Perth bullion vs ABC Bullion

Discussion in 'Gold' started by Alee, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Alee

Alee New Member

Hello from Europe!
    We need some advice. Which bullion is better: Perth or ABC Bullion?
    Got some options (PMGOLD) but when it comes to coins and bullion we are not sure what to do.
    We will appreciate your advice as we lack experience and knowledge when it comes to physical gold.

Regards,

EU trader

2. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Buy local products

3. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

now there are many reputable sellers online and you can store the product as well, fly to visit and collect your metals once or twice a year

harder to get products at your location will generally attract better premium, buyer will be willing to pay you to get from you

if there are too many seller on one product, generally the premium would be compete away... so it will be a buyer market on their premium
    harder to get products usually has better premium

4. Alee

Alee New Member

Thanks for your answers!
    I have an account with Perth Mint, PMGOLD (options) and some unallocated gold (10oz). I am going to take it with us but it will be later in 2018. I really prefer to fly twice a year to Australia and to buy OZ gold. Better security and no data to our local authorities.

No local products in our country, one or two gold coins per year. A few gold miners, some local coins ....that is it.

When it comes to re sellers there are one or two, not more. The banks occupy the market and the premium over the spot price is definitely high.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
    spannermonkey likes this.
  5. Alee

Alee New Member

Just to add more data:
    1. A few gold miners, including Dundee Precious, no Australian players. Oz companies do the research and deliver equipment in the country. Still most of the metal is being exported.
    2. I have been trading ASX (including junior miners) since 2004. At the present moment own two or three positions, mainly graphite and lithium. In the past owned Lihir Gold now part of New Crest.
    3. Still thinking whether to buy gold and to leave it in a vault in Sydney.
    Cheers