Vertcoin (VTC) - on the way to replace scrypt coins like LTC

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by ninteno, Feb 4, 2014.

1. ninteno

ninteno Member

Hi stackers,

a few days ago i discussed via PM with a member about Vertcoin and if it would be a good idea to go into this.

We both decided to do so and bought into VTC with BTC. I was thinking about to open a new thread here to share informations about VTC here,
    but decided to do not because a lot of stackers here for me seems to be not comfortable with getting informations about several coins.

After it was growing now x6 it want to share something about ( better late than not ) this coin an give you some links for reading.

Soon the new ASICs miners for scrypt coins will come to market and will replace the GPU miners, same happend to the BTC (sha-256) for a while.
    These ASICs will have a big mining power and wont need much electricity power to run. For example my 2Mh rig ( big computer you can heat
    25m room in the winter and have to open the window also ) will be replaced by a small USB Stick to have the same power to mine.
    These ASICS will be concentrated into companies or groups that have a lot of money to invest into these ASICs and will centralice the supply of scrypt coins
    to these groups. The idea of decentraliced system will be out of order. Small miners wont be able to mine coins, as it is today with GPUs.
    Because of that reason LTC was created while the ASICs came to BTC Network.

VTC can not be mined with these ASICs. Its ASICs resistant. To mine VTC you need a system that has a mix of GPU, CPU and memory on board.
    That makes VTC a rare coin into near future. Also it has a recalcuation system for diff called Kimoto gravity well build in.
    The diff is calculated for each block, so big mining pools cant profit from low diff phase and leave loyal miners alone with high diff before the come back to mine
    the next low diff phase. These pool are only dumping the coins to exchange them into BTC to make profit.

So altogether most stackers here are investors and not miners. I only want to give some background why it could be a good idea to invest into VTC.

VTC is traded on CoinedUP and poloniex. I used both. No problms with poloniex, volume is not high but it works fast. CoinedUP, i think you alredy made your own experiance.

Here you can find all you need

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=404364.0

I dont want to push this coin, it will find its way without getting pushed from Max or somebody else ...

2. ninteno

ninteno Member

3. Jimmy1986

Jimmy1986 Active Member Silver Stacker

Thanks for the heads up ninteno! Put a little into vertcoin this morning and doing well so far :)

4. tozak

tozak Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Won't this be the same concept as Max Coins with new variation to scyrpt

5. RetardedMonkey

RetardedMonkey Active Member Silver Stacker

Was going to try mine this last night - but you need to download a modified CGMiner client which doesn't seem to work on my PC

6. ninteno

ninteno Member

Hi stackers,

only to make clear, i don not want to get you into this coin. The time i opened this thread VTC was at 0.00200000 and made already x6 from low level i started.
    We are now near 0.0012 - So be carful buying in

7. ninteno

ninteno Member

Max Coin is a CPU coin, so i is ASICs resistant. I am not expert for CPU coins and do not know the exactly difference to QRC, but i thin its
    similar the same, but is has GWD insid which each good new coin should have

8. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

It's on cryptsy now isn't it ?

9. RetardedMonkey

RetardedMonkey Active Member Silver Stacker

Yep, looks like it.

Would be offloading now whilst price is high? haha

10. tozak

Experimented with 4 different mining setups today and I have found the most productive miner for VTC is something with more equal CPU / GPU power, lower end seems more productive as a percentage.

Dual core PC with 220 MH/s scrypt-jane GPU mined VTC at 66 Mh/s

Quad core PC with 220 MH/s scrypt-jane GPU mined VTC at 160 Mh/s

Dual core PC with 770 Mh/s scrypt-jane GPU mined VTC at 210 Mh/s

Quad core PC with 770 Mh/s scrypt-jane GPU mined VTC at 240 Mh/s

based on using vertminer from http://vertcoin.org/#mining

I'm in no way an expert on configuring threading etc. so would only take my results with a grain of salt, but still seems lower end GPU with a good CPU seems to mine more productively for your dollars, that's if you where to divert from mining other scrypt-jane coins.

11. tozak

Ahhh your correct, it's more like a Quark alternative, new CPU algo

12. leo25

leo25 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

This is an old thread and i thought it should be in the light again.

After looking into Vertcoin, it's now become my favorite crypto. Like all cryptos it's not perfect, but it ticks the most boxes for me over any other.

https://vertcoin.org/#features

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
    mmm....shiney! likes this.
  13. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Price is attractive too, the mania of the past month has largely bypassed VTC.

14. leo25

yes I've noticed this, i think it's good that its having a break after the last run up.

I've also noticed they are planing to create their own exchange so you can convert Vertcoin to USD and back.
    https://twitter.com/vertbase

Looks like they have big plan for the future if they are getting into this space. Also i like how they are working on atomic swaps.

mmm....shiney! likes this.
  15. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Price action is struggling, dropped out of the top 100 currencies, the future is looking gloomy. A good coin with sound fundamentals that is not suited to the current market.

leo25 likes this.
  16. Soprano16

Soprano16 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Should make it's way back into the 100 once all the shitcoins in the 100 are flushed out, although it might take time

mmm....shiney! and leo25 like this.
  17. leo25

Slow and steady, that's a coin i like. Vertcoin has been around for 4 years and it will still be around once most get flushed down the toilet.

18. Phiber

Phiber Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

A concern IMO is the small volunteer dev team of Vertcoin: At some point these guys might need to get a job or another mean to support themselves and have less time to dedicate to the project.

19. SilverTounge15

SilverTounge15 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Vtc is a functional and boring coin, people don't like old coins that function ppl like to buy coins with no product but lots of speculation that it will be the next bitcoin, i had a go at mining vert but found it problematic on windows, might have a crack again running ethOS everything has been skyrocketing around vert but vert has dropped a few $ and nobody is really talking about it.. Might be a good time to buy, we should even adopt it as a viable payment method here on stackers its a great coin... The respect i have for the team is because they got the job done and have yet to see them post any hype anywhere... They could be rich with more marketing and hype but i think they are honourable individuals. With a bit of hype this would be at $100 pretty quick would probably only take one whale to get everyone rushing in....

I have a total of 1.18 vtc from attempting to mine vtc might just have to hodl haha

Brendio, leo25 and mmm....shiney! like this.