Crypto Info

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by southerncross, Dec 12, 2017.

1. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

A place to chuck random Crypto stuff.

long88 likes this.
  2. Soprano16

Soprano16 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Good minds think alike - I was thinking earlier today that we should start a general chat thread, because we're getting heaps of new threads and a lot more activity now and a lot of these threads don't really need their own thread - they can all be discussed in one general thread, just like this :)

With how quick everything moves in this industry it's a good idea to post things as they happen (if possible) here :)

southerncross likes this.
  3. Stoic Phoenix

Stoic Phoenix Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Any feedback from our more experienced cryptologists on the below statement?

" we aim to be doing 1m tps instead of just having 200k tps so we can be adopted by big banks. If successful that means anyone can exchange all their assets in a decentralized way directly to offshore banking. crypto to fiat and we will end up being the biggest exchange in the world if we can succeed with 1mtps."

4. southerncross

Where did you snatch that from Stoic ?

5. southerncross

Forgive me if I am Wrong BB, but you have been a skeptic for years now with Crypto's. IOTA might have finally got you by the balls huh ? That point in time when it clicks in your head that all this stuff with blockchain might actually have something behind it ?
    I think the crash that everyone is looking for is still waaaaaay off in the future.

Consider this, I'm not even half as smart as most of the people here on SS, I live in the real bush where the internet connection comes from a satellite dish that just works most of the time and we eat meat that we grow and kill ourselves.
    I admit that I am not as well educated as you yourself are academically, I don't have a website, I don't do twitter, linked in and all that social media crap that you get involved with etc. I have exactly zero qualifications at universality .

But I have actually helped people get a start in this crypto world on a personal basis. Walked a lot of them through how to get a wallet and safe guard it, learn the ropes of how it all works, point them towards some profitable cryptos in the past and give them a good start without expecting anything back at all.

You seem to promote an inevitable crash, and have done for a while.... why ?

jerrygold and Garnet like this.
  6. southerncross

Got a couple of mysterious Emails this morning from Huobi.pro letting me know my verification number to create my account with them.
    Both about an hour apart.

Thing is I've never visited Huobi.pro before. ?

"Huobi.pro is a world famous Bitcoin exchange. On Huobi.pro, you can trade Litecoin (LTC), Ethereum (ETH), Bitcoin Cash (BCC), Ethereum Classic (ETC), DASH, etc, using Bitcoin (BTC) and USDT. We provide real-time Bitcoin price, Bitcoin markets."

7. leo25

leo25 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You have to admit cryptos have all the characteristic of a bubble, so you can't blame people for then making that connection. Historically when things go up this fast they normally come down just as fast.

I personally would have been much happier if cryptos just settled a few months ago after already doing a big run up and then focus on improving software and getting everyone really using it instead of just flipping accounting representations of cryptos on exchanges. I think it would have made for a much stronger foundation.

I had a look on Litecoin explorer and notice in the past hour Litecoin is only processing 1.25 transactions per second (hardly anyone is using it). Compare that to thousands per second on exchanges in the recent run up. I feel people are forgetting the bigger picture and just keeping everything in the exchange.

Also just to note blockchains and merkle trees are not a new idea. The blockchain concept as been around since the 1980s and merkle trees since about 2000. They have been used in more localised scenarios, but never on large scales due to them being very inefficient in large scales.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
    BuggedOut likes this.
  8. southerncross

9. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

Man discovers code used for Bitcoin mining after using Wi-Fi at Starbucks

"As the CEO of a company that uses blockchain technology to transfer money, Michael Dunworth said even if you don’t have Bitcoin, hackers will use the power of your processor for an algorithm used to find digital currencies anywhere in the world.
    “If you wanted to mine Bitcoin, you’d need a massive warehouse full of computers to have much success, so this is a much easier way for hackers to get access to cryptocurrency,” he told news.com.au.

CTO of Symantec Pacific Region Nick Savvides said the best way to avoid hackers hijacking your computer’s processor to mine for coins was to ensure your security software up to date.

“These tools will often block the code from running, the sites that run it and the sites that distribute it,” he said.

“If you notice your computer getting very slow when browsing a site, it may be a sign that they are using a browser miner."

read more at: http://www.news.com.au/technology/o...s/news-story/725cbd2823eef79416bf5752454720d8

10. REDBACK

REDBACK Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Lol Southern cross so your not a self proclaimed Financial expert…thank god for that!!!
    But your plenty smart and packing with common sense and insight.
    Thanks for all your help at the beginning of my Crypto journey.
    Your free investment of time and patience was and is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks for your great input here and all the behind the scenes work you put in.
    Cheers
    Best regards
    REDBACK

11. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

Should Australia start its own cryptocurrency?

"On Wednesday, the head of Australia’s Reserve Bank said the normally staid and boring institution had been looking into these digital currencies and was even considering creating its own — a digital currency version of the Australian dollar."

"It sounds like a good idea in theory. But the Reserve Bank has decided for now not to go ahead with the plan and the reason is somewhat disturbing. They’re worried it could hurt Australia’s banks.

Governor of the Reserve Bank Philip Lowe actually raised the prospect of people starting a run on Australia’s banks."

"Lowe points out that in a time of crisis, people don’t want any old asset. They want safe assets backed by government. After all, Australian bank accounts are backed by a government guarantee, which is in turn backed by a $400 billion dollar annual budget, which is in turn backed the power to make people pay taxes or be put in jail. No digital currency has that."

read more at: http://www.news.com.au/finance/econ...y/news-story/368b3f603f42337c70162cf434777ca2

Of course there is also the risk the national debt would possibly be paid off in record time ... but who would want that instead of perpetual debt ...

12. southerncross

The Banks are shitting themselves, after sucking billions of dollars a year from the populace they are starting to realize just what Crypto's could mean to them.

Australian Bank accounts Backed by a government guarantee ? More like backed by the Australia Taxpayer, the government has no money other than that seized through Taxes from the people, the same people getting screwed by the banks.

Go take a look at what sort of interest rate you can get on a Cash term deposit at a bank, 2-3% if your lucky, plus the associated fee's and taxes.

I just got a 41% return in less than 24 hr's on a Single Crypto.

Bank's suck Billions from Australians Pockets, ruin peoples lives through shoddy profit making with the push of a button and then then cry foul when some competition show's up.

Screw them all.

renovator, long88, whay and 5 others like this.
  13. Teh silvers

Teh silvers Member

14. Soprano16

Soprano16 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

So we know that CME starts tomorrow, but just saw this

TD Ameritrade, the largest futures operation of any online brokerage, is going to allow bitcoin futures trading on its platform starting Monday. The TD Ameristrade story is important because it operates the largest futures operation of any online brokerage firm. The firm just announced it will begin allowing trading of bitcoin futures on its futures platform on Monday. That means more retail participation and more liquidity.

15. southerncross

16. southerncross

17. leo25

leo25 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

A few people I know are just getting into cryptos and they have no interest in Bitcoin due to the price being so high. I don't know why some people keep thinking everyone is going to want bitcoin in order to push the price much higher. People will look into to the endless amount of other cryptos out there. Ronnie sounds like an idiot. You can't just create new elements but you can keep creating new cryptos.

18. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

19. southerncross

So you want to get into Crypto's , trade Cryptos, stack Crypto's. What is the main trading base for all other Cryptos on nearly all the major Exchanges ?

20. jerrygold

jerrygold Active Member Silver Stacker

USI Tech?