EOS

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by DrSilver, Jan 15, 2018.

1. DrSilver

DrSilver Member

Wondering if anyone has experience with EOS. I bought a small amount on coinspot a little while ago at the suggestion of a friend who knows a thing or two. New developments and announcements last day or so. Wondering if there is an EOS wallet and how to register tokens etc. as has implications for future ICO and free tokens any help appreciated thanks.

2. Soprano16

Soprano16 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I use Exodus to store my EOS

On their websites support section they have a step by step guide with pictures showing how to register your EOS tokens using myetherwallet

It's a piece of cake, just follow each instruction and you can't go wrong. If you don't want to use Exodus then just google 'EOS Registration' and you'll see plenty of reddit results etc explaining everything you're after

As for their recent announcements, I was very happy with everything they said and I think EOS will be a beast, although a lot of people appear to be selling the news but I expect a nice recovery in due time

adze67 likes this.
  3. DrSilver

DrSilver Member

Thanks for that, I think it really has great potential and will look to get more. Would trade some ETH in but am hoping to use it for ICO's later this year. The potential for free tokens if you are an EOS holder has a lot of appeal, just can't register them if they are with coin spot.

4. Soprano16

Soprano16 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yep, so you just need to send your EOS out of Coinspot into your own private wallet

I would suggested Exodus because it's very easy to use, and you can always exchange your EOS to LTC or BTC in Exodus if you need to send back into Coinspot and withdraw cash as you can only send BTC/LTC/Doge into Coinspot

5. DrSilver

DrSilver Member

Thought I'd better mention EOS is on a tear right now up from ~$7 AUD to around $24 AUD today over the last couple of weeks. Not even silver in 2011 was doing this. Crazy times and the best is yet to come. Hope to turn some profits into some more PM's soon.

6. SilverDJ

SilverDJ Well-Known Member

EOS is what is called an ERC-20 token, this is part of the Ethereum blockchain. A majority of "altcoins" use this ERC-20 system.
    You need a software wallet or hardware enabled wallet like MyEtherWallet in order to "store" them and access your ERC-20 coins.