$13 silver might be possible

Discussion in 'Silver' started by leon1998, Feb 14, 2015.

1. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Actually this was the mistake I made back then in 2007 when I bought gld and paper silver. I looked at the price of gold in dollars and everytime the dollar went up, gold price fell and vice versa. The volatility unnerved me so I sold out after making like 10% profit. As everyone knows, this was a big mistake. :D

I now consider this kind of movement "noise" and it's better to ignore this kind of movement entirely and focus on the big one.

2. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

No, buy

3. Pirocco

And then they go bankrupt, production drops, price rises again, till above production cost.
    Markets at work. Even with governments, only fewer and bigger instead of more and smaller. :)
    What drives markets? Well, eh, people buying and selling. They do this work of routing out excess production.
    For oil, for silver, and everything.
    Alot can in the world. Obama We Can We Can We Can. But things that Can happen, doesn't mean things that DO happen...

4. Gullintanni

Gullintanni Well-Known Member

You got it.
    Sell and get some of that useless currency or hold and have even more worthless currency:)
    The only real answer would be to get USD or Euro or pound and deal with them.
    When a currency hits a slide you do not want any part of it.

JOHNLGALT likes this.
  5. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

you must look, its Lira plunged, but hold none of it

6. sgbuyer

I'm holding almost as much usd now (courtesy of my adr buys back then in 2011-2013 which I've liquidated more than half) as I own pm (not cost price, but current price after the recent devaluation).

The mistake I made was to think of pm as usd. Yes, it is quoted in usd, but it is not usd.

The decision to buy US stocks at that time was 10 times easier to make then to buy silver today. There were billionaire investors buying US stocks at that time.

In 2015, I bought a small amount of an oil stock which I still hold today - again, this decision was not an easy one, but still easier than buying silver.

Somehow or rather, buying a stock or anything virtual is easier than buying a physical thing. To buy a stock, one only needs to logon to the broker website, click buy. The whole experience is over in less than 10 minutes. Buying physical silver is a longer process, and more painful.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
  7. Pirocco

There's some basis in buying weak in this case though, because worlds governments nowadays cooperate closely in their monetary manipulations: they buy or sell eachothers currencies when speculators sell or buy too much of specific currencies. For example, if speculators swap euro's for dollars, weakening euro, strengthening dollar, US planners buy euro's and EU planners sell dollars, directly. The opposite of speculators actions.
    Goal is to make sure that not any of their currencies gets outside their allowed rate limits.
    Of course, a speculator has to do this before the central planning thieves "correct".
    A peg between currencies, such as the Swiss Franc to the Euro some years ago, serves the same goal.
    This central planning strategy is also a prelude to a single common currency, see Euro, although for a world currency they consider it probably too early (they want to give people the chance to get used to the idea first, as to prevent them reacting too much), and as long as that is the case they want to give at least some illusion of monetary competition, abit just like political parties, they all pretend to conflict eachother, especially before elections, but when camera's gone they're close buddies, goal to lure people to vote "within" the club as a whole.

Gullintanni likes this.
  8. Pirocco

Recent months I purchased 755 1oz and 6 1kilo silver coins from a Belgian webshop, 10 bicycle inner tubes from a German webshop, 5 bicycle outer tubes from a Netherlands webshop, 2 front and 10 rear sprockets & bolt sets from a UK webshop, 10 rollerchains from another Netherlands webshop. I didn't find buying physical things a problem.
    Of course, for those that want to ride on 3-4 months pump & dump cycles, buying and selling everytime, and quick in order to frontrun others trying the same, things are different. Then virtual / electronic "paper" is the way to go. For those that don't trade every word of the sentence, physical buying silver is as common as shopping 'round whatever including food and shoes, including stockpiling.
    Take for ex those that had bought stock and in greed to buy back in lower, or panic, sold stock at the bottom in 2009, if they had done nothing instead and just held the stock they had, to sell today, well, that's an example of how doing nothing can be a better choice.

sgbuyer likes this.
  9. Gullintanni

I seriously doubt this applies any longer when you look at a Muslim state.
    Erdogan wants to be Sultan of the new Ottoman Empire and rather than wait for him to gain even more power the west is cutting him out now.
    Turkey is not going to rebound from this .
    This is one of those situations where money is not going to talk because religion and power dynamics top even money.
    Turkey is going to get pushed into a state of civil war and there is nothing they can do to stop it short of removing Erdogan from power.
    There is no way in hell Sultan Erdogan is going to step down so that only leaves civil war OR cross boarder war when he decides to finally fight back.
    It is going to literally be a bloody disaster.
    Iraq and Afghanistan were sandpit playfights compared to what is going to come from Turkey in the next 5 years.

10. Gullintanni

I know the general view currently is that Turkey is suffering due to the USA causing a fuss over the Pastor and i can easily understand people feeling this is the case.
    After all that is the face that USA has put on it.
    In answer to those that believe this to be the case i would like to point out that President Trump has never been straight forward in his actions and has on many occasions allowed people to believe what they want (and what the media says) yet it has never been that simple.
    We are not dealing with a President that allows all his moves to be telegraphed , this President is arguably far smarter than many we have had in power in modern history.

President Trump talks like the newspaper sales person on the corner but acts like a professional chess player.
    I know HEAPS here will disagree but i will not be swayed.

I actually disagree with quite a few actions Trump has taken but it is still outweighed by the great actions he is taking.
    We can argue all we want now about the good and bad of it all but i think history will show Trump to have been a real fighter for modern America and all CITIZENS of the USA.
    He may even get credit for saving western culture from stealth invasion of the Muslim religion but this is still very much in its infancy.

11. sgbuyer

I'm watching TUR adr and Turkcell stock so this is in my interest.

Turkey's current problems is economic (as with all EM that had been reckless in borrowings and trade deficit) and Erdogan is trying to push the blame to dollar and Americans. He will defy Trump, but only the surface and for his political gains. As to how far he will do this, it remains to be seen. But the biggest problem will be economic.

12. SilverDJ

SilverDJ Well-Known Member

Who farted?

upload_2018-8-20_20-32-9.png

13. sgbuyer

For strange reason, the dealers in Singapore don't do delivery so I need to go down to the shop to collect the coins. Today I dragged myself to the shop and bought 10 pieces 10 oz today! :)

JOHNLGALT likes this.
  14. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

can buy online and pay online, but collect in person when free

15. JOHNLGALT

JOHNLGALT Well-Known Member

They say a picture is worth a $1,000 words. OOPs typo, my bad, Lol. _JOHNLGALT.
    1,000 WORDS.JPG

sgbuyer likes this.
  16. JOHNLGALT

JOHNLGALT Well-Known Member

The silver to gold ratio is back to 81.25 to 1 for those who like 'REAL MONEY', as opposed to paper or digits. _JLG.

17. Pirocco

Religion and power are "invented" to get other peoples property by manipulation/indoctrination and if needed, force. And as numerous times proved: governments & co have no problem working together to achieve that.
    So worlds central planning, will just help Turkeys government, just like it helped Greeces government, and all others.

18. Pirocco

Here they don't even want customers to visit them.
    Take for ex the dealer I chosed since some years, you have to make an appointment to pick up, and they make you pay the same you pay for a delivery.
    And they sell nothing on their location, so when you go, you must have already know and ordered what you wanted.
    Welcome outside Singapore. :p

19. sgbuyer

The postal service in Singapore is not the most reliable. The chance of losing any package that has no tracking number is very high, maybe 1 out of 20? Maybe? I just lost a package, but it's only a cheap item. It's crazy if you think that the the distance from one end of Singapore to the other end is only 40km. It is a lot smaller than Belgium.

20. Pirocco

What you mean, that governments postal committee in Singapore is worlds biggest bunch thieves per capita?