Excellent new PANDA SERIES to commemorate Panda Coin King Cheng Chao achievements and contributions

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by andrewlee10, Dec 7, 2017.

1. perfulator

perfulator Member

If that translation is correct, I agree it's a bit over the top. It's not necessary to use the same language as Barsenault. However I don't trust Google translate for a penny. Also you need to know the history between these two guys. Barsenault's only motivation the last year seems to be focused on destroying Andy's business. Of course he will deny it and present himself as a victim. He loves to do that.

TasAg and Silverdale like this.
  2. DislikeFiat

DislikeFiat New Member

I love Andy's products. He pushes the technology envelop of the mints and expect perfection from them. He will also experiment with new ideas and methods instead of just pushing out medal after medal. Good products cost money to produce and let's face it...any business need to be profitable to stay in business.

In the process of minting the Nanjing pandas, dies get broken and they have to be made again. Broken dies cost money to make and many people do not see the hidden / extra cost incurred.

upload_2018-1-9_21-38-6.png

3. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

The paid henchmen come out in full force to protect Andy. Gotta luv it. I have no skin in the game. No business to destroy. Only an exposure of corruption is all. The stealing of ideas. I’m not getting friends and family pricing like Perf and others. As an example, Andy sells his gold wares for 3400.00 to folks like Perf (I know I was in that group), and the other suckers get the tasty price of 5400.00. If you need proof, I would be more than happy to provide email documentation and testimonies of people who paid the 5400.00 verses my 3400.00. Or in the case of the Lunar Panda Antique, friends and family get 180.00, while the rest of the suckers pay 400.00 or more. I’m glad I’m not associated with this kind extortion. Good riddance. All I can say is, be sure you’re not one of the suckers holding the bag.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  4. perfulator

perfulator Member

My idea was to let this nonsense pass, but the temptation to make some comments got too big to handle, so lets see...

Price: you are way off. Totally. I paid around 3xx USD for the Lunar Panda AF, and although I'm not sure what the exact pre-sale price were, it was below 400 and every previous customer could buy at that price. It was also stated that regular customers who buy more, could make contact for better pricing. I would gladly pay full pre order price if that was requested.

Gold: no idea, not my game.

Chat: yes we were 4 on a Lunar Panda chat group for a couple of years. It's scary to think I actually regarded you as a friendly person. For me as a total newcomer to numismatics, it was (and still is) a fantastic oportunity to learn and see how a medal comes around. It was with great pleasure I contributed with designs, feedback and suggestions, although probably not qualified ones. It actually took quite a lot of my time, but I did that with pleasure, and never asked for anything in return. My benefit was the enjoyment, and it still is.

Corruption: do you seriously know what that word mean? Do you think we pay some money under the table to get medals? Do you think we have to wiggle on cam or anything? Ok, you refer to profit. Where do you actually live? I thought it was nothing shameful in making some profit for an American. You sound more like an old fashioned communist. I say old fashioned, as even communists of today see profit as benefit for both customer and producer. Ask Andy and other first class medal makers how many dies their designs have broken, ask how many man hours goes into meetings, preparations, rejections, until all parties are satisfied. Some profit is a guarantee for the continuation and development of a series, and technical advancement. And where would the motivaiton be to do all this if it was meant to do for free.

5. andrewlee10

andrewlee10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

6 minting die broken so far. 300 plus pieces minted.

upload_2018-1-19_9-45-55.png

6. andrewlee10

Here one of the sample of antique brass with partial green enameled on ground to representing spring season. Many enamel products and brand been tested in Temple of heaven 1 & 2 in order to achieve the effects. It need to adjust the temperatures and so on instead of just do it as easy as said.

Mintage 69 which 50 pieces allocates to me and 19 to mints.
    upload_2018-1-19_9-50-33.png

upload_2018-1-19_9-51-28.png

Same antique treatment process like temple of heaven panda BUT achieve different effects due to design and other business secret which cannot be leaking.

7. andrewlee10

More photo soon for all other versions of the series.

8. andrewlee10

9. andrewlee10

Bimet 2

upload_2018-1-22_15-34-8.png upload_2018-1-22_15-44-54.png upload_2018-1-22_15-34-8.png

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  10. andrewlee10

Antique Bimet 2

upload_2018-1-22_15-48-41.png

upload_2018-1-22_15-48-51.png

11. andrewlee10

12. andrewlee10

upload_2018-2-24_22-11-14.png

hopefully the silver will ready in April 2018.

Coins A-Z likes this.
  13. andrewlee10

Nearly forgot to record the sales which silver left less than 20 pieces and antique silver is the worst sell among all varieties.

Hopefully the effect of contrast of antique silver will be wow.

14. andrewlee10

2019 Nanjing Panda design as following:

upload_2019-2-14_12-51-4.png

upload_2019-2-14_12-53-9.png

Coins A-Z likes this.
  15. barsenault

Hi Andy is this Panda Medal and #2 made by the Nanjing Mint Co., Ltd.? Please confirm for those of us who have this medal. Also, is Cheng Chao the designer of number 3, if not, who is? Thank you.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
  16. andrewlee10

A bit sick and tired last few days.

As usual an update of the sell status which Bimet 58% sold and Antique bimet 72% sold. The box likely red in color to reflect the Beijing Palace doors color.

Silver has been booked by resellers which will gone fast. There is a special version of silver which mintage likely to be 20 subjecting to final approval. It will stated in the same coa of silver. Almost all gone for allocation.

Take note the silver antique is at 69 mintage instead of 99 which expect fast gone too.

17. barsenault

Andy, please show us where it says on the COA or coin that the Nanjing Mint Co., Ltd minted this coin (2019 & 2018 Panda Temple, the only temple for sure was from the official Nanjing Mint was #1)? Nanjing JinJin is NOT the same as the official Nanjing Mint Co., Ltd, for those interested in knowing this. As a matter of fact, my source in China doesn't even know of a Nanjing JinJin company existing in China (although admittedly, maybe he couldn't find it in the directory of companies in China). The third picture clearly shows the Nanjing Mint Co.,Ltd. If you don't see that type COA folks, then they are not minted by the official Nanjing Mint. Also, my source knows Cheng Chao very well, and he said he spoke with Cheng, and Cheng said he did not design these pandas. Just say'n. I'd gladly have the moderator remove this post if and when proven wrong. Thanks.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    Coins A-Z likes this.