eBay Idea?

Discussion in 'Questions & Comments' started by 1Tim58, Jun 4, 2018.

1. 1Tim58

1Tim58 Active Member Silver Stacker

Imagine more liquidity in the precious metals market?

Notice all those coupons that eBay gives out? 10-20% off, $10 etc. All of these coupons exclude the 'coins' section which also excludes 'bullion' and 99.9% of precious metals are excluded from the discount.

Why not have a section here on SS where sellers link to their precious metal listings in the collectibles category. Making it an obvious subsection of the Aussie Trading Post section would boost traffic I'm sure.

Is this a win win? Yes or No? Thoughts? o_O

2. StewyD32

StewyD32 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

In theory it would be perfect however logistically you have a chance someone browsing eBay not on SS will pick them up. (Personally I looked different categories to see if any have been placed there by accident).
    Then you have the matter of the eBay police taking your ad down. Repetitive posting will get flagged and that's that over with.

3. 1Tim58

1Tim58 Active Member Silver Stacker

Good points Stewy..

1) Someone random NON-SS member buying them = no loss in my book a sale is a sale and would force SS members to be on their toes!
    2) eBay police, well here is how I see it all coins/bullion are collectible. These are collectible items no crime is being committed?

The small amounts being sold compared to the vast array in the coins category wouldn't raise any suspicion at all, not that it is wrong anyway - everything sold is in fact collectible!
    The way I see it if eBay had a problem with it they would need to introduce a new policy (which may ever happen). Said policy could be 'collectibles' being excluded from coupons.

Groges likes this.
  4. StewyD32

StewyD32 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

That's true and agree with you on all points.
    I'm not too much up on eBay policies as I never sold anything on there, but when it comes down to the brass tax why are there bullion and coin sections and not just collectibles. eBay doesn't see them as collectibles (pure bullion bars and coins that is). So if it comes down to it eBay has the final say on these matters.

But yes small amounts won't raise suspicion. Plus these codes aren't coming up alot anymore :(

1Tim58 likes this.