Monitoring the Crypto Bubble

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by Bullion Baron, Dec 12, 2017.

Tags:
?

Where do you think we are in the crypto bubble?

1. Very early (years left to run)

21.1%
  2. Around the middle (could still run for months or a year)

38.0%
  3. Very late (could end within days/weeks)

23.9%
  4. It's not a bubble

16.9%
  1. jerrygold

jerrygold Active Member Silver Stacker

Right, but what about blockchain projects that do have tokens to trade? I can't see how you can say a big company like Microsoft releasing MCOIN which can be exchanged with bitcoin wouldn't push bitcoin/crypto higher in general.

2. leo25

leo25 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Why just because Bitcoin can be converted to MCOIN? So will the USD go up in value too just because that can be converted to MCOIN? I don't see what one crypto has to do with another once all the crazy speculation ends. Heck it will most likely be cheaper and easier to buy MCOIN with dollars then with Bitcoin at that point in time.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  3. leo25

leo25 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I have no issue with that. I just don't see what one token/coin has to do with another.

4. serial

serial Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

August 2018
    Thats when the bubble will burst.
    I could be wrong, i could be right but i am not the one risking everything so dont care except people will die over this.
    Feel free to quote this amd rub it in my nose if i am wrong but remember if your right you get to gloat, if i am right you go broke

Silver Soul likes this.
  5. dozerz

dozerz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

any reason or just gut feel?

6. serial

yes, thats exactly what I mean. The poorest among us are most likely to be trying to get rich quickly and when they lose everything then the will feel it the most

7. serial

end of financial year. Ato will get involved and everyone will try to liquidate their coins at once to pay tax bills only to find out that their bank ( who they were told they dont need to trade in cryptos ) wont accept the payment

Ag bullet likes this.
  8. Brendio

Brendio Active Member

The ATO is small fry in all of this. You should be more concerned with the IRS, and they have a different tax year. Returns are due there end of April IIRC.

Still a good warning not to spend any more than you can afford to lose. I only allocated 2% of my total portfolio. Crypto now makes up over 90% of my portfolio and that it through capital growth. I have taken enough profits along the way to pay the tax man and to recover over 10 times my initial investment.

So key lesson: don't risk everything. Apply proper risk management. Study the past to know that crashes do occur and think in advance what you will do when it happens.

9. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

What makes you think any rational person would put everything they have into Crypto's ? You seem to assume that anybody into Crypto's has gone all in
    with everything they own.
    I'm not sure where you get this sort of idea from, but it sort of makes you look like a fool.

90% of the people I chat to here on SS are only putting in what they are prepared to lose, the other 10% haven't made a statement one way or another on what they are risking.

But if the returns that I am hearing about are even close to accurate, then nearly all are making a very tidy profit either in numbers on a screen, on paper or by cash in hand from a very modest starting base.

These constant uneducated and ill informed comments are more of an indictment on your own ignorance of the whole Crypto scene than any real representation of what you think is happening in others lives.

Dec 12th Bro inlaw put $1000 into Funfair for 25,000, today it is worth $2997 and still rising, Wagerr, ADA, Potcoin, blah blah blah de BLAH BLAH!

Instead of the constant ill informed and ignorant comments, why not either show us exactly where we could be making the same sort of profits elsewhere in the same time frames or just Fckin Zip it and leave us to our own devices with our own hard earned and you keep on doing what you are happy with.

Seriously....People will Die ?

10. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

people die every single day, can't blame the scaremonger
    some and majority of people are driven by greed and do put everything they own including wife and children into anything, they just never talk about it
    the price going up very fast, if the holder never realized the profit, it is floating gains - un realised, just you can watch it, for your eyes only...this does happen from time to time.
    (nothing new under the sun)
    forever investors form the majority of the shares holders, same will be for crytos holders as well
    can we say 90% of those in crytos are winners ???
    its more like everyone for themselves, so we would not interfere with other people money
    all the best with your happiness and success in 2018

people did ate their tulip bulbs, not sure we can swallow the thump drive

11. southerncross

No, a majority of people are not driven by greed. The Majority are driven by self preservation of themselves and their loved ones first and foremost.
    Life insurance in Aus alone is worth over $66 a year in revenue and not for no reason..

The Majority are also sick of being screwed with the pointy end of a Pineapple by Banks and .Gov each and every day as well.

Cash deposit's, Shares, Pension funds, Super, Real Estate, any and everything that one either saves for or Invest's in is all gamed towards either the Banks or the Government being the House, IE: They always win, everytime. Even outside of that the .Gov't stings nearly every purchase one makes with a %10 GST on top, even with your super in most cases, on the way in and out.

I've sat and watched one of the shares I own get gamed by algo's over the last couple of weeks with single shares being bought and sold one after the other time after time on the ASX, which I nor any other "Normie" could ever do legally, let alone get away with it without paying the $20 dollar trading fee for each and every trade on both the sell and buy side of it. Yet for the "big boy's" it is all quite legal.

People wonder why Crypto's are SO attractive to those who can get their heads around it ?

Because it levels the playing field, It fucks both the .Gov't and the Banks at the same time, and you know on the other end of the trade that there is just another poor schmuck like yourself trying to make a profit that neither of the aforementioned pieces of shit are going to get their hands on.

I've personally taken out well over twice what I originally put in, well actually a whole lot more than that really as my original input was part of a power bill (which I also paid GST on).

I'm getting pretty sick of people who aren't involved, have no skin in the game, obviously know SFA about Crypto's and continually make stupid comments such as that above. (Not you alor) and from now on will not be showing them any respect whatsoever, they don't deserve it.

Just go and get a life and stop trying to save people from themselves, when they are obviously much more astute and alert as to what they are doing with their own money than you are. Better yet, learn from them, get a few tips from the growing hoard of silver stackers who have given Crypto's a second or third thought and taken the leap and a bit of risk with some play money.

You might be surprised at the learning curve required to operate in the Crypto world at first, actually learning and judging instead of looking at some lumps of metal can seem a tad scary. Knowing that .Gov and the Bank's aren't going to bail you out if you screw up and copy and paste the wrong address or get a decimal point wrong can be quite unsettling as well. But the satisfaction of nailing a 200-400-600% increase in a few weeks, swapping it out for BTC or ETH or LTC and posting a For Sale in the Crypto threads right here on SS and getting your initial Oz Back, is so so rewarding, that before long you will have Coinmarketcap.com at the top of your Bookmarks right next to several exchanges. (if you can even get in on one at the moment) And then the left over 100-500% from your initial is off doing the same thing again the next month, and the month after that, and then the month after that again. And then Shit, you lost out and only recovered half of what you put into one of them.

See how it works ? Any where in between you can cash out all or just a bit, pay a bill, treat yourself and your Family, shit go Chrissy shopping like I did and not even worry about it at all. I actually made more over Christmas than I spent and I dindunuffin except enjoy Christmas and New years ! It could all crash tomorrow and I would still be ahead because it has cost me exactly ZERO.

But I still think there is a shitload more to be made, We haven't seen anything yet as most of the current platforms that evolved from BTC are just starting to take a hold in the real world. ETH, Veritaseum, Binance, ADA, OMG, EOS, Iota, etc, etc, etc, Most people on the planet have not a clue about any of these Techs at all. Let's face it most people don't even know about Bitcoin yet.

Show me anywhere else you can make 200% in three weeks, and then I will listen to your warnings.

jerrygold, Stoic Phoenix and metalzzz like this.
  12. serial

So I am ignorant, uneducated and a fool because I am not a crypto fanatic
    and what I should "Fckin Zip it" in a thread about crypto bubbles on a silver stacking forum so you can keep pumping the shit out of nothing that is worth something because people say it is and if you disagree then your a scaremonger.
    again with the trolling bs just because I am calling when the bubble will burst.
    if you don't like people pointing out what a Ponzi scheme cyrptos are them maybe you should get off a silver forum and find somewhere else to pump up cryptos and find more investors to keep pushing it up
    you can do whatever you want with your hard earned but if you keep attacking people on this forum because they are pointing out the deficiencies in the investment you are constantly going on about then you just come across as either insecure or complicate

13. serial

I think this is as good a time to repost this

President Trump likes this.
  14. southerncross

Wow, really can't argue with that can I ? Your reasoning has totally blown me out of the water and there is nothing else I can say.
    (Step's Slowly away backwards from the Stupid).

15. serial

I am not the one resorting to name calling
    why can you not accept that I disagree with your investment strategy?
    why do you feel the need to abuse anyone who questions it?
    you have literally fulfilled the stereotype parodied in that video
    I made a call and in a few months you will have a chance to call me names again
    in the mean time why don't you stop acting like we are attacking you personally and accepting that when people have such different opinions on matters of money one person is right and the other is wrong.
    we will find out soon enough who that is but I guarantee that if I am wrong I will still be on stackers years from now. if you are wrong you will disappear from this forum rather than eat humble pie.
    either way I have seen signs and made a call on the bubble, sorry if that upset you but you should harden up and stop getting so upset when someone insults your precious cyrptos

16. southerncross

No Serial, you are ignorant, uneducated and a Fool because you are trying to educate people about something you obviously know absolutely fucking nothing about. That is why you should Fucken Zip It. You wouldn't know a blockchain from your own Back passage.

Ironically you seem not even to be aware that you are in the part of Silver Stacker's that deals explicitly with Digital Currency's you dimwit.

I don't pump anything, and have nothing to gain by posting anything that I do here at all. You on the other hand make predictions about something that you obviously don't even have the faintest clue about at all. Ah "Ponzi" you screech, all the while not even knowing anything about the technology at all.

By the way you Bobble Headed, paranoid know nothing Budgerigar brain, I think the the last word you were searching for in your post was Complicit.

Now go feed your Cats.

17. serial

yes you do, you abuse anyone who questions it and constantly crow about how much money people make from it.
    you still have failed to show that cryptos have any use other than investment and trade.
    you trade in nothing, complicated expensive nothing but ultimately it is still nothing. you cant eat it, make it into anything useful etc
    but hey! who cares If you are making money right, just because you lack the ability to make money elsewhere you follow the heard up the mountain to jump of the cliff encouraging others to follow you and deriding those who point out the cliffs edge
    Don't try to act like you are some investment guru who knows more than others because you made a few dollars from it, if you had 10,000 bitcoins that you swapped a pizza for I might have some respect for you but your a late investor in a Ponzi approaching the end of its cycle
    so grammar Nazi the Shit out of what I write and abuse me but again your just demonstrating your insecurity, deep down you know what I am saying is true, you just want to believe in the idea that you can make lots of money from this when you have failed in every other investment you have made

18. southerncross

19. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

This thread reminds me of the old Real estate forum i love a good arguement with a bit of harmless name calling, my little brain starts to function properly lol. keep up the good work serial & southern cross :) its called passion something thats lacking around here lately its as dead as a dodo .
    A good stoush puts bums on seats so to speak .
    I have to say im on the crypto wagon as of last week & im up about 80% in a week this thing is fkn nuts & i am fully aware it could dissipate to SFA next week .. As usual dyod & only spend what you can afford to lose . Im not a gambler but the returns are great if you pick em right.
    Now should i take profit or be a greedy prick ?... i think il hold for a while longer says the guy who said in 2011 " il cash my silver in when it gets to $50" i missed it by that ( )much ...some people never learn .
    like anything you need to be in it to win it .

20. Stoic Phoenix

Stoic Phoenix Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Hi Serial,
    I see you have made a call and respect the fact you have nut up rather than shut up.
    Most people won't make calls however I do feel your reasoning as to why is really flawed. (End of fin year Australia)
    Larger markets such as US, Germany fiscal year Starts October....China and Korea in April.
    Surely they would have bigger impact if people "cash out to pay taxes" than your concern of Australian financial year?

southerncross likes this.