technology. I believe you can only see these certificates of authenticity by pointing UV laser beams at it as you said. I'm not sure how that'll help it easier for the public to make buying decisions because you'll always have to carry around a UV pen in your pocket. Not that it isn't possible but inconvenient.

8. andrewlee10

andrewlee10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

China official Mints and government printing companies did continue explore anti counterfeiting technology in coining rather than just on the coa. Many are tested in non fiat coin aka medal before implementing to fiat/legal tender coin.

This is one of the example with many anti counterfeiting technology. some of the technology been tested 20 ago by some of the official mint at medal BUT use on legal tender 20 years later. Non fiat coin aka Medal always a test ground for legal tender in China.

upload_2018-9-20_9-1-7.png
    upload_2018-9-20_9-3-29.png

Nancy Willian likes this.
  9. Pandacollector

There is no need to use UV light to see the 2019 Valentine Panda COA (certificate of authenticity). This is how it looks in normal room light:

[​IMG]

Under UV light this image appears:

[​IMG]

It is the first time this technology has been used for a Panda COA (or any other, afaik).

Best wishes,
    Peter Anthony
    NGC Consultant
    www.pandacollector.com

P.S. The Pre-Sale is continuing because the Shenyang Mint engraved serial numbers on the rims of the 1 oz. Valentine Pandas. It is taking a little while to match the certificates and Valentines. As soon as that is complete the sale will end and prices will be higher.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
    Nancy Willian likes this.
  10. Pandacollector

[​IMG]
    Best wishes,
    Peter Anthony
    NGC Consultant
    www.pandacollector.com

11. andrewlee10