WTS - 1966 Firty Cents Round - $785.00 Per 100

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand (Public)' started by ecc, Dec 17, 2017.

1. ecc

ecc Member

Hello,

We have a few hundred rounds for sale @ $785.00 per 100 plus postage, or buy 200 or more and we'll make it free postage.

PM for details.

2. ecc

ecc Member

A Few lots sold, plenty still available!

3. Bullion_ron

Bullion_ron Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Whats the ASW o 100 round 50s? Brain not working so good, still recovering from my stint in hospital.

But that's another story

4. ecc

ecc Member

SOLD, this lot sold will put up a special shortly.

5. tradecollections

tradecollections Member

Hey

Can you do $7 per round. I'm prepared to buy 200 rounds. I'm based in Melbourne too like you.

6. serial

serial Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

i love it when people join stackers then make lowball offers under spot for things

slavaja, Bullion_ron, adze67 and 4 others like this.
  7. tradecollections

tradecollections Member

So is that a yes or no. Actually at about spot price. Don't think these coins are worth more. They are overrated. Unless your coins are super good condition, not justified for high prices. We are paying just for content and nothing else. Most pieces I have bought are in terrible condition. So not worth it

8. serial

serial Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

didn't you try to sell them for $11 each just a couple of weeks ago?
    https://www.silverstackers.com/foru...8-x-1966-50-cent-silver-coins-for-sale.87430/
    and didn't you offer under spot for silver bars?
    https://www.silverstackers.com/forums/index.php?threads/wanted-to-buy-silver-bars.87535/
    "Looking to purchase perth mint, pamp suisse only from 10 Oz to 1 kg only, only .999 silver purity please nothing less.
    Buyback price will be spot less 4.5% on all bars"
    welcome to the forum btw, we love getting lowballers here

9. BenKenobi

BenKenobi Well-Known Member

..................:rolleyes: o_O

Jayden, adze67 and serial like this.
  10. tradecollections

tradecollections Member

The ones for $11 where based on content and premium for the grade. These coins were not scruffy looking. Better condition.

Bars are different to coins. I'm offering more than what the dealers offer to buy other investors bars back. Dealers are offering less than spot.

Not doing 4.5% below spot.

Cheers

11. adze67

adze67 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Still don't understand how people don't get that "Spot Price" refers to the going rate for a contract to buy a 5000oz dore bar..."maybe" delivered sometime in the future :eek:
    That this somehow has any meaning to the various forms of silver on offer other than as a reference point...
    Not 99.9% refined silver in 100oz varieties (which are sold close to spot price..)
    And then there's kilos and 10oz bars (divisibility has a premium???...bit more handling required to make 3 * 1kg or 10 * 10oz bars...)
    And then on to minted Legal Tender 1oz coins and limited edition private mint 1oz rounds (with further "divisibility" premiums and "collectibility" premiums...)
    But to equate 1966 50s (historic Aussie legal tender, over 50 years old, last of our "honest" money etc.) with "don't think these are worth more (than spot)" just shows an ignorance that is breathtaking in, and of, itself... welcome to the forum btw and thanks for "outing" yourself early...
    o_O :rolleyes: :mad: SMFH.....
    * Apologies to @ecc for hijacking the thread (looks like it was all done anyway)...
    tradecollections.PNG
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... :p

12. tradecollections

tradecollections Member

A bit rich calling someone ignorant when you clearly make comments not answering question clearly. I'm expressing my opinion and you really should not bag someone for there opinion. I respect your opinion. Fair enough.

You are not justifying why these coins are worth more. which I mentioned would be worth paying premium if they are graded accordingly to there condition and content.

But because there were like 36 million or so made, how is it worth more. They are not scare, justify why you believe they should be priced higher for other's to pay.

13. adze67

adze67 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Ok, I'll bite...

Firstly you come in looking to buy 1kg and 10oz premium bars (PAMPs and Perth Mint), that generally garner a premium over spot for significantly less than spot...
    You then try to gouge the same 1966 50s that we're talking about here at $11 each (I saw the pic in your post, nothing special and plenty that would earn the "scruffy" tag you denigrated them with earlier..), and claimed they were of a "better grade" although I saw no reference to any actual "grading" that could be applied to them (NGC? PCGS? etc)
    When called out you dropped your price but still come here and hijack ecc's thread looking to low-ball his already generous price (for lots of 100, hence the discount)...

Now to the coins in question...historically, going back at least the ~7 years I've been involved with the precious metals, '66 50s hold around $1+ premium to their intrinsic spot price (although this rose during the last run-up in silver price in 2011 to between $2 - $3 per coin and were still snapped up quickly when they appeared...) due to;

a) the "government guaranteed" silver content (being legal tender coins)
    b)their semi-rarity (although the figure of ~36 Million minted is given there has been an unknown amount melted down for the silver content so it's generally accepted that there is a lot less in actual circulation)
    c) their recognizability (here in Australia at least, where even the general population who aren't in the silver game are still aware of their value above the face value..)
    d) their fungibility (as evidenced in the sales threads, they very rarely hang around on offer...unless ridiculously priced ;) )
    e) their historic value - these are the last of our circulating "honest" money ie. coinage that actually has a precious metal content, and date back to the mid-sixties so to have coins that are over fifty years old that are mostly all in great condition (and even the "scruffy" ones can have an even higher value as may be "uncirculated" and in mint condition) and such a key reference point in our monetary history would definitely garner a significant premium (in fact I would go as far as to say that only a $1 over spot would still be a bargain for such a valuable coin IMHO )
    f) their divisibility - 3 of these equal ~1 oz ASW and as stated earlier, divisibility has a premium...

and I'm sure others could add further points but I reckon that covers enough reasons why these coins deserve more respect than what has been shown...

Apologies if you were offended but you'll find folks round these parts don't generally take kindly to people coming in low-balling sellers while at the same time over-pricing things they look to sell...

Luckily @spannermonkey hadn't thrown his "Two-bob" in...he's generally less "diplomatic" lol

*PS. Edit to add...
    Also your "generous" offer of $7 per coin isn't "actually about spot price" but in fact ACTUALLY a full 42 cents BELOW actual spot price!!! (FFS!!! o_O )
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  14. BenKenobi

BenKenobi Well-Known Member

What you "think" the coins are worth is speculative, did you personally see the coins for sale.

The statement that the coins "are overrated" is your opinion, but is also somewhat mind boggling seeing as though you were looking to purchase in bulk.

"Not justified for high prices"
    In fact for an Australian round 50c $7.85 is actually a very reasonable price and a great majority on the forum will agree.

"We are paying just for content".
    Where in the sale thread was it stated that they were scrap.

"most pieces I have bought have been in terrible condition".
    Have you made the connection between your price relative to condition.

"So not worth it"
    Then why do you want to purchase 200.

Your buyers pitch stinks, being derogatory toward a sellers product to justify your opinion but you still want to buy it reeks.

"You are not justifying why these coins are worth more".
    You are not justifying why they are worth less.

"They are not scare, justify why you believe they should be priced higher for other's to pay".
    They are not your goods, your opinion of the product has no bearing on its value other than to yourself.

"because there were like 36 million or so made".
    Although there will be by far less today, the number made has no bearing on numismatic price in this case.

UNGRADED:
    For your reference:https://www.imperialbullion.com.au/product-category/pre-decimal-silver-coins/#Pre-Decimal Silver

15. tradecollections

tradecollections Member

That's your opinion benkenobi. Everyone has an opinion and you should respect other people's opinions even if you don't agree. Not going to explain to someone who does not understand where im coming from.