Small Cap Punters-who was your 'elephant'? Your 1,000% gain story?

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by Roswell Crash Survivor, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Roswell Crash Survivor

Roswell Crash Survivor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Some of us had the good fortune to be on-board the gravy train (at least for a while) where you made a proverbial bucketload.

We're talking about capital gains where the 20c per share IPO went on to sail past $4.00, or even the $0.05 loser that came back from the dead to hit $15 per share.

Anyone want to regale us with your tale of glorious gains?

2. finicky

finicky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Bought Linc Energy (LNC) now delisted. It was 50,000 shares and I think it was @ 23.5c per share, very close to that anyway. I spotted it on an ABC TV Landline rural affairs episode. The directors are now in court on environmental legacy issues from all the stranded coal that the company lit up underground in order to gasify it then turn it into deisel.

The price went over $5 and we were sitting on a 22 bagger worth over a 1/4 mill and what did I do - bought more, never took profits, the first tendrils of emvironmental issues began to be whiffed, the company was always announcing more light-ups but never any deisel sales and the share price cratered. I got out at few thousand profit.
    Signed - loser

3. Ipv6Ready

Ipv6Ready Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Was given 120,000 shares for free in 2008 (employee) it was 33c at the time.

Over the time it went down as low as 13c, peaked at $14 and now $5

I still work for the same company and still get shares annually.