FS 5x 2018 Australian Emu Silver

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand (Public)' started by h_ngm_n, Mar 3, 2018.

1. h_ngm_n

h_ngm_n New Member

$55 per 1 Oz coin

I have five of the 2018 Emus in their original mint capsules - never opened or handled.

I realise this is my first sale and I'm low on community cred but I would need to clear funds before shipping. Prefer F2F and cash for this reason.

Plus postage at buyers risk/cost. F2F in my local area - at Stafford or Aspley McDonalds, Brisbane.

2. Bullion_ron

Bullion_ron Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Hey matey, first off welcome!

secondly, and please don't take this the wrong way, charging a close to $20 premium above the premium from the mint will a) probably nor get any bites and b) might even offend some people.

These coins, while shiny (hehe) and new, are still readily available direct from the mint.

Maybe in the future they will get what you're asking, but not yet. Not yet
    Screenshot_2018-03-03-19-03-57.png

Disregard, apparently my brain is still not functioning as it should.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
  3. h_ngm_n

h_ngm_n New Member

Pretty sure they are out of stock - as indicated by your picture. I've been selling them on eBay with success for $62 - but of course they take a hefty cut.

Bullion_ron likes this.
  4. Bullion_ron

Ah.

you are correct good sir. Didn't notice that, as I was looking at them just the other day and they were still available.

My bad dude, I'll edit the original post :)

5. h_ngm_n

h_ngm_n New Member

All good, they sold out about noon the second day they were available IIRC. I understand it is aggressive pricing and may get a few noses out of joint but if I have already sold them for more it suggests it's not entirely unreasonable.

Maybe I will have the most luck with international buyers on eBay. I have had success selling them there but just hate giving all those fees to eBay and PayPal when it could be better realised as a mutual saving for both buyer and seller instead. Of course you get easy exposure to an international audience which tends to make up for it in one way.

6. Bullion_ron

Fair enough man, best of luck.

Kicking myself for not grabbing some when the mint had them, but they really don't make it easy to buy as a new client, what with all the certified identity documents they require.

I'll do it eventually, and in the meantime it stops impulse buys haha

7. Soprano16

Soprano16 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Welcome to the forum :)

Bullion Money still have these in stock and are selling for approx $45 so you're probably best continuing to sell them on eBay

Just wanted to mention that so forum members are aware they can get them cheaper on BM still, no offence intended to the seller

My Emu arrived yesterday - beautiful coin :)

leo25 likes this.
  8. leo25

leo25 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

yep Bullion Money have them for $43 if you buy a 20 roll. I even think that is over priced and clearly most people think the same as they can't seem to sell them all at that price. Though i did consider buying 1 when i was in the store the other week, but didn't think they looked that great for $45.

Also for anyone new to the game, "out of stock" for lower mintage coins sometimes means a few companies did a deal with Perth Mint to buy most of them up. They then all agreed to limit supply and or fix the price high to make them "seem" more popular then they really are. The Emu was an extreme example of this.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
    madaw1 likes this.
  9. Soprano16

Soprano16 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I think the demand is there at $45, but with so many people buying them for $60+ on ebay most people simply just don't know Bullion Money even has them

Wouldn't be surprised if they sell out soon now :p

10. leo25

leo25 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Maybe ill buy the rest from BM next week and make a quick profit :D But the people that pay $60 for the coin normally only buy 1, so might take a while to sell a lot for them. If i sell them too fast ill drive the global price down. :confused:

11. h_ngm_n

h_ngm_n New Member

All fair comments, no offence taken. For a one unit purchase with postage at BM this is competitive. I guess some people like flying under the radar too and not providing ID. I will keep this all in mind and adjust prices accordingly. I hope to Emu stays strong and doesn't end up being a Turkey!

Bullion_ron, leo25 and kiona like this.