Been sniping on ebay for Aquamarine rough...

Discussion in 'Jewellery & Gems' started by m3sca1, May 1, 2018.

1. m3sca1

m3sca1 Active Member

Found a few sellers in Thailand, Vietnam, and Cambodia and thought I would sit and watch the auctions and try for a snipe in the last seconds...here is what I ended with...$278 20180424_135802.jpg delivered

BenKenobi, Miksture and StewyD32 like this.
  2. BenKenobi

BenKenobi Well-Known Member

Nice colour, I have found though the darker generally has a greyish hue also along with this more inclusions, much of the material from Asia (ex Nigeria)I have seen is from African origin. There are some suppliers of rough in Africa who have the source for "Santa Maria Afrique" ($40-60pct Usd) depending on size, it is also top crystal clarity and expensive as far as Aqua is concerned, for me due to the saturation of colour tone in Aquamarine it must be clean, free of inclusion regardless of colour saturation. When cutting Aqua my advice is don't copromise on a larger stone but included, keep it clean. Nice collection, start cutting for matched sets eg ear rings and necklace stones accompanying a centre large pendant stone, Aqua sets fantastic in white metals with g-h colour diamond.