More annoying copper questions

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by copperhead, Apr 28, 2018.

1. copperhead

copperhead Active Member

I have scrapped metals for 9 years averaging about 75 pounds of copper #2 per month from TV's & Wire , old CU pipe's also
    Brass about 50 pounds a month . Other metals - Steel , Short steel , Aluminum , Lead , Zinc , it's a crazy world out there.
    I have a massive hoard of scrap that I just walk in circles with a feeling WHAT DO - I DO NOW !! I am overwhelmed
    lifting cutting this and that & finding more
    It's a mess , I've had plenty of theft also . But I just find more any way .
    I must have 1700 pounds of computer mother boards Chips CPU's . My dream is to SELL SELL and then just buy GOLD with it
    I'm grounded in reality when it comes to copper
    Last week I I received 100 ounces in 5 ounce coins Buffalo stile type & I was completely impressed
    today I received 40 ounce of copper in bullion a Panda design and a second amendment commentary round
    thats 20 ounce of each type AND I felt completely stupid getting it
    I also got 1 gram of gold and 1 silver eagle . I can't let this copper thing detract my Silver & Gold purchase transactions
    next week is a 10 ounce silver bar . All from scrap I find .
    A draw back is my scrap endeavorers is more then I can handle & I look like a recluse ,it's amazing any one even says hello
    my home looks like a scrap yard . I'm getting rich at a snails pace & this snail ain't gonna stay young forever .
    But by the strengths of scrap I will buy that 100 ounce bar one of these days WHY ? cause I can .... and I want it
    Wanting is what drives us .

m3sca1 likes this.
  2. copperhead

copperhead Active Member

Thanks for the rally of thoughts

3. m3sca1

m3sca1 Active Member

No worries :)
    Sounds like you have made a lot of work for yourself!
    I very recently moved house from a place where I had family and sheds to store things.
    Man what a mess, cleaning it up was painful to say the least. I scrapped the easy stuff and threw the rest on the hard rubbish pickup.
    Put anything I couldn't bare to throw on gumtree and sold it. As the moving deadline approached, more and more of the stuff I didn't want to part with went on the hard rubbish. You know its good when its gone in someones car in under 10 minutes!
    It was good to purge all that material junk, and a good lesson for travelling light in the future.
    The place I moved to, has no hard rubbish pickup, so even more pressure to not hoard.
    I recommend you start stripping and sorting and make some serious decisions about those piles of motherbaords and such.
    By the sounds of things you could buy that big copper bar next week if you spent an afternoon cherry picking the high paying scrap from your lot.
    I was gathering motherboards and stuff to extract the gold from and seriously just don't have the time, place, or chemicals to process it. I kept the high grade stuff and dumped the rest.
    The worst part of all this sort of gathering, is getting rid the bits that have no value.
    If you have hard rubbish pickup-take advantage of it and max out your piles everytime. If you know any emtpy houses, make a pile outside that place too!

4. copperhead

copperhead Active Member

This summer I have high hopes , Were coming out of a long winter . A lot of my stuff was under snow and now that spring is here it's like whoooa
    I got to hurry before the grass starts to grow and it gets lost that way .
    Your advice is sound . MAKE PILES max out value
    The copper bar is wishful but I really need get rid of ALL the scrap and buy Gold or Silver this way the hoard sickness is related to something clean and proper .
    ------------
    On a different curiosity , I see your from Australia . I used to challenge my self on family trips to in-laws , I'd be in a completely different state & early in the morning I'd get up and hunt for scrap ( and find it) earn $250 to $300 on trips to In-laws that lasted 4 days or so .
    I used to wonder about scrapping & think , Put me any place with Car and a Scrap yard and I am in business . Scrapping is a skill set .
    So how is the scrapping Down Under they pay well ?

5. copperhead

copperhead Active Member

Last edited: May 4, 2018
  6. m3sca1

m3sca1 Active Member

Scrapping in Oz is good if you access to hard rubbish throw outs. Watch some of miniroo's videos and you will get a feel for our scrapping.
    I only scrap when I am cleaning up, it is not a full time thing for me. And now that I am renting, it is not gonna be easy to make piles without making the place look like a shit fight, so I will only gather heavy stuff like MOT's and motors and batteries. That was the best paying load last time I scrapped.
    Some outrageous pricing going on with that palladium coin, I tend not to buy coins unless they really close to spot and I am feeling spendy!<---is that a word?