The next thing I need is 100 5 garm bar

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand (Public)' started by Adrian B, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Adrian B

Adrian B Active Member

I'd love to buy 100 5/10 gram bars

2. lowtech

lowtech Active Member

Someone was offering that the other day in a thread that I started. I think it was the "I Want Fractionals" one. A common thought though, seems to be that you shouldn't expect them at spot though. (??)
    Just so you know.

3. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It was a fairly common concern when the price of silver was rising rapidly "If silver goes to the moon then no one will be able to afford my 1 kilo bar!" So a lot of people were very much looking at smaller weights which would be able to be sold for less.

When silver was heading towards $50 it was hard to get hold of any of it, three month waiting list at the major bullion dealers, long queues outside their shops and not much to be had. There was no trouble shifting large amounts of silver and everything from kilo bars down to pre decimal were flying off the shelf.

From my understanding the main people who want fractionals either think silver is going to the moon and they want small aounts so they can sell it easier, or they believe there is going to be a world wide financial breakdown and small amounts of silver will be needed for everyday transactions when the national currency collapses.

I am guessing in countries like Venezuela, having fractional silver would be quite useful provided you didn't get murdered for it.

WSF and spannermonkey like this.